vesper strip dueling arena #2

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Build a public duel arena behind Vesper Strip?

YES
40%
NO
57%
MAYBE
3%

Total votes: 98

Pro

Re: vesper strip dueling arena #2

Post by Pro »

why not just make a duel arena on the tower roof like loops?

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: vesper strip dueling areana #2

Post by SirEricKain »

Would you happen to have a nice vendor conveniently tucked away on the road back from vesper?

If not I suppose I vote yes.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

monaxe wrote:
we think that having the arena in such an easy to find spot would be epic and make it successful. this place could easily become active with pvp and crafting for public use and not just for one guild.
how is being seperated from the main road by a damn forest make it "easy" to find. saying it would be easier to find than ACE or T-B's is false, they have towns built around their arenas with roads leading to them which makes them especially easy to find, and they are just as open to the public as your proposed one would be. also why would people use an arena for crafting. also, you have still not said why your small guild that lacks a town DESERVES an arena, all you talk about how "awesome it will be." stop dodging the questions and respond with some facts
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Unstablecorn

Post by Unstablecorn »

Big no. Less junk the better.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Pro wrote:why not just make a duel arena on the tower roof like loops?
cause thats too much work! easier if a GM makes it
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pro wrote:why not just make a duel arena on the tower roof like loops?
Good question, why isnt mYm arena on top of a tower? (like loops)

Pro

Post by Pro »

Because after being an active part of UOSA for over a year we asked the community if we could get a designated duel arena like the other big player towns of UOSA so we could host events where people actually show up :D

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I changed my vote to yes on the basis that I said I would if they kicked Faxanadu out of their guild. They still don't deserve it yet tho lol.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

these polls easily get rigged with kids using 5-10 + diff forum names

;/
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

well one odd thing is the majority of the 'yes' voters arent really posting why they voted yes. It helps a lot if people would leave comments when they vote for a more clear perspective on the communities thoughts.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

BlackFoot wrote:well one odd thing is the majority of the 'yes' voters arent really posting why they voted yes. It helps a lot if people would leave comments when they vote for a more clear perspective on the communities thoughts.
Fair enough. My yes vote is a vote for absurdity. I don't particularly care for any of these arenas so saying this two-bit goofball guild can have one just kinda funny to me. I certainly don't believe they have a chance of getting it.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Dueling arenas are like those 30-second ab machines on TV at 3:00 in the morning. Everyone thinks they want one, they get all fired up and use it for like three days, and then everyone else has to walk by it for the next two years, just sitting there empty and gathering dust.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Mikel123 wrote:Dueling arenas are like those 30-second ab machines on TV at 3:00 in the morning. Everyone thinks they want one, they get all fired up and use it for like three days, and then everyone else has to walk by it for the next two years, just sitting there empty and gathering dust.
lmao!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

I would love to see this area be full of pvp, however I don't see it happening. ACE, TB and all the other established player run towns with the exception of mYm are basically dead. You can almost always find people having matches at our arena. I don't find it prudent to give a guild that has 2 active members a town add on. Nor do you deserve it seeing as how you have never done anything for the server. Your guild hardly even pvps. Ive never gotten a fight vs yall without it being 1v1 or 1v2. 2v2 you always run to guards, and I've only even had the opportunity to see more than 1 of you together maybe 2 or 3 times. For now my vote is no, and I am surprised you have so many yes votes considering you are such a small guild and yall dont really bring much to the pvp scene. If you want to use an arena there is a public one about a minute north run from there in mYm town.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Horsewang

Post by Horsewang »

I currently vote NO because:
New guild, no events yet.
No town or even attempt at a town.
11(?) members....not very many.
More gigantic, 99% unused buildings cluttering the wilderness?....Already too many houses.
PROVE that you are dedicated to UOSA by holding some cool events at your current tower.