Patch 137: Pet aggressiveness, Item stacking, Misc.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 137: Pet aggressiveness, Item stacking, Misc.

Post by Mikel123 »

Hmmm...

Something is still off with the timer.

I set up a stationary archer with a heavy crossbow, and attacked with another character.

The first time, my archer autodefended immediately, shooting an arrow animation immediately, and the damage happened about 2-3 seconds after my initial double-click.

I then ran off and hid. I then came back and double-clicked again. This time, the autodefend was about 3-4 seconds late, with the damage happening about 6-7 seconds after the initial aggressive double-click.

I then ran off and hid for a full 2 minutes, to ensure any combat timer had elapsed. I then went back and double-clicked the archer a third time, and this time there was about a 1.5 second pause, and then the arrow was loosed (it missed).

I then repeated this process 3 more times, and got delays of 0, .5 seconds, and 0 seconds, between double-click and the time the animation for the arrow being loosed in retaliation.

Don't know if this helps, but just some observations.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Semi off topic and I did not witness this myself. But I heard, this morning someone was at BGY double shooting an HX-bow and swinging a hally instantly after, like a triple combo.

Apparently the shots were hitting too.

Anyone have any info on that?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Rose wrote:Semi off topic and I did not witness this myself. But I heard, this morning someone was at BGY double shooting an HX-bow and swinging a hally instantly after, like a triple combo.

Don't see how that would be possible considering that if you disarm your bow before the damage applies then your shot is void.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Mikel123, I think your data is cogent, thanks.

What I've seen when it's "not working" (assuming the initial problem is tied to range and/or LOS):
  • Character already has weapon "primed";
  • Out-of-Range (and/or, no-LOS) Mongbat shrieks;
  • Character does not shoot;
  • Mongbat enters range (and/or clears LOS);
  • Character still does not shoot, ever;
  • Mongbat reaches Character, and Character gallops 5-7 tiles away, then stops again;
  • Mongbat will again waltz all the way up to the Character, without the Character shooting even once ...
  • Repeat these last two steps until ...
  • Next Mongbat-shriek, and maybe auto-defend finally decides to kick in; otherwise, repeat gallop-waltz until next shriek ...
What I've seen when it "is working":
  • Troll grunts and moves in, bolt is away immediately; after it either hits or misses ...
  • Spellspam hotkeys, all directed by a LastTarget hotkey, redlining the target;
  • Re-Equip Xbow for the coup de grace.
That's it: no manual-targetting, or even dragging off the target's lifebar; I don't even need to kite, because the target redlines about 2 tiles away, then turns about-face and tries to escape (at a pace just perfect for a leisurely re-equipping of the Xbow to drop him before he can even get out of range).

Naturally, once I have finally started shooting, shooting continues normally.

I am not griping because I have to expend a little more effort KO-ing Mongbats and Trolls. This unreliability of autodefend + archery has brought me some measure of grief whenever I encounter Liches/Lich Lords, Dread Spiders, et al.; in fact, I had a bit of a tussle droppping a White Wyrm that was roaming my 'hood about a week ago (a former-tame that someone had named "nightshark"; I live just south of the Newby perma-thug camp just across the river south of Britain). In any event, I don't think it's too much to expect consistency and stability in the platform, so that I can devise workable attack-sequences.

One small bit of "FYI" that I just remembered:

I have said, a couple of times now, that I hadn't tried to use an active skill to "paint" the target when, indeed, I now realise that that statement is not true!

I have a Provo-Archer, and I do now recall several episodes where, not in War Mode, "landing" the second Provocation target immediately caused the equipped-weapon to fire (it's the "nightshark episode" that reminded me of this) ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Rose wrote:Semi off topic and I did not witness this myself. But I heard, this morning someone was at BGY double shooting an HX-bow and swinging a hally instantly after, like a triple combo.

I haven't seen anything of the kind recently, but before the "big fixit" patch went through (what, 6-8 weeks ago now? wow), during the too-many-double-hits era, I would rather frequently see double-shots launched out of my archery weapons; and it was possible for both to hit and do damage. There are people who will recall me remarking upon the phenomenon.

To be clear, I am not talking about: *whiff*-*gallopaway*-*whiff*-*kthunk*; I am talking about: *whiff-whiff*-*kthunk-kthunk*-"hey, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't have happened!"

I never tried to do it on purpose, nor to combine it with a melee weapon as a combo, so I can only say "I occasionally saw double-shots being fired out of my bows"; since the end of the too-many-double-hits era, I have not seen this behaviour at all.

Maybe someone's found a way to exploit a bug still extant in the code ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Maybe someone's found a way to exploit a bug still extant in the code ...
It would seem so.

I have no idea how to replicate this in a controlled fashion.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

ty derrick good work
1+ <3
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

edit: nm
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE