Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro: Manipulating set last target

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Panama Red

Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro: Manipulating set last target

Post by Panama Red »

Gil's Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro: Manipulating set last target

Requirements:
- many hatchets

Objective:
- setup a Lumberjack macro for those less familiar with razor and implementing macros.
- easy to setup, semi-auto, only need to re-target a new hatchet when old one breaks

Notes:
- this macro requires the user to be at the computer
- makes collecting wood much easier
- Cannot Covert hatchet to DClick by type because hatchet must be equipped to be used
* when the hatchet breaks, "Double Click (0x402F5C0F)" must be re-targeted to a new hatchet
- I made a hot key to start the macro and another key to stop macros

Instructions:
- prime macro => equip hatchet, double click, wait for target, click tree
- hit the Lumberjack macro hotkey to begin choppin wood
- when there is no more wood to be harvested, a target will appear, select the next tree
- hit the stop macro hotkey when you need to make boards

*Repeat in the same order

Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro:
====================================================

Double Click (0x402F5C0F)
Wait for Target
Exec: Last Target > convert "absolute target" to => Last Target
Pause 1.00sec
If ( SysMessage "you put some logs into your backpack." )
Double Click (0x402F5C0F)
Wait for Target
Exec: Last Target > convert "absolute target" to => Last Target
Pause 1.00sec
Else
If ( SysMessage "there's not enough wood here to harvest." )
Set Last Target
End If

====================================================

* check loop box

**Important**
- must prime macro to for it to work!!!!
- prime macro = equip hatchet, double click, wait for target, click tree
- priming the macro sets the last target!

* when hatchet breaks:
- (highlight) "Double Click (0x402F5C0F)" (right click) (select) re-target => click new hatchet

Any questions, I use the name Gil in IRC and in game, give me a PM.

Other Macros:

GM Magery macros (lightning, eb, fs)
Stealth

My Provocation Macro:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 3&start=30

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Semi-Auto Lumberjack Macro: Manipulating set last target

Post by Batlin »

Hi,

I never used lumberjacking but I believe you can solve the problem of having to retarget your hatchet by recording the Use Last Item in Hand action.

Basicly, assign a hotkey to that action (it's in the Items tree on the Hot Keys tab) and record the "key press".

Another idea I have, unsure if it will work, maybe it's also possible to record "lifting" a hatchet (convert by type), and drop it on your left hand. You can than lift/drop a new hatchet if sysmsg said your hatchet broke. I believe lifting by type will only work when the items are in your backpack.

Give it a try and let me know :)
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

[quote="Batlin"]Hi,

I never used lumberjacking but I believe you can solve the problem of having to retarget your hatchet by recording the Use Last Item in Hand action.

Basicly, assign a hotkey to that action (it's in the Items tree on the Hot Keys tab) and record the "key press".
/quote]

I was about to suggest this. This will work. I've been using Razor to make Lumber and Mining rails for years now and people always seem to overlook a Dress Item & Use Item in Hand macro for having your avatar use a specific tool.

Another thing that I've done is add the tool to Counters (so it appears in your titlebar display), and then add an If Tool <= 0, Use tinker tools, target ingots, craft Tool. End If.

This way your guy makes the item while on the go (though I'm not sure if you can make hatchets here)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Thanks for all of your good suggestions on making a lumberjacking macro. I think I've perfected my macro, but then again I've just gotten started on the character.

Code: Select all

Exec: Use Item in Hand
Wait for Target
Exec: Last Target
Pause 2.00sec
If (SysMessage "harvest")
   If (logs count" >=2)
      Say: Move me!
      Double Click (saw (1034))*
      Wait for Menu (Any)**
      Menu Response 1**
      Wait for Menu (Any)**
      Menu Response 1**
      Pause 10.00sec
   End If
   If (Weight <=200)***
      Say: New Target please!
      Set Last Target
   End If
   If (Weight >=201)***
      Say: I'm FULL! So get me the fck outta' here! NAO Betch!
      Exec: > Stop Current Macro*****
   End If
End If
If (SysMessage "worn")****
   If ("hatchet count" >=1)
      Exec: Dress Hatchet
      Dress Hatchet
   End If
   If (hatchet count" <=0)
      Say: NO MOAR TOOLS BETCH! GTFO!
      Exec: > Stop Current Macro*****
   End If
End If
I've put a counter on the logs and the hatchets and it checks towards my weight if I can continue lumberjacking or if I have to stop (ie can't hold more weigh or have no more tools). It also makes all logs into boards after each tree. All I have to do with this macro running is to move to a new spot (usually while I'm making the boards) and click a new tree. Also, since my template does not offer any room for skills to make my own tools, I carry some tools (hatchets for me) with me just in case some break. But as RoadKill suggested above you can replace the part where my macro stops with you making some new tools instead.

And the reason why I have my character automatically say things to me is because whatever else I decide to do on my computer I always have the Journal window open to see what kind of action I manually have to take at the moment (my characters text color is in a color that would pop-out and be easily viewable in the Journal Window). This is really so that I don't have to do much thinking in case I'm involved in doin' somethin' else. Basically, Razor tells me how to play the game. lol! ;)

I hope this helps someone.

