Patch 136: Taming, Barding, Forges, Resources and Fruittrees

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 136: Taming, Barding, Forges, Resources and Fruittrees

Post by Derrick »

• Minor AI Fixes:
    • No initial control check on pet kill command; There is more work to do on this, as the pet does still not "size-up" his opponent.
    • Control check on new owner when transferring pets added back. This was removed purposefully in error last year.
  • Taming will no longer be blocked based on number of previous owners.
  • Removed Line of Sight requirement on Provocation second target.
  • Bugs in Stuck Menu in which players become indefinitely frozen (probably due to logging out) should be fixed.
  • A new stuck menu will cancel the old one, also allows staff to cancel the wait period.
  • Staff will no longer accidentally delete Player Vendors who's owners have been unfriended from houses when speaking near them.
  • Removed redundant action delay from players in general and in instruments and explosion potions
    • This should fix some bugs with Explosion Potions and Provocation
  • The bellows on large forges will work.
  • Beginnings of world resource system implemented. Thanks Raph
    • This is Currently only active for fruit, but will eventually drive part of the creature AI and spawn system.
    • Grapevines in yew should become functional later today.
    • Fruit Trees corrected, and will begin working properly later today
      • In short they were dropping way too much fruit, this is their integration with the world resource system.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Edie Brickell

Re: Patch 136: Taming, Barding, Forges, Resources and Fruitt

Post by Edie Brickell »

Was it jsut me or did you guys speed up monster movement....cause I know Ogres, Trolls, and Ettins are like twice as fast as they were this weekend. Some of the poison eles are spawning in an odd shade of light green as well...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There should be no change in movement speeds. The new hues of poison/blood elementals, bone magis, skeletal/orcish mages were some time ago. It's believed that the orcish mage hue is wrong.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

I always thought them orcish mage's looked weird. I could never find a screen shot to argue my point, now i know my red-green color blindness is not just getting the best of me.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Downs

Post by Downs »

Beginnings of world resource system implemented. Thanks Raph

Wasn't this an alpha system? or are you referring to the 8x8 blocks for resources thing?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Downs wrote:Wasn't this an alpha system? or are you referring to the 8x8 blocks for resources thing?
The resource system was in production, although a lot of the intended behaviors never got out of alpha, and I understand much was chiseled away from it as time went on; however I understand that it remains a necessary basis for many systems.

One good example is mining. The available resources in an 8x8 bank should be related to the quality of the map in terms of Ore production in that area. A single outcropping of stone in the middle of the forest should not produce the same amount of ore as the floor of a mountain cave.

More info on the UO resource system from Raph's site is here:
http://www.raphkoster.com/2006/06/03/uo ... ce-system/
http://www.raphkoster.com/2006/06/04/uo ... em-part-2/
http://www.raphkoster.com/2006/06/05/uo ... em-part-3/

There's more to the resource system than just the 8x8 grids though, NPC's/creatures/items can consume. desire, and produce these resources.

Downs

Post by Downs »

ah awesome, thanks!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Derrick wrote:
  • Removed redundant action delay from players in general and in instruments and explosion potions
    • This should fix some bugs with Explosion Potions and Provocation
Ah, I'm eager to try this later today, see how it works!!
Derrick wrote:
  • The bellows on large forges will work.
Was wondering yesterday when this was going to get implemented, was about to post about it. Good news, thanks!!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

roguan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by roguan »

Derrick wrote:
I assume this means the line of sight check from player to second target was removed.

But, shouldn't there be a LoS check between the first target and the second? Or does the change imply that neither the first target nor the provoker need LoS to the second target?

Thanks
"The NPK"

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

roguan wrote:
Derrick wrote:
I assume this means the line of sight check from player to second target was removed.
Sorry for the lack of clarification. There was a check between the two creatures being provoked when you targeted the second one. This was removed.

Feldeath

Post by Feldeath »

So as far as the control check goes, does that mean that the person who you are transferring a pet to has to have the same level of taming as it takes to tame the creature now?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Shouldn't need that exact amount, but I think around 70 taming, 70 lore is required for the high-level monsters (nightmare, dragons)

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

I recently reactivated my old OSI account for a month, and the characters I friended nightmares to all had exactly 42 taming (0 lore) and they could ride them with that, so that had to be the requirement during T2A for at least nightmares. No idea about the exact number for other animals though.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Wow, I wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of trying to reactivate my old accounts. I think I had an IRL nickname in 1999 that was my account name, but I don't even remember it :-) Not to mention, I think I sold my accounts on ebay...

Anyhow, at some point in T2A, you could transfer to someone with 0/0. I think the method was basically taming it with a tamer, then releasing it, which would set it's retame requirement to 0.0 Taming skill (or actually, something in the negatives, since you'd never even fail at 0.0). I *think* the time when this was possible was during our timeframe.

Though presumably, you raised your taming to a non-zero number to accept the transfer. However, bear in mind you may well have lowered your taming skill after you accepted the transfer, since you didn't intend on commanding it.

Feldeath

Post by Feldeath »

The reason I ask is because I tried to transfer a frenzied ostard to someone with 60 taming and 90 lore today and it would not work.