School And UO/IRC

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

School And UO/IRC

Post by Kryptonical »

Hey guys, looks like recently my school has changed a few rules in regards to what ports are open, etc. I used to be able to use the school wifi for irc and uo. Recently I have not been able to connect to either, mirc just says:

[16:04] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
[16:04] * Connect retry #5 irc.wildirc.net (6667) (dns pool)

and razor loads up but the second I put my user name pass into the client it just stays at "Connecting"

Any thoughts? any way to utilize some sorta proxy to either of these issues? at least if I could irc troll it would be better than nothing :P

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: School And UO/IRC

Post by Kryptonical »

Just as an fyi with more info, I was on the IRC (through uosecondage.com) on a school computer this morning. This afternoon when I tried to use the IRC (through uosecondage.com) on my laptop I get this:

[16:08:09] Security error! Make sure you have port 843 open (firewall). If you are the server administrator, read www.lightirc.com/faq.html#security for information. This is most likely a server problem. You tried to connect to flash.wildirc.net:6667

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

nobody?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Google "IRC Proxy"

You'll have to find a way to bypass the port or ip firewall :/

Also, maybe, try the Java Client, also linked on our homepage.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

From another Thread .. but think it applies here.
HollyW00d wrote:Hello,

Anyone having issues connecting to the WildIRC Network (IRC Server) are to contact our Security Department. We do not allow unauthorized connections to connect to the network (Usually proxy connections). However, we can add exceptions and offer tips on how to connect properly.

Please contact Security@WildIRC.Net for more information.

Thanks!
Hope this helps.

Sorry I missed this thread .. (think I saw it at work one day but forgot when I got home) again, Sorry for delay.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy