World save in-accurate for some reason? Attn Derrik

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Errikos

Re: World save in-accurate for some reason? Attn Derrik

Post by Errikos »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:
Errikos wrote:Is there some reason you have to save while all the players are playing? I mean, just before the server shuts down every day, you can't force everyone off the game early, save while it's still on, and then turn the server off? Because I noticed it saves like 15 minutes before it shuts down and anything done during that 15 minute span gets undone when the server is back up.

Unless the C# coders are buffoons this would never happen and we all know they are not. That is also why it warns of you A: A final save and B: The server is not going to save again.
Don't explain why they'd be buffoons or anything. It's not like I've played enough of other online games to know they save everything that's been done just before they shut down instead of everything but the last 15 minutes.
Last edited by Errikos on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

1.- Those SS really bring back memories!! I support the change to that font and color.

2.- The reason it saves and allows you to continue playing, as someone stated above, is to allow you a certian period of time to do something completely out of your nature in UO. Wanted to go kill innoncents that were farming, do it...you won't take counts. Want to see if a tower fits in that L-shape spot, do it, if it doesn't, nothing is lost; etc.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

marmalade wrote:what does that code do exactly?
It is just basically messages change, it does not directly afflict on how the world itself saves. It simply makes it accurate to what OSI DID do. It's proven anyone can challenge this, I promise it is era accurate
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:Anyway I mocked up the code it may be a little out of date but I know you can at least take a look at it.
Thanks. All I needed was the hue and font :wink:
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Derrick wrote:
Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:Anyway I mocked up the code it may be a little out of date but I know you can at least take a look at it.
Thanks. All I needed was the hue and font :wink:

Derrick I hope I was able to help out on that matter, I imagined it was something you were aware of and knew the procedure to correct it - did the hue and font actually come in handy? Hope so.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote: just cant help it not a fan of the bright yellow save.
lol

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The font and hue change went in this morning along with some other minor changes for whcich I haven't yet posted patch notes. Thanks again for prodding me into getting this changed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Derrick wrote:The font and hue change went in this morning along with some other minor changes for whcich I haven't yet posted patch notes. Thanks again for prodding me into getting this changed.

I just want to help - it is an honor to play on this shard to be quite honest. There is nothing like it and you are pretty much the shiz for doing all this. So anyway I can help - I am always here Comp Sci grad lookin to hone the skills.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Derrick wrote:The font and hue change went in this morning along with some other minor changes for whcich I haven't yet posted patch notes. Thanks again for prodding me into getting this changed.

Glad you added it - it really does bring the old world save feeling. A+ man, I like the revised code as well much more efficient.