Mage ideas

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
bluebaroo

Mage ideas

Post by bluebaroo »

I am making a PvP mage right now, and I am trying to figure out my last few skills.

Right now the template is:
Eval int - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100
Resisting Spells - 100
Wrestling - 100

I have room for 2 more GMd skills, and right now i am working on Healing and Anatomy. I chose them because I think that healing could get me out of some sticky situations during a fight.

Is this a good build for a pure mage for pvp, or would it be worth going with something like Inscription. I am trying to stay away from weapon skill so it forces me to get better with my mage combat.

Any help?

Lazarus

Re: Mage ideas

Post by Lazarus »

Go on test and try it out I'll practice with you. Personally I think that kind of template would be good for PvM instead of PvP. I really dont like the use of bandages in PvP, they take too long to heal you.

I dont know if you get a bonus with inscription skill.

bluebaroo

Post by bluebaroo »

Good point, it might be a bit better for pvm. I have played with a heal mage before, and he just felt a lot more defensive.

If i cant find a good balance with that, i might just go back to Swords and Tactics so i can get a nice meaty hit off with a hally

How do i get on test?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

bluebaroo wrote:Good point, it might be a bit better for pvm. I have played with a heal mage before, and he just felt a lot more defensive.

If i cant find a good balance with that, i might just go back to Swords and Tactics so i can get a nice meaty hit off with a hally

How do i get on test?
Because it is more defensive. I dont know what the specs are for say 50 healing, 50 anat but you could do that with 100 swords and see what you like.

Eh, you have to type in test.uosecondage.com or something like that on the Razor box. I'm not home at the moment so I cant tell you exactly.

bluebaroo

Post by bluebaroo »

Hrm. Alright. Well I will be online in a bit, but I am kindove feeling the swords and tactics now. The fastest gains are training against a pally, and have a healer on him, right?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

bluebaroo wrote:Hrm. Alright. Well I will be online in a bit, but I am kindove feeling the swords and tactics now. The fastest gains are training against a pally, and have a healer on him, right?
I dont think so. I used NPC mages for my training.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

When/if new anti-hally-cheat patch comes in, mana levels will matter in combat, and bandaids can definately keep your mana up. I have a heal-mage and I like playing her now even. Meteor/EQ/purple-potions are my friends.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

MatronDeWinter wrote:When/if new anti-hally-cheat patch comes in
Is it gonna be that bad Matron? I can't keep up with these new patches. I know this current one with the horses totally suck and I haven't experienced the delay people are talking about. I dont use Razor to unequip my weapons though, I just usually cast or use one I set in the game.

bluebaroo

Post by bluebaroo »

Rethinking it, i will probably keep healing. I mean, at the start of the match someone will attack me, then i can put on a bandage. If i can keep up with damage, i will heal myself, if not, ill use a heal spell, and then heal even more. I dont see a loss here haha

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Bandages heal slow as hell. I think thats the great detriment to dexxers now but lets tool around in test. You'll see. I'm heading home now and I will probably be on in another 2 hours.

bluebaroo

Post by bluebaroo »

Sure, Ill play on test. I dont know if i have it in me tonight, but Ill be on IRC for sure. My name is Bluebaroo. Hit me up some time

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

MatronDeWinter wrote:When/if new anti-hally-cheat patch comes in, mana levels will matter in combat, and bandaids can definately keep your mana up. I have a heal-mage and I like playing her now even. Meteor/EQ/purple-potions are my friends.
What about parry on a template like that. Is it worth it? (Instead of anatomy, GM parry.)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Joueur Moyen wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:When/if new anti-hally-cheat patch comes in, mana levels will matter in combat, and bandaids can definately keep your mana up. I have a heal-mage and I like playing her now even. Meteor/EQ/purple-potions are my friends.
What about parry on a template like that. Is it worth it? (Instead of anatomy, GM parry.)
My character has Mage, Med, Wrestle, Heal, Anatomy, Resist, Parry

Parry works out okay because it is an entirely defensive character. If you wanted to fight anyone I would suggest dropping parry for eval.

bluebaroo

Post by bluebaroo »

I am still working the character up, and I was thinking about adding parrying. I decided to keep with pure healing though because if I dropped anat, my heals would do much less. But if I dropped eval, my spells would do a lot less, all at the trade of every once in a while taking less damage.

I made a sword mage before I started training my heal mage, and I notice I forget to equip my hally with all the casting I do, so I think that a heal mage might be right up my ally.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

So you are going with eval then? Sounds good!

Return to “Guides”