Selling in game wares/accounts for money.

Topics related to Second Age
Derrick

Selling in game wares/accounts for money.

Post by Derrick »

Soliciting anything on Second age for real currency, or in trade for items of tangible value/expense through the forums, be it public or private communication or in IRC or in-game is not allowed and will result in account termination if discovered.

This is the only statement that will be made on this and further discussion is not encouraged.

Derrick

Re: Selling in game wares/accounts for money.

Post by Derrick »

Bumping this notice on understanding that there has been some soliciting going on in game, and in forums.
This is prohibited, and accounts involved may be subject to ban when discovered.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ashikata
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ashikata »

Every time I read this thread title, I think Derrick is breaking his own rules
[I-C] Infernal Covenant - The single most adored, envied and accomplished guild throughout the history of UO.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ashikata wrote:Every time I read this thread title, I think Derrick is breaking his own rules
That's funny; you're right. I could have phrased that a lot better.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I hate to keep this going but I cant help but wonder why you stated it the way you did. Instead of saying "Selling in games items or accounts will result in account termination if discovered." You limited it to selling the items/accounts via your forms of communication. Does this mean that if I were to say, call someone on the phone, or hit them in aim or icq that I could legally sell them in games items or accounts? I dont plan on it but im just trying to make it more clear on the exact circumstances (if any) that selling accounts/items would be allowed.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Stranger wrote:I hate to keep this going but I cant help but wonder why you stated it the way you did. Instead of saying "Selling in games items or accounts will result in account termination if discovered." You limited it to selling the items/accounts via your forms of communication. Does this mean that if I were to say, call someone on the phone, or hit them in aim or icq that I could legally sell them in games items or accounts? I dont plan on it but im just trying to make it more clear on the exact circumstances (if any) that selling accounts/items would be allowed.
There are no circumstances in which we would endorse this.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Can you sell irl items for UO gold :lol: Just kidding,
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Can you sell irl items for UO gold
Along similar lines:

Pristiq offered me a Razor macro for a pic of my boobies. Is that legal?
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Just to clarify further - does this only apply to monetary compensation? Can I, for example, trade items for sex? To be clear, they would provide the items, and I would provide the sex. Because, deep down, I'm really more of a hooker than a john.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Budner wrote:Just to clarify further - does this only apply to monetary compensation? Can I, for example, trade items for sex? To be clear, they would provide the items, and I would provide the sex. Because, deep down, I'm really more of a hooker than a john.

100k Gold a minute?
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Yeah that's about how long it usually takes.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The rule is as stated, and requires no further clarification.

Soliciting prostitution on the forums would likely not be allowed, but that would be a different rule.