Stealing / Pack horse macro

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
iamreallysquall

Stealing / Pack horse macro

Post by iamreallysquall »

This macro is for refrence purposes if you have problems using it shoot me a msg in irc (lelouche) generaly this macro steals randomly from the pack horse by type (several pouches on him, put several as to lower the chances of stealing the same one (or using diffrent weights if i know im going to be gone for awhile in the higher numbers to make sure i have 9 stone pouch if im on 8 stones worth of stealing basicaly it drags and drops the item by type back to the horses location (you probully have to retarget the location ) you may need to insert a pause also if you expereince lag between the drag / drop and the restealing atempt ( this macro will only drag and drop once you steal one ) create a new macro name it whatever open the file (in note /wordpad / whatever you use)and paste the info into the blank document save it right click in razor and reload the macro and it should show up
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|33
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|291
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|successfully steal
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|3705|1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x1507C|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

*****tell your pack horse "all guard me"********* if its saying your catching your self redhanded etc
it should be green to you or whatever

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stealing / Pack horse macro

Post by Hicha »

iamreallysquall wrote:*****tell your pack horse "all guard me"********* if its saying your catching your self redhanded etc
it should be green to you or whatever
Doing this will flag your packhorse gray; if you aren't locked away in a house and out in public you're basically asking to get griefed.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

grimsk

Post by grimsk »

My Macro is a bit more complicated but it's work perfectly fine anyway .
You need to purchase a Bag , a pack Mount (lama or horse) and empty potion bottle (5 for 50-60 , 6 for 60-70 etc)

Now for your pack to turn gray you have to say ALL GUARDS and target yourself . You can macro this on a stable , in case your pack decide to run away.

UseSkill Stealing
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (The Bag)
if system Message *You fail*
Wait 10.00 seconds
End If
Else
if sys message *Successfully*
Pause .50 seconds (Sometime you have lag and you want it to get the message)
Lift Bag (bag in your bag)
Pause .70 seconds (You might get lag and you don't want to idle for 1 minutes)
Drop bag (Into the Pack mount)
Pause .50 second (see above)
Useskill stealing
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (The bag)
POause 10.00 Sec
End if

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075447722|100|111|0|3702
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|fail
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|successfully
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1075447722|1|3702
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.7000000
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x401A19B0|(110, 121, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075447722|100|111|0|3702

cykik

Post by cykik »

Tired of ppl killing your grey pack horse? This stopped it for me. Its only grey for .75 of a sec. No one has had the balls to kill it.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|5|48|7|22|177|153|all guard me
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|3705
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.2500000
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|5|48|232|22|49|108|all follow me
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|16|7|guards!
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05.5000000
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1078662314|1|3705
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x405FBD73|(84, 109, 0)|0

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Can you GM stealing from stealing from a pack horse?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Lazarus wrote:Can you GM stealing from stealing from a pack horse?
Yes.

You can also create your macros to automatically adjust the pack as you gain stealing:

Steal macro here
pause
if sysmessage (60)
Drop another bottle into pack
end if
if sysmessage (70)
end if

I was able to afk macro stealing from 30 to GM.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

hiicha wrote:
Yes.

You can also create your macros to automatically adjust the pack as you gain stealing:

Steal macro here
pause
if sysmessage (60)
end if
if sysmessage (70)
end if

Thats awesome.

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

1 stone for every 10 skill points right? 'cause everyone says "put 5 empty bottles in a bag if you have 50 stealing." but 5 bottles + bag weighs 7 stones. so currently, with 50 skill, i'm using 3 bottles, those make 5 stones with bag.

Hek

Post by Hek »

I seem to get a "you must be in the thieves guild" message 2 out of 3 tries even though the packhorse is gray from "all guard me". It always work when i do it manually but this happens when i macro it with Razor..anyone?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Hek wrote:I seem to get a "you must be in the thieves guild" message 2 out of 3 tries even though the packhorse is gray from "all guard me". It always work when i do it manually but this happens when i macro it with Razor..anyone?
You get that message when you try to steal something from your own pack, while not in the theives guild.

So I'm guessing you're targetting by type, and you have more than 1 of the item lying around (perhaps another in your pack). You can fix this by using absolute target, or getting rid of the items of same type. There's no real reason to use target/lift by type in this macro.

Either that or your macro is fudged up entirely and it's not transferring the item to the pack horse.
Hicha wrote:
Yes.

Steal macro here
pause
if sysmessage (60)
end if
if sysmessage (70)
end if

That's a good idea; I assume the sysmessage refers to skill gain messsages. Do you have to set skill gain to only pop up every 10 tenths?
Last edited by nightshark on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mr BoJangles

Post by Mr BoJangles »

Got a few questions of my own. I've never played a thief and thus I'm a bit noob in regards towards the mechanics behind stealing. Some of my claims may not be accurate so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong where needed. But here goes...

