BUM Event This Sunday! Tamer Duels!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Blackbeard

BUM Event This Sunday! Tamer Duels!

Post by Blackbeard »

On Sunday, the 5th, at 5:00 PM server time, I will be hosting an event at BUM Headquarters east of the Skara Brea crossing. It will be a duel to the death or forfeiture between the pets of animal tamers. There is a 5K entry free and to the winner goes the entire pot! You have until Sunday to send me, fox phyre or chainsoar a PM registering for the event. Contact us on IRC (Deus_Ex_Machina, fox_phyre or chainsoar) or in the forums to register.

Here are the rules:
1. You are only allowed one pet for the contest.
2. You may only cast beneficial spells and healing spells once on your pet before any pet duel begins. In other words: Cast Strength, Blessing and/or Protection then throw a heal on him before the duel starts but if you do so during the fight, you will be disqualified.
3. You are not allowed to cast harmful spells on the opponent's pet. You may cast them on your own if you wish, however. Not that you would want to...
4. The duel is to the death between your tames or until somebody says "I forfeit!"
5. This is the most important rule so pay careful attention: You may only use non-hostile tames to fight. This means no lava lizards, dire wolves, dragons, etc. If you bring one of those, you are automatically disqualified.

We will be opening gates to Buc's Den and West Britain Bank roughly half an hour to fifteen minutes before the event starts to get everybody inside. Now go tame something and train him up! Good luck.

"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: BUM Event This Sunday! Tamer Duels!

Post by Mikel123 »

What's the server time? Sorry, I don't even know what that is... but would love to enter.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

5 PM server time, which is EST. Basically, this is a chance to give newbie tamers a lot of prize cash.

Orbanaz

Post by Orbanaz »

I'm there!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

So, any non-hostile pet is okay?

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Any pet that, when it was originally wild, was not hostile, is absolutely acceptable. To clarify further, I mean naturally non-aggressive. Less than five hours until the events. I, fox, chain, SJane or ShastaMcNasty will be taking any last minute submissions but you're out of luck at 5 PM server time sharp.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Bump.

I'm still accepting entries for the tournament! It starts in about an hour!

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

And the winner was Dalavar! He did some extremely tough training with his bear for five days straight and the effort paid off in the end. Congratulations! Next time, we're pulling out all the stops and going to allow anything the tamer's want to bring. More on that in a bit.

Here's a screen shot of the epic final match between Ultraman and Dalavar's bears.

Return to “Player Run Events”