PvP, the way it was in June 1998...?

News and Announcements
Panama Red

Re: PvP, the way it was in June 1998...?

Post by Panama Red »

lol, poogoblin loves to argue, don't let hit fool you!

platy

Post by platy »

I thought the tailor process was to buy and resell fancy shirts which sold for more than purchased.. took forever and was fixed eventually.. could be wrong though- but I did this for a few days on OSI.

chris kennon

Post by chris kennon »

platy wrote:I thought the tailor process was to buy and resell fancy shirts which sold for more than purchased.. took forever and was fixed eventually.. could be wrong though- but I did this for a few days on OSI.
What I remember was buying bolts and thread to make bolts with then selling fancy shirts with the bolts and selling the fancy shirts back which was very profitable, but eventually would get over supplied on the shirts and run out of the bolts and thread. Vesper was a good location to working on tailoring since it had two tailor shops which meant more buying and selling.

Dreadlord_Qbert

Post by Dreadlord_Qbert »

i remember receiving the demo with my pre order of t2a , and i tought oh man they included a modded fuse on the cd.

i tested it once and remember thinking that there was error in it from the real UO.

there was never unique character names in Uo ( i remember pking someone trying to be me )

back then you could clean badages.
runebooks were not blessed and thats IF they were there * dont think they were there in 98
male could wear female clothing and female plate

chaos shield gave +1 to ar compared to order

profit was made from making fancy shirts ball of yarn /thread was cheaper than that , flux @ 60
( everyone did tailoring to purchase a house at first )

npc didint run but we were all experiencing a little lag back then so i guess it compensate.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

i dont get it.... :shock:
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Faust

Post by Faust »

What don't you get?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

chris kennon wrote:
platy wrote:I thought the tailor process was to buy and resell fancy shirts which sold for more than purchased.. took forever and was fixed eventually.. could be wrong though- but I did this for a few days on OSI.
What I remember was buying bolts and thread to make bolts with then selling fancy shirts with the bolts and selling the fancy shirts back which was very profitable, but eventually would get over supplied on the shirts and run out of the bolts and thread. Vesper was a good location to working on tailoring since it had two tailor shops which meant more buying and selling.
spools of thread were 3gp, 5 of them to make a bolt = 15gp, profit made on fancy shirts was huge. that is the only thing i remember about tailoring being majorly profitable. the cutoff date is nov23, 1999 though, and 3gp spools were patched in september 1999

and for everyone complaining about attacklast, you're wrong. attacklast always worked on osi like it works here, it probably STILL works that way. everyone's just way too accustomed to runUO defaults by now
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

When did the client get the attack-last option though? I know it wasnt always there. That's one of the huge differences between T2A/UO:R and original UO, all-names, attack-last, and whatnot. There was a time when you wouldnt know if someone was a murderer until you opened their paperdoll.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The 800x600 client that was introduced in mid '99 Matron.

rouss

Post by rouss »

MatronDeWinter wrote:When did the client get the attack-last option though? I know it wasnt always there. That's one of the huge differences between T2A/UO:R and original UO, all-names, attack-last, and whatnot. There was a time when you wouldnt know if someone was a murderer until you opened their paperdoll.
AttackLast was certainly present in 1.26.4, I'm not entirely positive regarding lower versions.

UO:R clients were > 2.0.0 iirc
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I wish I knew how to do all of this shiz.

Tell me how.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

I wish I knew how to do all of this shiz.

Tell me how.
Wishing is a start.

1) Download and place the demo somewhere : http://download.joinuo.com/UODemo.zip
2) Ensure the original demo works correctly:
UoDemo requirements: http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=574
3) Download the hacked demo named UoDemo+ : http://uodemo.joinuo.com/?title=Uodemo%2B
4) Ensure the hacked demo works correctly:
Here's a How-To : http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=327
5) Download the patched demo client named UoDmClnt : http://uodemo.joinuo.com/?title=UoDmClnt
6) Obtain your network card's IP address and create the required UoDmClnt.cfg file (see wiki) and play

Extra:
The Old Tutorial: http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=575
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I had a hard time finding this this morning so added here for reference:
Batlin wrote:Lately I've helped several people making the demo run and I wish to share my experience.

First of all, the demo requires the 2D client. If you can run the 2D client the demo should be able to run without any problems. But the demo is rather old and has some detection quirks which makes the execution fail.

The demo client also contains a serious bug which will make it crash if the StartExePath registry entry is missing! And in some cases it will exit cleanly without reporting an error while there was one.

These are the requirements to make the demo run:
1) Registry Key requirements:
1a. "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online" can only contain one sub key and this must be named "1.0". Any other key causes trouble so export and remove it/them.

1b. The StartExePath must exist inside the "1.0" sub key. And its content should be similar to the ExePath entry and should contain the string "uo.exe" or "godcli.exe".

2) Game directory requirements:
2a. Inside the game directory you must have a directory "language", this directory can be empty so if it doesn't exist, create it!

3) UO.CFG requirements:
3a. The UO.CFG file must contain an entry "CdRomDataPath=XXX" where XXX is your game directory, the demo uses this directory to check the existence of map0.mul and for locating the tutorial (if available)

Running UoDemo+ is another separate matter, please ensure that the original demo works and then review this topic : http://forum.joinuo.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=327
Suddenly I'm getting the "You must have an Ultima Online Gold CD to experience the demo." message again.
I was just in this thing last week. Everything appears to be configured correctly :/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Derrick wrote:Suddenly I'm getting the "You must have an Ultima Online Gold CD to experience the demo." message again.
I was just in this thing last week. Everything appears to be configured correctly :/
Running as admin under Win7 corrected this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Matt

Post by Matt »

I started playing UOSA about 100 days ago. I've had a lot of fun here and appreciate all the work that has gone into this shard which brings back the glory days of PVP on UO, before it was taken out of the game. Thanks to all those involved. I will weigh in once I get a question answered... and it may be a dumb question, but here it is: Does this shard attempt to replicate only June of 98 or is it a span of a some months?