Reputation FAQ: Guards and Town (From Stratics)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Derrick

Reputation FAQ: Guards and Town (From Stratics)

Post by Derrick »

http://web.archive.org/web/199910130013 ... index.html

Hopefully this will clear up some of the questions about calling the guards in town:
Stratics - 1998 wrote: Are the teleporting, insta-kill guards still around?
  • Yes
How does guard summoning work?
  • The whole system is a lot simpler, and makes more sense now.
  • Either the location of the crime (location of the victim in most cases), or the Criminal must be in a justice region in order for guards to be called at all.
  • The caller must be in earshot of the Criminal.
  • The caller must be in a justice region.
What actions will summon guards in town?
  • Any action that flags a character as a Criminal. The guards must be called within 15 seconds after the crime is committed. Note that NPCs can call guards so sometimes it may seem that no one witnessed your crime but there is probably an NPC nearby.
What characters are restricted from town access?
  • Only Murderers are killed on sight by the guards. Guards can also be called to kill Murderers in town. If your Karma has dropped to the bottom row of the Reputation table (see Reputation section) you will be able to enter town; however, shopkeepers will not trade with you (bank access is still allowed).
Can I attack other characters in town?
  • Any non-Innocent can be attacked in town without guard intervention. When attacked, characters are allowed to defend themselves against anyone who is flagged as an Aggressor to them.
  • Innocents can also be attacked in town but doing so will flag you as a Criminal (meaning guards can be called) and an Aggressor (to the Innocent). If the Innocent dies you can be reported as a Murderer.

What types of attacks will work in town?
  • All types of attacks work in town except for spells. Damage from spells is reduced to 0. Note that poison attacks from summoned creatures like Blade Spirits will still work resulting in a Criminal flag for the caster and the possiblity of becoming a Murderer if an Innocent dies after being poisoned.
  • At the Sunday, June 28 1998 Player's Lunch, Rich Vogel, UO Producer, announced that he was against making spells work in town. (And he plays a GM pure mage). Although this is still up for debate, it sounds like the Design Team is leaning towards not allowing spells to work in town.

What can I do if I'm an Innocent and someone kills me in a one shot attack?
  • Ghosts can call guards.

niqeo

Re: Reputation FAQ: Guards and Town (From Stratics)

Post by niqeo »

TY DERRICK!!! This will hopefully clear this up for the players that were not sure ( my buddy new to uo). Thanks again for the hard work you do :D
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

alatar

Post by alatar »

1: Dread status currently allows for merchant buying/selling. It should not.
2: Does calling guards as a ghost work here?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:1: Dread status currently allows for merchant buying/selling. It should not.
2: Does calling guards as a ghost work here?
1: Yeah that's something I still need to do
2: Yes it does

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Here's some info I just dredged up on the UO Updates site on reputation:
http://update.uo.com/repfaq/
Mirrored here:
http://www.uosecondage.com/misc/update.uo.com/repfaq/

DFresh

Post by DFresh »

Ghosts should never be able to call guards if that a precasted exploition that is casted and delayed till you run in town you should be able to call guards.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

DFresh wrote:Ghosts should never be able to call guards if that a precasted exploition that is casted and delayed till you run in town you should be able to call guards.
"Ghosts can call guards" is actually in the T2A manual IIRC. Either that or I just recall from reading it on stratics years ago.

And it's wrong. I tried to do it on OSI servers during and after T2A (using this as a reference), it never worked.

The problem with stratics and the manual as a resource is that there is some stuff in there that was either correct at a specific point in time... or there was just some real dipshit writing it.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

BlackLeaf

Post by BlackLeaf »

can guards be called trough a wall?
are there the npcs that summons the guards on you trough a wall?
"The single most important PVP spell,however,is Recall."
-T2A official strategy guide

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

BlackLeaf wrote:can guards be called trough a wall?
yes

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
BlackLeaf wrote:can guards be called trough a wall?
yes
No, you need line of sight to call guards.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Return to “Guides”