Patch 134 - Little stuff

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 134 - Little stuff

Post by Derrick »

• Blank books now spawn in library bookcases (there are still very few bookcases that spawn books though)
  • Furs are no longer found on animal corpses; any creature that only yielded furs will now yield hides.
  • Logging into a house will eject non-friends, now even in a public house.
  • Reduction of "Strong" mongbats, especially in Britannia. Regular mongbats will also be more common than they were in the Lost Lands.
  • Some changes were made to the rate at which pets lose loyalty; there were a couple factors that were causing pets to lose loyalty faster then they should have.
  • Terathean Avengers and Matriarchs have increased speed (thread?)
  • Stamina for frenzied ostard are substantially increased.
  • Other mounts stats are adjusted based on http://www.tamingarchive.com/tamechart.html (thanks Reena Dae)
  • White Wyrm Str and Hits substantially increased based on above information
  • Arms Lore will now work in a trade window (thanks Rammar)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dagon

Re: Patch 134 - Little stuff

Post by Dagon »

Derrick wrote:
Wasn't the speed just recently reduced?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:
  • Terathean Avengers and Matriarchs have increased speed (thread)
nightshark likes this.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dagon wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Wasn't the speed just recently reduced?
We previously had all teratheans moving fast. It recently came to light that it was more likely only these two that moved faster. We slowed all of them down a couple months ago, and then increased the speed on these two only this morning.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Alebrije

Post by Alebrije »

Derrick wrote:
  • Stamina for frenzied ostard are substantially increased.
  • White Wyrm Str and Hits substantially increased based on above information
Alebrije likes these! :D

Joe

Post by Joe »

Spawn at the Fire Temple seems much greater than usual. Don't know if this is a result of this patch.

Akriel

Post by Akriel »

The wyrms feel much better now. I had been surprised when I got my first one a few weeks ago at how little hp they had.

I had always sold the wyrms for 15k and dragons for 10k on OSI because the wyrms were better effective hunters than the dragons (dragon does less damage as its health falls). This patch definitely makes that true on UOSA as well.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Akriel wrote:The wyrms feel much better now. I had been surprised when I got my first one a few weeks ago at how little hp they had.

I had always sold the wyrms for 15k and dragons for 10k on OSI because the wyrms were better effective hunters than the dragons (dragon does less damage as its health falls). This patch definitely makes that true on UOSA as well.
I disagree with dragons being better hunters, though I do use Veterinary and my dragons never go below 90% or so. Wyrms definitely should hit harder than them though.

stevedub40

Post by stevedub40 »

Is there any chance on adding re-taming abilities on this shard? It was always nice going to Ice Island and re-taming some polar bears or white wolves.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Steve, that won't happen. Pre-taming skill requirement increases were introduced in 2000, after the era we're trying to recreate.

stevedub40

Post by stevedub40 »

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I've been having a little difficulty remembering how things were back in 99. I was just a newb back then, so skills like taming, and other challenging skills, did not get finished up until after 2000. Since I've been taming on this shard, I have definitely been able to get by without the retames. I like the hell hound spawn in Hyloth compared to when I did taming on OSI at the Fire dungeon.

Reena Dae

Post by Reena Dae »

Akriel wrote:The wyrms feel much better now. I had been surprised when I got my first one a few weeks ago at how little hp they had.

Wyrms were never more "effective hunters" than dragons. Their AI made them more valuable (all firebreathers have the same kind of AI where they will run off and chase things). They could be safely handled by and around murderers. Wyrms were out of favor with a number of tamers because you could only effectively use one at a time and veterinary was risky due to their mass curse ability (dragons could also mass curse if their magery was trained).

Wyrms were a bit more difficult to get because of the single spawn, so you had to compete against people who wanted them for fame/loot. Dragons had a lot more locations (terra keep, fire temple, 2 in destard, etc.)

I had a badass prepatch wyrm with comparable hp/strength to dragons and I still preferred to use dragons.
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

Return to “Patch Notes”