Music/Provaction Tip

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
stygia

Music/Provaction Tip

Post by stygia »

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not but I started macroing a bard. 90 musicianship 0 provocation. I gmed musicianship while provocation was at 55. I'm sure you could start as low as 85 and have it done before prov. Again, i'm not sure if anyone knows but it helps.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Music/Provaction Tip

Post by MatronDeWinter »

because music essentially has no delay, and provocation does. You can macro both at the same time regardless of skill. For instance

Use Lute
Useskill:Prov
Target thing
Target self
repeat.

Only thing to note, is that provocation has a higher chance of gaining at a higher music skill, but doing one before the other does not matter, time wise.

macil22

Re: Music/Provaction Tip

Post by macil22 »

i just did music/provo on my second character, started with 0 music, 50 provoke. I started working up both skills right away and even if provoke goes up slow at low music skill it is still worth using it because it goes up slow in general anyways.

Use the provoke skill and if it is a success run a loop to play your instrument 20 times ever half second, if it fails run a loop to play the instrument 10 times every half second.

I GM'd music in a few hours i think, provoke took a few days of macroing. No need to wait for music though.

Return to “Guides”