Patch 130 - May 21, 2010: "a big patch of small goodies?"

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 130 - May 21, 2010: "a big patch of small goodies?

Post by Derrick »

Few items for tommorrow morning:
  • Updated email address registration email body, and message to user. The process should be clearer now.
  • Corrects the "leather cap" in the tailor and provisioner sell list. This should actually always have been a bonnet (thanks marmalade)
  • Fixed buggy descriptions for wands, and proper naming of enchanted clothing and weapons (thanks rouss)
  • Provocation targets will trigger the "criminal action" prompt if enabled. (thanks Blackbeard)
  • Vendors are more understanding of complex phrases, such as "Hail bob, I'd like to view your stuff" will work now. (thanks Manfromx)
  • Axes (when not equipped) and Spears can be used to carve corpses and kindling. (thanks Manfromx)
  • Major Bug Fix: Fishing up an SoS chest would sometimes cause the chest to be deleted if the fishers pack could not hold the chest. (thanks Rammar)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

Major Bug Fix: Fishing up an SoS chest would sometimes cause the chest to be deleted if the fishers pack could not hold the chest. (thanks Rammar)
WOOT!

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!

Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

It really impresses me that i can read the "report a bug" section, or the "Suggestions & Era Accuracy" section to see the changes that will be made to the shard in the coming days. I really appreciate that if someone has a good idea staff will listen. It is this that will keep me coming back to this shard.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Few more small changes this morning:
  • Disabled the on-login warnings on guildstones which are intentionally not in a house.
  • Opening paperdoll is a disruptive (to meditation) action, and sends mobile update (as per OSI: this may resynch client, not sure) (thread)
  • Anyone will be able to tame previously tamed creatures. (thread)
We found another bug with weapons and carving/harvesting. This will be fixed on next restart:
  • Fix for pickaxes not working from pack. (bug)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Does this include the part about not needing taming to use the guard command?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

Pretty sure it doesn't Alatar.

The taming fixes that were listed was too many and will be a patch in itself.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Is that expected to be the case eventually though?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sandro wrote:Does this include the part about not needing taming to use the guard command?
I haven't seen any information to indicate that the guard command was exempt from a loyalty check. Can you direct me to that?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I don't know of any. I was referring to this: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 9&start=15
Mens Rea wrote:I had a dragon dealer, and I would take my dexer to the cliffs of T2A and he would release and I would tame.

You could not use the all kill command to any effect unless you had some taming.

All guard me would work most of the time, as would all follow me.
Derrick wrote:Yeah looks like we'll be fixing this.

Thanks guys.
It was difficult to tell which claims in that thread are being fixed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sandro wrote:It was difficult to tell which claims in that thread are being fixed.
The ability to release and then re-tame with zero skill.
The rest was unsubstatiated. Depending on which animal you were talking about (none cited) this could be possible; but I've seen no real indication that releasing a pet reduced it's control requirements.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Derrick wrote:
Sandro wrote:It was difficult to tell which claims in that thread are being fixed.
The ability to release and then re-tame with zero skill.
The rest was unsubstatiated. Depending on which animal you were talking about (none cited) this could be possible; but I've seen no real indication that releasing a pet reduced it's control requirements.
Hi Derrick,

I am one of the people who remembers being able to tame a release dragon and be able to sufficiently control it.

These dragons would make the angry noise in response to "a follow" and "a kill" and "a transfer". But they would practically always respond to the guard command. You still had to feed them an awful lot of meat though.

The below may shed some light on exactly what people are talking about.
Patch note:

May 25 1999 9:41AM CST
- Loyalty checks are now done for all pet commands (previously, certain commands did not check the pet's loyalty).