Guide : Murderer Bounties

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
alatar

Re: Murderer Bounties

Post by alatar »

I think only murderer characters show up on the bounty menu anyways..

grimsk

Re: Guide : Murderer Bounties

Post by grimsk »

But you know it's not very difficult to gm 7 Skill and collect the 1 millions bounty for your next toon.The Bounty system anyway was never perfect.
But it's never fun losing a very well known character.If you get up with a very high bounty.You don't want to die.Because everyonr know you.(OSI)

The solution for this would be

1:Adding a maximum of money per report (100-500 gold piece)
2:Adding a maximum gold for Bounty (100,000 gold piece mean @ 50-100 *75 gp* = 1333 report for murdering .. If someone got 1333 report for murdering.He's perma red (well lol) and if he kill himself to collect his bounty.Frankly he can have the 100 k . he deserve it .. HAHA

That just some idea of mine anyway.You don't have to like it.

macil22

Post by macil22 »

Derrick wrote:
Khronus wrote:Derrick can that murderer have more then 1 bounty reported? the killer will get all gold with only 1 head or 1 bounty report per head?
If you turn in the head of a murderer you will receive all the bounty that was posted for that murderer at the time that the head was taken. You cannot then save a head in the hopes that the bounty will later increase.
alatar wrote:Does chopping a corpse flag you gray here? I believe I saw someone get wacked in town for doing that earlier..
Yes, carving a blue corpse is a criminal action. Carving a red or grey corpse is not. In either case however you do lose karma.
dirk smallwood wrote:I'm sure this would be slightly difficult to add, but could you atleast add a ip check or something to keep someone from just double clienting to claim their own bounty?

I know this won't keep guildies and whatnot from claiming each others bounties, but would atleast stop the lone pkers.
We've considered this in addition to other methods of preventing people from collecting their own bounties. In addition to the complexity of implementing it, we don't think a huge benefit would be reaped here, and really it just encourages cooperative exploitation, rather than individual exploitation of the bounty system.
Ok I have a question. Lets say there is a 5k bounty on someone and I kill them and cut them up. I now I have a head with a 5k trade in value. Lets say instead of turning it in I decide for some reason to sit in my house macroing for a few hours. Within the next hour the murderer kills someone else and gets another 5k added to the bounty. Would the bounty now be 10k since I never claimed the original? Someone then comes along and kills him and carves him up. Is that new head then worth 10k? Could both bounty hunters turn in the heads for a combined 15k? Or would the 2nd head be worth only 5k and if the first head is never turned in then that 5k bounty is gone for good?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

macil22 wrote:Ok I have a question. Lets say there is a 5k bounty on someone and I kill them and cut them up. I now I have a head with a 5k trade in value. Lets say instead of turning it in I decide for some reason to sit in my house macroing for a few hours. Within the next hour the murderer kills someone else and gets another 5k added to the bounty. Would the bounty now be 10k since I never claimed the original? Someone then comes along and kills him and carves him up. Is that new head then worth 10k? Could both bounty hunters turn in the heads for a combined 15k? Or would the 2nd head be worth only 5k and if the first head is never turned in then that 5k bounty is gone for good?
Another thing you should add to your questions: "If someone kills him after I've killed him, but turns the head in for the bounty before me, will he get it all? So, if I'm not first with the head, will I lose out on the bounty from when I killed him?" ;)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:This is a good point. I'm going to restrict the ability to post bounties to characters which are red, which I believe is accurate anyway.
you could post a bounty to any player, but it was not claimable unless the character was a murderer. nor would the player show up on the bounty board lest he had >5 murders. i tested this during UO:R while the bounty system was still active, but there were less than 20 stat loss murderers on the shard to fill it.

there was no gump like the current one that pops up upon being murdered by a blue, during the t2a era
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

exince

Post by exince »

Derrick wrote:
  • You must have killed the player, or if the player killed himself, you must have carved the body.
is this really accurate? i used to claim a lot of bounties back in the day on osi. mostly hunted down with my guild. never noticed been unable to claim a bounty because of not dealing the "kill"-shot?

