White Wyrms displaying weird

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

White Wyrms displaying weird

Post by Mikel123 »

REPORTED ISSUE: What I think is a white wyrm is appearing to one of my characters in dragon colors.

ISSUE DETAILS: I have two white wyrms trapped in my house. To most of my characters, they both appear white. To one character, one of them appears in dragon-orange. I do have Criminal and Enemy Guild set to an orange-ish color, but not this color, and I know the dragon is not a criminal and I am not in a guild.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: first floor of a castle

STEPS TO RECREATE: come visit my castle and see things through my eyes, man

EXPECTED RESULTS: whitewash

DATE REPORTED: 10/5

DATE STATUS CHANGED:
Attachments
dragon.jpg
dragon.jpg (47.77 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
dragon (2).jpg
dragon (2).jpg (48.21 KiB) Viewed 2335 times

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: White Wyrms displaying weird

Post by wgensel »

Your one character is obviously color-blind. You must RP him as a color-blind char henceforth.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

My first thought is that maybe you have razor or client set to highlight a 0 hue for combatant or last target. If this something that has happened for a while, i.e., have you restarted your client, or interacted with other creatures. If so is this still only this single dragon, or does it happen with other hued creatures as well?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Upon restarting the client & razor, the issue is gone.

It wasn't a last target thing (I have that set to purple). You can kind of see the orange is very multi-dimensional... it truly is the dragon hue.

It baffles me that my client can work perfectly for 3 months, and then do something like this for no apparent reason. Clearly the machines are taking over and starting to think for themselves.

wgensel... funny you should say that. I kind of already am... I created a character after my better half and let her choose the clothing she'd wear (all newbie clothes since she dies a lot as she is not allowed to fight anyone :D ). This is the result:
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/86551

Ahh, the things we do to play this game!

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

She stole IrmaDufus' clothes!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Nice reference!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This also happened to me yesterday with a WW. It's gotta be something to do with "set target hue" in razor, as I've never had it happened before until I recently changed that.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

None of my hues are anywhere near orange; also, the Razor hues are pretty monochromatic (no shading, texture, etc.). I'm not an art student or anything, just my observation.

I've had Last Target Hue set to purple for a couple months now; I'm trying to think if I changed anything else recently, but I'm not sure. Only thing I can think of is I turned OFF "Smart Last Target".

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mine is also not anywhere near the hue, it's purple. But I'm guessing that's it as the WW was my current target, after I tabbed out, it appeared dragon coloured. Curiously, I got the brown dragon and not the red one.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I consistently get this with all mob types of altering colours, and yeah it's the highlight target feature in razor.

It makes players display purple (as intended), but stuff like terathan avengers will look like a terathan warrior, a balron will look like a deamon, and a WW.. like a dragon

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

nightshark wrote:I consistently get this with all mob types of altering colours, and yeah it's the highlight target feature in razor.

It makes players display purple (as intended), but stuff like terathan avengers will look like a terathan warrior, a balron will look like a deamon, and a WW.. like a dragon
Ahhh, yes! This is exactly what happens.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”