Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Information on the latest Server Patches
Aule
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Post by Aule »

just finished fishing for 3 hours with my GM fisherman, fishing basically once every ~11 seconds... 1 mib 0 tmaps. and pk'ed once by pirates :D. has seemed like pretty much a waste of time.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Yeah i fished for 4 hours tonight. Got 2 mibs, first one didn't land till 2 hours in then i get second 3 1/2 hours in. Also got 1 tmap. I fished up both chests one was lvl 3 and one was lvl 1. Both had all junk. When i was fishing months ago i was getting atleast 1 power or vanq from a lvl 3 chest. Now for the passed i dunno 10 or so chests i have only gotten a crappy force maul. Something isn't right.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Aule wrote:just finished fishing for 3 hours with my GM fisherman, fishing basically once every ~11 seconds... 1 mib 0 tmaps. and pk'ed once by pirates :D. has seemed like pretty much a waste of time.
Damn Pirates!!!!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Rammar wrote:We can't do that without in game trial.
MatronDeWinter wrote:I don't think anything should be changing based on an in-game trial, conducted by a player.
There is literally no point in performing an in-game trial because we are not trying to determine the rates. The drop (well pull) rates are already set by the server, and let's face it, the math isnt going to lie to you. If the code implies that you have a 25% chance to fish up an MIB, guess what, you have a 25% chance. You could perform an infinite number of in-game trials, with an infinite sample size in each, and still never come up with the exact number (25) due to randomness.

I simply meant that you should focus your efforts on finding the rates, so that the proper, accurate one, can be set to the server.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Matron, is right.

My only concern with the change is the basis that it was changed or fixed from that being the article that states a rate of 1 per hour on average. Now it isn't that hard at all to take the exact time and delays involved with fishing to come up with a percentile rate that would be one per hour. For example, let's say there are a possible 12 casts with in a minute. This would be based on a fishing delay of every 5 seconds(i don't know the real delay at all and using this merely as an example). This would be a total of 720 casts an hour. Divide 1 into that and you have roughly a rate of 0.1% chance to pull up a mib under perfect conditions. However, fishing is much faster than 5 seconds if I am not mistaken making it lower and much harder to pull one up under those perfect conditions.

Perfect conditions isn't something that is suitable here though since we all know that it wasn't possible under any circumstances back in the day on Ultima Online. We must take other issues into consideration such as lag, third party utilities that were used, and obviously in between boat movements to get to a new spawn pool for fresh fishing. This could prove to be a significant difference to the rate of one per hour when considering not so perfect conditions.

This is just something to think about here.

Brules

Post by Brules »

The main issue is this was ninja nerf / patched, no one still has adressed the false claim of "5 mib's per hour", which I might add, no one has reported seeing/experiencing.

If you all were going to jack with timers/rates for PvP, it is discussed to death and tested out the ying yang. Yet Derrick slips this ninja patch in and ruins fishing without so much as a "hey give this a try".

I just started fishing at 8:30am with my 3 gm's, will report just how bad the nerf is as I go along. I run slow back fishing a spread pattern (1 guy fishes 5 tiles left, one fishes 5 tiles right, 3rd guy fishes 5 tiles north) with a 10 second delay.

Hour 1: 8:36am to 9:36am
5 Sea Serps - 3 Water Eles
F1: 0 Mib / 0 Tmap
F2: 0 Mib / 0 Tmap
F3: 2 Mib / 1 Tmap

Hour 2: 9:36am to 10:36am
3 Sea Serps - 2 Water Eles
F2: 1 Mib / 2 Tmap
F3: 2 Mib / 1 Tmap

Hour 3: 10:36am to
0 Sea Serps - 2 Water Eles - 1 Deep Sea Serp
F2: 0 Mib / 1 Tmap
F3: 0 Mib / 0 Tmap

Nice - 4 serps in 30 minutes - Is the serpent spawn rate is "era accurate"? Or did you just pull a number out of the air?

Also why never ANY deep sea serpents???????
Last edited by Brules on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Brules wrote:I just started fishing at 8:30am with my 3 gm's, will report just how bad the nerf is as I go along. I run slow back fishing a spread pattern (1 guy fishes 5 tiles left, one fishes 5 tiles right, 3rd guy fishes 5 tiles north) with a 10 second delay.
Thanks for providing these statstics, look forward to seeing your results.
Besed on statistics recieved from other fishman we are very close to 1/hr. I hope your results provide further verification of this.

You might get a little bit of a boost by changing your macro delay to 9 instead of 10.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Brules

Post by Brules »

Fished for 3 hours today, results above. In no way does it even look close to 1/ hour. I have 5 MIB's from 3 hours of 3 GM's fishing with 9 second delays.

I am 4 short, and the Tmap pulls are just as bad.