1) Wearing armor effects your ability to steal unnoticed (assuming it's because of the dex drop?). Does this increase the difficulty in the skill check? If so, how much armor would be beneficial? I'm assuming the ideal armor level would be somewhat similar to another dex based skill like snooping?

2) On a similar note, i know that having players in your proximity increases your chance to be noticed while in the act of stealing. Again, does this increase the difficulty in the skill check? Would it be better to train in an area loaded with players (assuming you have a method to stop yourself from being harassed) as opposed to a house in the middle of nowhere?

3) Is it better to steal different items versus the same item over and over?
IE) should i have multiple bags on my packhorse with the correct weights versus only one bag?

4) You're advised to steal things that weigh [(skill level) / 10] stones. When is it best to add the extra stone?
IE) Say i have 40 skill and load my pack animal with bags full of items accumulating to 4 stones in weight each. When should i add the 5th stone to the bag to maximize gains? Exactly when i hit 50? Or might it be better to round up and add the extra stone at 45?

The answers to some of these questions might be entirely theoretical. Just a few questions that came out of that blank space between my ears while i was on the journey to becoming a GM annoyance.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mr BoJangles wrote:Got a few questions of my own. I've never played a thief and thus I'm a bit noob in regards towards the mechanics behind stealing. Some of my claims may not be accurate so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong where needed. But here goes...

1) Wearing armor effects your ability to steal unnoticed (assuming it's because of the dex drop?). Does this increase the difficulty in the skill check? If so, how much armor would be beneficial? I'm assuming the ideal armor level would be somewhat similar to another dex based skill like snooping?

2) On a similar note, i know that having players in your proximity increases your chance to be noticed while in the act of stealing. Again, does this increase the difficulty in the skill check? Would it be better to train in an area loaded with players (assuming you have a method to stop yourself from being harassed) as opposed to a house in the middle of nowhere?
I'm pretty sure that (1) only affects your ability to steal un-noticed, and (2) for sure. This would not decrease your chance of actually stealing the item, and wouldn't affect the skill success chance.
3) Is it better to steal different items versus the same item over and over?
IE) should i have multiple bags on my packhorse with the correct weights versus only one bag?

4) You're advised to steal things that weigh [(skill level) / 10] stones. When is it best to add the extra stone?
IE) Say i have 40 skill and load my pack animal with bags full of items accumulating to 4 stones in weight each. When should i add the 5th stone to the bag to maximize gains? Exactly when i hit 50? Or might it be better to round up and add the extra stone at 45?
Regarding 3 - no. There were no anti-macro systems in place during T2A, and there aren't here.

4, I actually stole something like 3 stones at 50 skill, 4 stones at 60, etc... just leave the macro running for a while and see how your gains are going. The speed of skill gain is VERY noticable with stealing because it gains pretty fast when you're in the "sweet spot" of weight". I found stealing max weight was terrible for gains and 2 stones below max weight was the best for gains. However in the upper levels you MUST steal 9 stones to gain. It's been a long time since I GMed my thief and probably the best people to comment would be matron or chumbucket, who have about 30 GM thieves between them.

Stealing was a rather easy GM IMO, I can't remember it being awfully slow or difficult to work out, and I didn't consult any guides.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Kelthius

Post by Kelthius »

Okay I'm a noob at this... Whenever I steal the bag it ends up in a random place in my bag. Will my lift sequence target the bag even if its in a different part of my bag then before?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Kelthius wrote:Okay I'm a noob at this... Whenever I steal the bag it ends up in a random place in my bag. Will my lift sequence target the bag even if its in a different part of my bag then before?
yes

zole

Post by zole »

First post, hi all.

Just started on TSA and liking it so far.

The stealing macro im using is:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1080385650|97|108|0|3701
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you must
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1080385650|1|3701
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x406506D3|(102, 94, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you fail
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you successfully
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1080385650|1|3701
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x406506D3|(102, 94, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|60
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1080516023|1|3854
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x40656072|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|70
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|80
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|90

Which is using bottles and packs. Starting from 50. I haven't tested the bottle dropping at 60/70 etc but assuming it works it works nicely.

If for some reason you end up trying to steal from your pack, (world save, lag w/ever) then it drops the pack back into your packhorse.

For those new to Razor you would have to retarget stuff for your own setup but it's pretty simple and sets you up nicely for going unattended. Because nothings worse than going to bed and waking only to see you've been trying to steal from yourself for 8 hours. Apart from aids.