And.. On Osi, as a blue, you'd lose a lot of karma for killing a innocent (blue). Yesterday i killed a looter (with the help of a balron). I was reported for murder (i must consider my sins proved that as i didn't have any counts before) but i've never seen the message that i've lost karma. And i was still "glorious". Is this implemented on UOSA?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

exince wrote:And.. On Osi, as a blue, you'd lose a lot of karma for killing a innocent (blue). Yesterday i killed a looter (with the help of a balron). I was reported for murder (i must consider my sins proved that as i didn't have any counts before) but i've never seen the message that i've lost karma. And i was still "glorious". Is this implemented on UOSA?
I've posted the way karma loss used to work - have no proof of it, but I'm rather surprised noone actually remembers how it worked. Taking a murder count would ALWAYS drop you to a set level of negative karma, depending on what your kill count was.
karma loss from murders. karma loss from murdering post rep system, pre uo:r and some time into UO:R, was a set value based on your total number of murder counts. it did not matter if your victim was glorious or dread, you'd lose the same amount of karma upon taking a murder count. you could not reach outcast or dread status from simply res killing a player and not taking murder counts from it. in order to lose any karma at all from killing someone, you HAD TO TAKE A MURDER COUNT.

EXAMPLE: your karma level would drop to a set value based on how many murders you had. you did not simply "lose karma" for killing someone - if you were already a scoundrel, then murdered 4 people, you were still a scoundrel. if you were a glorious lord, and murdered 1 person, you would immediately drop to -1 karma rank (I cant remember the title). if you were glorious lord, and took your 4th murder count, you would immediately drop to -3 karma rank.

1 long term kill - rude
2 long term kills - unsavory
3 long term kills - scoundrel

5 - despicable

10 - outcast

before you ask how I know the numbers (as obviously your title changes after your 5th murder count - to murderer)... i was a siege perilous player, where the "murderer" title was not implemented. always having a curious interest as to how many murders it took to reach -5 karma rank, i paid attention while PKing.
I believe the karma-murder count system was changed after publish 16, not entirely sure though. It may still be in place today on OSI servers.

this made the infamous "dread lord" title extremely difficult to get, since after you hit -4 level karma, you were only half way to -5 level, yet you had very few options to continue lowering karma. i believe on free run servers, you can make it most of the way to -5 level karma by res killing a blue player.

post t2a you would barely ever see anyone with this title at all (i think i may have seen it ONCE, not cunting siege perilous). the only way to get your karma that low was by killing nobles/seekers of adventure, or taking 10 kill counts (the was probably a third way i can't think of right now). i had it post factions by using a murder reprieve, but that doesn't count lol
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

macil22 wrote:Ok I have a question. Lets say there is a 5k bounty on someone and I kill them and cut them up. I now I have a head with a 5k trade in value. Lets say instead of turning it in I decide for some reason to sit in my house macroing for a few hours. Within the next hour the murderer kills someone else and gets another 5k added to the bounty. Would the bounty now be 10k since I never claimed the original? Someone then comes along and kills him and carves him up. Is that new head then worth 10k? Could both bounty hunters turn in the heads for a combined 15k? Or would the 2nd head be worth only 5k and if the first head is never turned in then that 5k bounty is gone for good?
The first head is worth 5k, the second head is worth 10k. If you turn in your 5k head first, the guy with the 10k head will only get 5k for it. If The 10k head gets turned in first, you'll not get anything for your 5k head.

Each head has a max value of the players total bounty at the time it was taken, and the murderer has a max bounty himself, any bounty paid out is taken from the murderers bounty, but is cannot exceed the value of the bounty at the time the head was carved.
exince wrote:
Derrick wrote:
  • You must have killed the player, or if the player killed himself, you must have carved the body.
is this really accurate? i used to claim a lot of bounties back in the day on osi. mostly hunted down with my guild. never noticed been unable to claim a bounty because of not dealing the "kill"-shot?

And.. On Osi, as a blue, you'd lose a lot of karma for killing a innocent (blue). Yesterday i killed a looter (with the help of a balron). I was reported for murder (i must consider my sins proved that as i didn't have any counts before) but i've never seen the message that i've lost karma. And i was still "glorious". Is this implemented on UOSA?
It's belived to be accurate, based on some very obscure sources. We don't have much solid information on the bounty system from OSI at this level of detail.

Aye, it's possible that you should always lose Karma when being reported for murder. These issues should probably be raised in the Suggestions and Era Accruacy forum, as I don't get a chance to browse threads in here often. The other forum may see more activity on these questions.

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."