* Or any other carpentry tool you have/feel like using.
** The menu can look different depending on your carpentry skill. If you don't want the menu to change, then lock your carpentry skill.
*** The weight you can carry of course depends on your strength, but since my character is new and doesn't have 100 strength yet, I occasionally adjust this according to my current strenght.
**** Or whatever the System Message contains when you break your tool, I havn't done that much lumberjacking to come to this yet.
***** This can of course be replaced with a recall, to get you to your bank/house to store your newly aquired boards. You can also add the use of your hiding skill, should you have some, and then stop the macro, in case you for some reason have to run away from the comp to put out a fire that just started in your oven. I'd suggest making a new macro with hiding only and have Razor start that macro when it's finished instead of just stopping altogether.

Kamora
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kamora »

mine is much more simple, because the darn razor is much too hard. try this one:

double click axe
target tree (change this to target relative location)
pause .80

check the loop box at the bottom.

so now all you have to do is walk to each tree. the macro does all the clicks for chopping it. saves your wrists from hurting :)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

lol yah, that's one way of doin' et. ;)

blacklabel

Post by blacklabel »

here's mine, will autochop into boards when you become overweight, buy hammers.

just equip a hatchet, run from tree to tree and let it do it's thing.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044081|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|390
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4138|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|0|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.8500000
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|-1

wyvern35
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wyvern35 »

hey guys I dont know if this is part of UOSA coding but does Lumberjacking assist in the damage done by a perticular weapon set or skill set like it did on the payshards? If so, would you tell me which?

Zane

Post by Zane »

wyvern35 wrote:hey guys I dont know if this is part of UOSA coding but does Lumberjacking assist in the damage done by a perticular weapon set or skill set like it did on the payshards? If so, would you tell me which?
No it doesn't. That's post era.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

This is a hybrid of macros from Kamora and Safir, I'm still newish to Razor but I'm very proud of how well this harvests wood... all I gotta do is move the guy around and he loads up on wood extremely fast.

Double Click (Ox404D0026) - This number varies on your axe
Wait for Target
Target RelLoc (-1,0) This is the one I really like, I'll talk about this later.
Pause .80sec
if ( Weight >= [290, for example] )
Double Click (0x404EFA3C) - this is carpentry tool so it varies
Wait for Menu (Any)
MenuResponse 1
Wait for Menu (Any)
MenuResponse 1
Pause .01sec

And I loop this, I actually tossed in a spirit speak macro in there to build my gatherer's int up while he chops wood. This makes wood chopping require just about no clicking, just dragging the mouse once in a while.

I borrowed from Kamora's, but what that Target RelLoc (-1,0) does is make my guy auto-hack at whatever is to his left, in this case trees of course, it seems to work on all trees, I havn't tested it in the jungle but I dont like lumberjacking there. So I just move him around to trees and he hacks away, honestly I don't have to click anything until he is totally encumbered with logs, I just move him around the map to trees, its really easy on the wrist and easy to watch TV with or whatever.

Thanks for these Lumberjacking Tips, a tedious but needed harvest, these macros have made my wrists very happy and I'm gathering wood like I've never done before.

Question for blacklabel if he's still around.
I see people past macro strings like yours in the boards but does not look like anything I have in Razor. How come you have a different format, and how can I use that?
Last edited by Eastwood on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catskills 97-99

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Under if conditional you can find that you can equip your hatchet, axe, hally or whatever if your left or right hand is empty. Put the conditional in, drag the weapon to your hand then add an end if.

Using this, target by type, and use item in hand you can bypass alot of the problems you are having.

Also if you dont want to drag and drop, lumbering a bunch of logs around you can also include a system message that turns the boards into logs when you reach a certain weight making them easier to carry so you can run them to the bank on horseback.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

OMG!! THANKS SOOOO MUCH! I dread lumberjacking but this is GREAT. I'm actually surprised I figured out how to do it.

Elowick

Post by Elowick »

Ok, I apologize for this admittedly stupid question... but I can't seem to find hatchets! I've looked everywhere i can think to look. I tried to use a doube axe, but my new charachter isn't strong enough to equip it.

Could someone please educate this newbie on where he can find hatchets? :)

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Elowick wrote:Ok, I apologize for this admittedly stupid question... but I can't seem to find hatchets! I've looked everywhere i can think to look. I tried to use a doube axe, but my new charachter isn't strong enough to equip it.

Could someone please educate this newbie on where he can find hatchets? :)
I get tons of them from skeles. You can try running up to brit gy and looting one off a skeleton corpse. PKs usually dont bother newbies.

Luuseens

Post by Luuseens »

Eastwood: that is an awesome macro.
I took a liberty of editing it a little, so now, when your hatchet breaks, it automatically drags a new hatchet on your persona. Also, it uses the "Item in hand", rather than a specific hatchet, so no need to re-target after the tool breaks.

Code: Select all

Assistant.Macros.IfAction|8|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|3907|1
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0xEF6A|(0, 0, 0)|2
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.8000000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-1|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.8000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|337
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4148|True
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
The HotKeyAction is a hotkey bound to "Use item in Left hand".