I declare fishing officially NERFED. :evil:

Severity

Post by Severity »

It really stinks that fishing was so fun and worthwhile on OSI during T2A and now seems to be pretty much rendered useless here. It seems like this patch was put in place to nerf fishing rather than to make it era accurate, and if it's 1 MIB an hour which no really had complaints about, 5 hours of fishing should get you about 5 mibs and several maps. I personally only had 1 account and 1 fisherman on OSI. I would generally pull somewhere around 1 MiB an hour. I never had 3 accounts or three GM fisherman so I see how it's different here but this feels a hell of a lot more like a loot table tweak then an era accurate change. That may be why it was never mentioned in the patch notes and I think you can tell from the response it's not correct, or even back to the way it was before the drop rate was "accidentally" increased. Can we just go back to fishing up serpents and having fishing nets if it's going to stay this way?

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I think the pk's started complaining on too many people fishing instead of farming dungeons.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Gunslinger wrote:I think the pk's started complaining on too many people fishing instead of farming dungeons.
rofl
Derrick wrote:
Brules wrote:I just started fishing at 8:30am with my 3 gm's, will report just how bad the nerf is as I go along. I run slow back fishing a spread pattern (1 guy fishes 5 tiles left, one fishes 5 tiles right, 3rd guy fishes 5 tiles north) with a 10 second delay.
Besed on statistics recieved from other fishman we are very close to 1/hr. I hope your results provide further verification of this.

You might get a little bit of a boost by changing your macro delay to 9 instead of 10.
cant you use 8. something seconds ? to cast endlessly?(if you dont lag?) minus movement of the boat?
also i did another 2 hours about of fishing before server down got 1 mib 1 map i made more money looting a boat 1 screen away from mine and getting 3 mibs 3 tmaps +1 k then i did in the 2 hours
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Brules

Post by Brules »

Gunslinger wrote:I think the pk's started complaining on too many people fishing instead of farming dungeons.
Well we all know that this shard caters to the PK's so I wouldnt be suprised......

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

iamreallysquall wrote:
rofl
Derrick wrote:

cant you use 8. something seconds ? to cast endlessly?(if you dont lag?) minus movement of the boat?
also i did another 2 hours about of fishing before server down got 1 mib 1 map i made more money looting a boat 1 screen away from mine and getting 3 mibs 3 tmaps +1 k then i did in the 2 hours
If you just do
Fish
Wait for target (timeout 1)
Relative (or w/e)
blah...

It will just sit there and loop beterrn fish and wait for target until it gets a target. Then you wont even have to set a time.

akumaizer
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by akumaizer »

Derrick wrote: It's pretty common knowledge, in addition to my own experiance that it was about one an hour on average. Here's the stratics guide:
http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/fishing.shtml wrote: Congratulations, you're a Grandmaster Fisherman now! All who have come before you are pleased to see that our wisdom has been passed onto the next generation. Ok, if you haven't gotten any yet, the cream of the crop of all treasures lies at the end of you fishing line: SoS bottles. If you don't have one, guess what…time for more fishing!! It usually works out to about 1 SoS every hour, if you fish for an hour nonstop. It comes out to something like 250 casts.
I'm curious. If we're going by this guide, should it be 1 MIB every hour, or 1 MIB for roughly every 250 casts? They were one in the same then. We don't adjust other things because we do it more efficiently now than what was done on OSI do we? I mean, people farm gold far more efficiently nowadays but we are not adjusting the monster loot so they can only farm so much per hour.

Regardless of that, here is my post patch fishing info so far. My lone GM fisherman casts about 360-370 casts per hour by my calculations.

Hour 1 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 2 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 3 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 4 - 2 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 5 - 1 MIBs, 1 T-Maps
Hour 6 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps

Like many others have expressed, this has been very disappointing. I feel that my favorite toon has been pretty much rendered useless. Also, has the treasure maps fished up been addressed? I have no idea what the rate "should be" but it relatively speaking it has dropped much more than the MIB rate before patch.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

akumaizer wrote: Regardless of that, here is my post patch fishing info so far. My lone GM fisherman casts about 360-370 casts per hour by my calculations.

Hour 1 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 2 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 3 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 4 - 2 MIBs, 0 T-Maps
Hour 5 - 1 MIBs, 1 T-Maps
Hour 6 - 0 MIBs, 0 T-Maps

Like many others have expressed, this has been very disappointing. I feel that my favorite toon has been pretty much rendered useless. Also, has the treasure maps fished up been addressed? I have no idea what the rate "should be" but it relatively speaking it has dropped much more than the MIB rate before patch.
We are continuing to work on this. The original patch was undoubtedly a major fail. There is going to be a lot of deviance in the results, and i suspect that people who are pulling expected MiB's and maps are not posting as often as those who are; in any case we've been adjusting this throughout the week and will continue to until it's right. The goal is one per hour on average.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “Patch Notes”