That location is blocked - Rune Bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Germ

That location is blocked - Rune Bug

Post by Germ »

I am building a treasure map library as I complete the maps, and I am marking each rune in the exact same location of the Chest, which is one tile to the North of the chest.

Now that I am mostly done building the library, I have noticed that some of these runes are unable to be recalled to ("That Location is Blocked"). I have recalled off alternate runes that put me in a different spot with no trouble, and made sure that there was nothing blocking the location.

It appears that when you mark the rune on top of the dirt you dig up it gives it a different coordinate that is only able to be recalled to when a chest is dug up and the dirt under it is back again. I have tested this on two different maps, and would be glad to demonstrate in game. I have noticed it on a few of the maps in and around Ocllo. Namely maps 193, 197, 198, 199.

http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparch ... psection=V

I am not sure why it does this with some maps and not others, but I will continue to experiment and find out if I can determine why. It is not that the runes were marked on the dirt... or if so, it is specific to a few of the locations i have found so far, because I have marked most of mine with the dirt still up, and they work fine. Just tested it with Map 18, dug the chest, marked a rune on the dirt, waited for the dirt to disappear, and recalled fine. When I tried that with map 197 it would say location is blocked, however I could recall to the rune when the dirt was there.

Would be happy to provide you with access to my rune library if you need.

Germ

Derrick

Re: That location is blocked - Rune Bug

Post by Derrick »

Aye, I'd like to see one of the runes. Thanks!

Send an ingame page or hit me in IRC if you could.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the help with this issue, will be fixed in the next patch. Existing runes will function, no need to re-mark them.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Germ

Post by Germ »

Sounds good. If I find any other instances of this sort of thing, will be sure to let you know.

Germ