Great server

Topics related to Second Age
Horvik

Great server

Post by Horvik »

So i been here for over a month now. And i am having fun for the first time in uo in like 5 years. I used to play on free sphere servers back in 2001. It was kinda custom server with alot of custom stuff but still pvp rules where quite similar to t2a. I was so addicted to that server that i spend 8 hours a day playing uo for over 2 years. But i never expirienced real t2a era. I started playing on osi 2004 think it was at the end of LBR era. It was fun there was still pvp even thoe tramel existed. Than came AOS and after a month all pvp died and entire feluca turned in to ghost lands cause mages where able to insta cast 7 spells with faster casting jewelery. I remember going trough moongate to pvp in to felucia and a mage bursted 5 cor pors on me at once and i was dead. Not long after that i quited osi uo. I tried several times playing on some sphere servers but they where all dead and changed badly. I even tried osi for 5 months last year to see all the new samurai empire and mondains legacy changes but it got boring. Britain was a ghost town. Everyone was hanging in luna and i rented a vendor from a guy in luna that made me 1 million gold a week. It felt more like playing the sims than uo. I was sure uo was dead for me so i bought xbox 360, LCD TV and bounch of games. And than i found this server and am playing t2a era server for the first time and the longer i play the more fun it gets. I havent touched my xbox 360 in last 3 weeks cause i am playing uo. I even invited some of my younger friends that never expirienced uo and they are getting hooked to it to.

Now that i introduced my self i have some questions about the shard.
How do i raise hiding from 99.0-100.0 macroed all night and no gains and no its not locked and i have other skills turned down so it should raise. Dont worry i am not thief, i like having hiding with a dexer.
Is there a way to move your vendor once he is placed?
Can your secure chest be looted in any way?
Allso how does eating food/hunger system work here? Is it just placebo or does it do anything to skill gains and skill success?

Van Raily

Re: Great server

Post by Van Raily »

Welcome to T2A, mate.

I'm not sure on vendors and things, as I only started using them within the last six months, and that was on an OSI shard. However, I think this link might give you some ideas (this is from Stratics, but it looks like it's an old list of commands, many of which are outdated or no longer necessary).

As for secure chests, the only way to loot them is to be friended/co-owned to the building, so be wary of who you friend to your home.

I think Hiding is just a skill that takes awhile, but if it's difficulty based, try macroing in crowded areas like banks. It might help.

As for food, it helps with stamina and health regeneration, I believe (and if you're to believe the 1999-era superstitions, with skill gain as well!).
Gone to greener pastures.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Horvik wrote:
How do i raise hiding from 99.0-100.0 macroed all night and no gains and no its not locked and i have other skills turned down so it should raise.

Allso how does eating food/hunger system work here? Is it just placebo or does it do anything to skill gains and skill success?
First off welcome to the shard! I have to say its the best free shard out there, (Havent been on any others and have no desire to try em either) :)

Hiding is just slow towards the higher ends, be patient, dbl check that you have skill pts available and something facing dow.

Once a vendor is placed you have to say dismiss but that will get rid of the vendor so you have to go buy a new one.

secure chests can only be opened by owner/co-owner/friends

Eating just replenishes your stamina/dex, has no affect on skill gain.
Last edited by Kryptonical on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

How do i raise hiding from 99.0-100.0 macroed all night and no gains and no its not locked and i have other skills turned down so it should raise. Dont worry i am not thief, i like having hiding with a dexer.

If you are sure your arrows are set, you have room to gain, then you might want to try macroing hiding near a player or npc (town criers work). The gains are based on proximity to humans.

No, dismiss it and place another.

Only by a friend of the house.

Mostly placebo, it does not effect gains.
But it does give you a little bit of stamina on each "eat" and the "fuller" you are the more stamina you gain back naturally over time from what I understand.

Welcome to the shard, it's good to see people enjoying the game for how (i feel) it should be played.

FatherTime

Post by FatherTime »

Ok, good advice for this guy minus the fact your all wrong about not being able to move vendors. If you want to move a vendor just go to your vendor and say their name and replace and it will redeed in your pack

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

FatherTime wrote:Ok, good advice for this guy minus the fact your all wrong about not being able to move vendors. If you want to move a vendor just go to your vendor and say their name and replace and it will redeed in your pack
Try again FatherTime.

I believe this thread will show, that you can not replace a vendor.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... ce#p133466

Unless, this is not in effect yet.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

welcome to the shard good sir.

Horvik

Post by Horvik »

Well i try hiding near npcs than. I was macroing in my house, that might be the fault.
The vendor thing, well i guess i have to wait untill he sells out some stuff, i stocked it with over 100 items. But its not souch huge problem if secure chests cant be looted. I just have one real life friend friended to the house.

Too bad if food doesnt help with skillgains and such. Cause i made a fisherman 2 days ago and stocked another vendor with about 2000 fishstakes. But i guess it will sell anyway. Just have to promote my vendors a bit more.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yeah, houses, especially one you own or are friends in, will reduce the difficulty of hiding, thus reducing your gain.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

I didn't even think you could gain hiding in houses.
Gone to greener pastures.

Horvik

Post by Horvik »

Probably cant. I am hiding now on top of town crier for last 2 hours and i got 99.2 now.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

FatherTime wrote:Ok, good advice for this guy minus the fact your all wrong about not being able to move vendors. If you want to move a vendor just go to your vendor and say their name and replace and it will redeed in your pack
I have done this, several times. Try it out Matron!
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Horvik

Post by Horvik »

I allredy knew you could redeed a vendor. I was wonering if there was a way to move him cause he was standing in the doorway and had like 100 items stocked. I will redeed him when he sells out some stuff so i dont have to restock everything.