I am the ancient red wyrm slayer! FIERCENESS!

Topics related to Second Age
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: I am the ancient red wyrm slayer! FIERCENESS!

Post by nightshark »

The other day me and some guy were hunting in Cove 3, a special lich popped up.

It was talking to us, we killed it, 5 minutes later the corpse starts talking and different types of undead started spawning around the place. Unfortunately we didn't get to the end of the "event" as a couple of PKs turned up (it went on for a good 20-30 minutes). Whoever the GM was.. he even shifted my corpse to me after the PKs didn't dry-loot (I ended up downstairs, with the dragons, trying to hide). Thanks :)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

nightshark wrote:The other day me and some guy were hunting in Cove 3, a special lich popped up.

It was talking to us, we killed it, 5 minutes later the corpse starts talking and different types of undead started spawning around the place. Unfortunately we didn't get to the end of the "event" as a couple of PKs turned up (it went on for a good 20-30 minutes). Whoever the GM was.. he even shifted my corpse to me after the PKs didn't dry-loot (I ended up downstairs, with the dragons, trying to hide). Thanks :)

IMO the whole corpse moving thing should never happen.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Cutpurse wrote:
nightshark wrote:The other day me and some guy were hunting in Cove 3, a special lich popped up.

IMO the whole corpse moving thing should never happen.
I think having an "event" kind've changes the dynamic. Players are inclined to act differently once a GM starts intervening in normal play (ie; I never recalled to bank due to "an event").
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Hmm gms doing special spawns for select player and moving corpses to avoid dry looting... I really don't like the sound of it at all.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Alex21 wrote:

Hmm gms doing special spawns for select player and moving corpses to avoid dry looting... I really don't like the sound of it at all.

x2

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

nightshark wrote:Whoever the GM was.. he even shifted my corpse to me after the PKs didn't dry-loot (I ended up downstairs, with the dragons, trying to hide). Thanks :)
Alex21 wrote:Hmm gms doing special spawns for select player and moving corpses to avoid dry looting... I really don't like the sound of it at all.
I don't think he said the corpse was moved to prevent dry looting, just that the PKs didn't. Sometimes they don't if the spawn is heavy where they dropped you and it's too risky for them to hang about and loot. They don't want to risk going into statloss by lagging in a spawn after all. The GM probably saw that nightshark died due to him staying put for the event so returning his corpse after the PKs left is utterly fine imo. It's not like it's a regular situation and is certainly no more exploitative than the old 'help I'm stuck' teleport which sees a lot of abuse.

I think it's great that random events are being dolled out. Don't start naysaying it now or you will never ever be involved in one (ie. they get removed). It's a chance thing on the whim of the GMs, as good a chance of it being you guys next as it is anyone else. Stuff like this can only enrich the shard and as long as there aren't silly rewards like neon clothing, bless deeds etc being dolled out then bring them on!

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Rhaps wrote:
nightshark wrote:Whoever the GM was.. he even shifted my corpse to me after the PKs didn't dry-loot (I ended up downstairs, with the dragons, trying to hide). Thanks :)
Alex21 wrote:Hmm gms doing special spawns for select player and moving corpses to avoid dry looting... I really don't like the sound of it at all.
I don't think he said the corpse was moved to prevent dry looting, just that the PKs didn't. Sometimes they don't if the spawn is heavy where they dropped you and it's too risky for them to hang about and loot. They don't want to risk going into statloss by lagging in a spawn after all. The GM probably saw that nightshark died due to him staying put for the event so returning his corpse after the PKs left is utterly fine imo. It's not like it's a regular situation and is certainly no more exploitative than the old 'help I'm stuck' teleport which sees a lot of abuse.

I think it's great that random events are being dolled out. Don't start naysaying it now or you will never ever be involved in one (ie. they get removed). It's a chance thing on the whim of the GMs, as good a chance of it being you guys next as it is anyone else. Stuff like this can only enrich the shard and as long as there aren't silly rewards like neon clothing, bless deeds etc being dolled out then bring them on!
I really don't see it enriching the game anymore then public events where everyone can join in, it not really about the rewards they get for doing the private event or fighting a special monster, its more of a jealousy factor that i didn't get a chance to do it as well.

So if there are going to be events, with or without rewards, why not broadcast them?

BTW im all for more events, i think we need a few more invasions here and there and maybe a return of the Maze event?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Oh I concur that more grand invasion events etc would be great. Yet I imagine they take a lot more time and effort for the GMs to run not to mention putting more stress on the server. But a random sprinkling of mini-events across the lands fills in the gap nicely between usual run-of-the-mill play and massive events. I get that you're jealous, I am too! :lol: But I wouldn't oppose these kind of events as I'd lose the chance to actually be involved in one if I happen to be in the right place at the right time.

As far as enriching the server, well it's realistic that not every event that happens in a world would be monumental. Small encounters with interesting characters or minor evils really adds to the experience and the unpredictability aspect even moreso. My only negative point would be that there are probably not enough of them going on at the moment, so people are still feeling understandably excluded. Hopefully they will become a more regular aspect of the game.

Boone
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boone »

I think it's a nice idea with these small mini-events. They are also era accurate. Seers used to do them.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Alex21 wrote:I really don't see it enriching the game anymore then public events where everyone can join in, it not really about the rewards they get for doing the private event or fighting a special monster, its more of a jealousy factor that i didn't get a chance to do it as well.

So if there are going to be events, with or without rewards, why not broadcast them?

BTW im all for more events, i think we need a few more invasions here and there and maybe a return of the Maze event?
If that event was broadcast, there might as well not have been an event in the first place. There were like 6 liches, a lich lord and a bunch of skeletons/zombies. Obviously 1 GM was taking care of the event, he did it on a whim... It was more of an adventure than anything too heavy to handle for the 2 people who were in Covetous at the time (me & another dexer).

I don't join in on the public events - I feel my character is too underdeveloped for anything PvP, and I lag too much to participate in other events like bagball.

Pat

Post by Pat »

I agree that these mini events are pretty cool and should be continued. Aslong as there are not any insane rewards or 100k statues being given out then its completely fair. I dont really feel left out at all and infact i think it would be another interesting thing to read on the forums if people were to post about there "special" encounter.

Ya, the big events are fun too but the unadvertised mini events are less likely to get ripped apart by pks. Also the big events tend to last so long so that everyone can join that they just end up getting boring. I feel that these mini events will leave you with more appreciation for the event and just make you look forward to the next encounter.