Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Information on the latest Server Patches
Direwolf

Re: Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Post by Direwolf »

I don't think one per hour is era accurate, seemed to be a lot more back then. One per hour now is not even worth the effort, you can go hunt and make a lot more in that amount of time with another character.

Raiko98
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Raiko98 »

Direwolf wrote:I don't think one per hour is era accurate, seemed to be a lot more back then. One per hour now is not even worth the effort, you can go hunt and make a lot more in that amount of time with another character.

Its not even close to 1 per hour now, fishing is a wasted and useless skill now. I have been fishing all night long, started around 8pm and just gave up 2 min ago, with almost 6 hours invested I would expect according to those who nerfed this skill that I would have 5-6 mibs. Sadly I have 0 mibs and 1 T-map, honestly your right, I can make a lot more money on my bard, but I love fishing up Mibs and now I cant even get 1 in a 6 hour period. I guess we can look at the bright side the 1 or 2 fisherman who still go out in the seas have a few extra sea serps and water eles. What do you expect though, fishing isnt pvp so it doesnt have to be era accurate, and its not because its worthless and a complete waste of time now. Thanks for making my fisherman useless.

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

5 hours 1 mib 2 t maps Wow that sure was worth my time.
Not going to say or ask for it to be fixed I am sure no one gives a damn.

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

Raiko98
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Raiko98 »

Daelan wrote:5 hours 1 mib 2 t maps Wow that sure was worth my time.
Not going to say or ask for it to be fixed I am sure no one gives a damn.

Your absolutely right, it wont be fixed because its not a big enough deal. Meaning there isnt a large community of fisherman, fishing isnt pvp, this is a pvp shard plain and simple its geared toward pvp and fishing doesnt fall into that category. You got lucky and pulled 1 mib, I however wasnt so lucky. It was already said in this thread that people who use fishing as a skill are ranting like children, my assumption is providing data proving that the skill was terribly nerfed are considered childish. Truth is we have every reason to rant, if a hally mage logged in and found that insta hit was all out of wack they would rant and rant and rant and then quit. I guess there really is nothing more to say other than its obvious that fisherman arent considered to be valued players.

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

really makes me want to quit playing this "broken" shard, just delete your fisherman, unless you like fish steaks in the 10's of thousands and no MIB's

akumaizer
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by akumaizer »

First of all, I do agree with some of the posts in this thread. A lot of comments here are not constructive and acting as if the staff has intentionally "screwed you over" is out of line and unproductive.

I fished for the first time in a few weeks last night. After this patch I was one of the many commenting on how the rate was way too low. Derrick adjusted and supposedly it had been fixed. Being that fishing is very time consuming I figured I would wait it out and hope everything was smoothed over. Well I fished for three hours last night and got 0 MIBs. After reading the last few posts, while I don't agree with their tone, I might be inclined to agree that this is a completely useless skill now. It really is too bad. I guess I will take another break from it and see what happens.

http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/fishing.shtml wrote: Congratulations, you're a Grandmaster Fisherman now! All who have come before you are pleased to see that our wisdom has been passed onto the next generation. Ok, if you haven't gotten any yet, the cream of the crop of all treasures lies at the end of you fishing line: SoS bottles. If you don't have one, guess what…time for more fishing!! It usually works out to about 1 SoS every hour, if you fish for an hour nonstop. It comes out to something like 250 casts.
I still think if we are using stratics as a guide (obviously it is not the only factor, but), wouldn't following it be roughly 1 per every 250 casts? Lack of lag and help of razor has made it so we cast more than that per hour now and it seems reasonable that with better "farming" techniques, for lack of a better term, so should the rewards be better. We don't lower loot on spawns because 12 years ago you couldn't realistically pull in more than xx amount per hour. That being said, this is sadly not going to happen given the stance so far. I would just be happy to be actually getting one per hour.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The MiB rate has been what is was pre-patch since a week ago last Saturday. If you're not getting an MiB an hour it's bad luck and nothing else.

The map rate was adjusted in that you get less treasure maps at low skill, but the same number at GM; either way there are plenty of fishers out there. While many players find fishing a waste of their time, that's not a bad thing at all. If we had every player on the shard running a fisher while they played another character the impact to our economy would be severe. We will reserve the right to protect the economy by adjusting spawn rates, just as we have done with dungeons.

The fact is, all changes to the MiB pull rate were reverted almost two weeks ago, and I'm no statistician but the chances of getting none in three hours on a 1/hr rate is about the same as getting three in one hour, which I'm sure you'll find happens as well.

Be sure that you were in deep water btw.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Before someones skull explodes, heres a correction:
Derrick wrote:The map rate was adjusted in that you get fewer maps at low skill, but the same number at GM.

Raiko98
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Raiko98 »

I have had minimal luck at best today and it is clear that contrary to the posts of others in support of the patch and pull rate that it is no where near 1 per hour and is most definitely not anywhere close to pre-patch. I have been fishing since 11am central time and I have pulled 2 mibs and 4 maps. 6 hours of fishing should equate to around 5-6 mibs, as you can see 2 mibs is not close to what those who are in support of this patch believe to be era accurate pull rates.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

As I've stated, there will be no further changes to this as all changes on MiB's have been reverted, and the change to map pulls is minimal.

Leaving this thread open for people to post what a poor day of fishing they had serves no purpose, I'm closing it.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “Patch Notes”