Razor : Vista and t2a.

jd222

Razor & Vista (counter bar)

Post by jd222 »

Hello all, I know that there are issues with Razor's counter bar and Windows Vista. My UO client and Razor both work perfectly, except the counter bar just does not show at all. Has anyone gotten around to making it work?

Twiz

Re: Razor & Vista (counter bar)

Post by Twiz »

My understanding is that you cannot use Aero effects on your windows in Vista. If you turn this feature off or change your theme to Vista Basic, your counters will show up.

Barney [LoV]

Post by Barney [LoV] »

Or right click on your razor shortcut

CLick properties

click compatibility

and uncheck disable visual themes :D

Pyurrot

Razor : Vista and t2a.

Post by Pyurrot »

hihi,
First off I wanna say <3 yay t2a!..

I downloaded the T2A install.. and followed all the directions. Patched it everything works wonderfully. But randomly when I have UO open it'll give me the.

"This program has stopped working looking for a solution. *Thinks for 3 seconds* No solution found, windows is closing the program." Error... aside from that it doesn't really give me much else for information.

I'm not sure what to do to fix it?... so any help would be simply magnificent~

Thanks a bunch in advance. =X
. . . The lust has quickly become obsession.

Derrick

Re: Vista and t2a.

Post by Derrick »

Client crashes are non infrequent unfortunately. Some have had luck by patching up to our recommended version, 5.0.8.3

Welcome to Second Age

Philzin

Razor

Post by Philzin »

whats'up?

So, my razor counter doesnt work... I took a look at the forum and saw a post that talks about this, tried the option of changing the windows vista theme and unchecking the thing, but no changes at all
my razor version is 0.1.28 and my client is above 4.0.0

any ideas :wink: ??

Derrick

Re: Razor

Post by Derrick »

right click on the razor shortcut,, Properties -> Compatability -> Check "Disable desktop composition"

Philzin

Post by Philzin »

yeah
it was unchecked already

thats how its looking
Attachments
screen
screen

Pyurrot

Post by Pyurrot »

Derrick wrote:Client crashes are non infrequent unfortunately. Some have had luck by patching up to our recommended version, 5.0.8.3

Welcome to Second Age
If that patch is the one that comes with the T2a Install thingy. ^^ i did. Thank you =X
quick edit:
Would maybe using the ML install fix this problem? (Im using the t2a disc + patch) right now.
. . . The lust has quickly become obsession.

Purge

Post by Purge »

Running the ML client worked for me. I had the same issue

Purge

Post by Purge »

Barney [LoV] wrote:Or right click on your razor shortcut

CLick properties

click compatibility

and uncheck disable visual themes :D

didnt work for me, how do i change the vista theme to get my counters to show? :D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It needs to be checked to Disable it. It's what provides the transparancy of the top window handle, on which razor can't draw. If it's not that one, it's "Disable Visual Themes". I have them both checked.

wonka215

Re: Razor : Vista and t2a.

Post by wonka215 »

I have patched up. When my client loades but it flashes a bunch and if I touch my mouse too much it will go into program not responding. If I leave it alone it will let me go to the login page (UO is stuck in full screen) I created an acct. I am able to get to the character creation and then when I start editiing the client crashes everytime. what should I do?

akeba

Post by akeba »

Vista doesn't come with dotnet1.1.. and if you download & install it, Vista complains about its compatibility. My client used to flash & crash, but after downloading & installing dotnet1.1, and then the service packs for it to make it compatible with Vista, I never crash anymore.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This sounds very similar to the troubles in this thread:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1391

To get out of full screen, press <ALT><ENTER> once the client has stabilized. The issue in the beginning has something to do with playing the intro movie.

Some people have had to turn off the game music, something to do with particular incompatible sound cards.

If you continue to have trouble, hop into the IRC channel, info on our main website, link to JavaChat in left menu bar there.