Patch 127: March 19, 2010 - Magic Items, Core Timer, bugs

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 127: March 19, 2010 - Magic Items, Core Timer, bugs

Post by Derrick »

• Magic Clothing and Jewelry has undergone complete revision.
    • Bug in Protection items which prevented them from consuming charges is fixed
    • Protection items are no longer stackable with the Protection Spell
    • Items will no longer consume extra charges when logging in and out
    • Removing an invisibility item will no longer unhide the player if the player hid with the Hiding Skill
    • Nightsight only expires at dawn. (this applies to spell and potions too)
    • It is now possible to recast nightsight to a higher level. (Items give less light than GM magery)
    • Beneficial Charges on clothing, jewelry and other worn items now last 50 seconds.
    • Ring of invisibility can now be used by double clicking it.
    • The number of charges on existing items effected by this was increased to compensate for this reduction.
    • Loot tables have been reworked for clothing and jewelry. Some rarer enchantment types may now be more common.
  • Overhaul of the core timer.
    • Everything in game that is timed now operates on 0.25 second "ticks" as on OSI
    • This means that during moments of server lag, server time will not pass.
    • Time will not pass during world saves, so the incidents of double weapons swings, or getting double flamestriked, or double fire-breath'd surrounding a world save should cease.
    • Testing did not report any significantly noticeable effects related to this change.
  • Pet guarding overhaul (part one)
    • Implementation of more accurate restrictions of what can be guarded.
    • You cannot guard items in other players houses or boats.
      • To guard an item in a house you must be a friend or owner.
      • To guard an item on a boat, you must be on the boat, or possess a key.
    • You cannot guard other players pets.
    • You cannot guard items which are in containers
    • Other background work has been done to enable future corrections to the way players are guarded.
  • Weapons, armor and clothing:
    • Jesters Suits, Tunics, Surcoats, Sash, Full Apron were got giving AR in error, they now will.
    • Possible exploits involving using weapons to increase tactics beyond the enchantment of the weapon fixed. Same for Protection items.
    • Ghouls touch weapons were not paralyzing if the target resisted. This has been corrected to apply 1/2 duration if resisted.
    • Bronze Shields, and Heater Shields will no longer appear as magic items.
  • An issue relating to auto-defend, causing players to be guard-whacked when attacked has been fixed.
  • Corrected font on some trap related messages
  • Classic Hair Change Deed now supports a "Bun" for females.
  • Armor was not saving the "Lord" title of the crafter, it now will.
  • Issues with logging out at an inn, or at a house if red, should be eased. Occasionally previous combatants were being counted even though the combat had expired.
  • The ability to teleport "through" a keeps outer wall has been fixed.
  • Locked down house contents which become consumed without being released will no longer count against your lockdown count until shard restart. The house will recalculate it's lockdowns periodically.
  • Fix for a house placement crash which occurred twice last week
Additions and fixes since patch, added 3/22:
  • Mass Curse can now cause spell interruption
  • You will turn and face your target when casting both Reactive Armor and Protection as you should
  • You must say exactly "i resign from my guild" and nothing more to leave a guild, this should help with accidental removals
  • Magic Reflection charges will consume at one per five seconds (20 ticks) when the item is worn.
  • Taking off an item of Magic Reflection will remove the reflective effect.
Additions and fixes since patch, added 3/25:
  • Protection enchantment gives a parry skill bonus
  • Regions and spawns on North Jhelom Island have been corrected/adjusted
Last edited by Derrick on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: additions
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 127: March 19, 2010 - Magic Items, Core Timer, bugs

Post by chumbucket »

Great changes!

Downs

Post by Downs »

sweet patch

Not arguing this, just curious: No more magic heater shields?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

gzuf

Post by gzuf »

chumbucket wrote:Great changes!
Agreed.

The only thing I was wondering about was why those two shields are no longer going to spawn as magic items?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Derrick wrote:
  • Ghouls touch weapons were not paralyzing if the target resisted. This has been corrected to apply 1/2 duration if resisted.
  • The ability to teleport "through" a keeps outer wall has been fixed.
thank god.. :roll:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Downs wrote:sweet patch

Not arguing this, just curious: No more magic heater shields?
This info came from this post: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 85#p137885

There's been nothing posted to the contrary. This is one of those best guess changes.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
  • Ring of invisibility can now be used by double clicking it.
Hey nice work on a HUGE update!

I don't recall this about invisibility one way or another but I do know this was the case for Teleport rings. Someone found an in-era source for this a couple weeks ago.

And yeah, I'd start collecting magic heaters if you're into that :-)

EDIT: here's the link: http://web.archive.org/web/200101100615 ... ant4.shtml it's mentioned down near the bottom
Last edited by Mikel123 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Downs

Post by Downs »

the shield effects me in no way, just one of those "i didn't realize that" things. Kinda like d-clicking the iron maiden hurts u.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Thanks Derrick
-cr3w-

Layt

Post by Layt »

Derrick wrote: [*]Beneficial Charges on clothing, jewelry and other worn items now last 50 seconds.
What was it previously?
Derrick wrote: [*]The number of charges on existing items effected by this was increased to compensate for this reduction.
Linearly or exponentially? (2 becomes 3, 3 becomes 4? or 2 becomes 4, 3 becomes 9?)
Derrick wrote: [*]Bronze Shields, and Heater Shields will no longer appear as magic items.
Does this mean magic heater shields will no longer drop? Or were regular heaters being identified as magic in some regard?
Derrick wrote: [*]Issues with logging out at an inn, or at a house if red, should be eased. Occasionally previous combatants were being counted even though the combat had expired.
I was sure this last implementation was buggy. It was a PAIN IN THE ASS to log out reds soemtimes. Hope this eases that.
Derrick wrote: [*]The ability to teleport "through" a keeps outer wall has been fixed.
WTF I moved out of my keep literally 2 days ago! (But I have the feeling I'm partially responsible for this finally getting fixed)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Beneficial charges previously lasted two minutes, now 50 seconds. 120/50 = 2.40 New charges=old charges * 2.4, or increase of 140%

Magic heater shield will no longer drop, no effect on existing items.

Many players deserve credit for identifying these issues and finding these bugs. Thanks to everyone who's participated in the development process.

This patch didn't address every that I'd hope to address by now, but it did take care of some big issues that have been pending for a long while.

Krats

Post by Krats »

Derrick wrote:
  • Loot tables have been reworked for clothing and jewelry. Some rarer enchantment types may now be more common.
Does this include MIB Chest?
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Krats wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Does this include MIB Chest?
It includes all drops. The mdifications were made in the routine that assigns a random enchantment and charges to jewelry, now based on OSI percentages.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

[*]The number of charges on existing items effected by this was increased to compensate for this reduction.

am i correct in assuming the only items that have had charges increased are stat increase items (blessing, strength, agility, cunning) and protection/nightsight?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

marmalade wrote:[*]The number of charges on existing items effected by this was increased to compensate for this reduction.

am i correct in assuming the only items that have had charges increased are stat increase items (blessing, strength, agility, cunning) and protection/nightsight?
All those except nightsight (since those charges actually last longer now), and invis got the bump too. Magic reflect did not get a bump, since those charges to not expire if you take the item off.