Any old Napa Valley players (1997ish era)?

Topics related to Second Age
viladin454

Any old Napa Valley players (1997ish era)?

Post by viladin454 »

I was known as Skippy back then. Maker of Air Skippys ;) my famous yellow shoes.

PvP'd alot on my Archer/Mage, Cyric Blackblade or was on my little thief, Drefan Rahl.
People wearing my shoes!
People wearing my shoes!
airskippys.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
The Before.
The Before.
before.jpg (126.96 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
The After.
The After.
after.jpg (137.07 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
The Epic Tag-Team Wrestling Event which went out of control after I won. :)
The Epic Tag-Team Wrestling Event which went out of control after I won. :)
fight.jpg (110.91 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
My old fun guild, Venge-X. And yes, we were in drag for this picture.
My old fun guild, Venge-X. And yes, we were in drag for this picture.
vx.jpg (119.93 KiB) Viewed 8546 times

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Any old Napa Valley players (1997ish era)?

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was Rick and Animalis on Napa but i don't guess i have ever met you.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by goldendog »

I was on Napa since it opened, through 1999. I certainly remember air Skippy's, but i'm not sure we knew each other. I remember Simon Belmont and Ric Flair from your SS's. I was the Dread Lord Creed. There was another Creed who came after me, but that guy sucked so don't get us confused!

Do you have more old Napa SS's?

viladin454

Post by viladin454 »

goldendog wrote:I was on Napa since it opened, through 1999. I certainly remember air Skippy's, but i'm not sure we knew each other. I remember Simon Belmont and Ric Flair from your SS's. I was the Dread Lord Creed. There was another Creed who came after me, but that guy sucked so don't get us confused!

Do you have more old Napa SS's?
I remember a Creed, we might have pk'd together. Or PK'd each other. Do you remember Honky Lips? Used to run with him to kill reds and gray-gankers.

I have a few more SS's.
I think I was one of the first people on Napa Valley to get to GM Healing back when they just change Healing to awesome.
I think I was one of the first people on Napa Valley to get to GM Healing back when they just change Healing to awesome.
cyric2.jpg (117.12 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Me and the girls + 1 noob hanging in, I think, Wrong.
Me and the girls + 1 noob hanging in, I think, Wrong.
grouphug.jpg (16.49 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Me and a couple of thieves encountering Gthunk.
Me and a couple of thieves encountering Gthunk.
gthunk.jpg (107.17 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Got a couple of Seers to wear my shoes.
Got a couple of Seers to wear my shoes.
sageSkippys.jpg (29.44 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Can't remember who gave us the rings, but they were epic.
Can't remember who gave us the rings, but they were epic.
rings.jpg (107.84 KiB) Viewed 8504 times

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

I was on Napa for ages, 97-01 I guess. I used to ru naround with a PK named Black Widow / OfSoulSex
I had a cluster of houses North of Brit near Armand Hammers large forge near the pass through the mountain. I played on my bard, Edie Brickell, almost exclusively. I was heavily involved in the player town Paws on the ouskirts of Vesper.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

I was on Napa for ages, 97-01 I guess. I used to ru naround with a PK named Black Widow / OfSoulSex
I had a cluster of houses North of Brit near Armand Hammers large forge near the pass through the mountain. I played on my bard, Edie Brickell, almost exclusively. I was heavily involved in the player town Paws on the ouskirts of Vesper. I also spent too much time with a filthy scammer/bug exploiter named Grimsin, not my finest moment...

Blakheart

Post by Blakheart »

hi skippy was blakheart then...owned the mith rune library, first companion tower....etc. Was in order of the sacred rose which changed to CoM (city of mith)....started by shaar and shaaria barystyl. first blessed city in UO..had a guild called black knights for a while...was anti pk did a lot of stuff with adam ant and the city of grimoire (loaned them a tower for their hq). Also owned a city called Brotherhood of Steel with a guy named tagwapwento.
I think the rune library still shows Lord British on its friend list. :)
The good old days. This shard is close but the rules seem to favor pks here so havent played since the first few months.Pretty much zero penalties here...rare to see a perma red (if there even is one lol ) And its not like napa...where the reds were actually roleplayers and honorable...

you arent also the skippy that was a dj in the clubs in sd are you?

viladin454

Post by viladin454 »

Blakheart wrote:hi skippy was blakheart then...owned the mith rune library, first companion tower....etc. Was in order of the sacred rose which changed to CoM (city of mith)....started by shaar and shaaria barystyl. first blessed city in UO..had a guild called black knights for a while...was anti pk did a lot of stuff with adam ant and the city of grimoire (loaned them a tower for their hq). Also owned a city called Brotherhood of Steel with a guy named tagwapwento.
I think the rune library still shows Lord British on its friend list. :)
The good old days. This shard is close but the rules seem to favor pks here so havent played since the first few months.Pretty much zero penalties here...rare to see a perma red (if there even is one lol ) And its not like napa...where the reds were actually roleplayers and honorable...

you arent also the skippy that was a dj in the clubs in sd are you?
I don't believe I was. But you have reminded me that I was the King of Clubs of the Death Cards guild. :) We had a bunch of people made Death Cards and played around with factions fighting.

goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by goldendog »

viladin454 wrote:
I remember a Creed, we might have pk'd together. Or PK'd each other. Do you remember Honky Lips? Used to run with him to kill reds and gray-gankers.

Haha yeah i definitely ran with Honky now and then. We probably did PK together at least a couple times. I was always generally guildless, so I ran with a lot of different people and guilds like KoT and CoS. I was in LE for a while too, with Seth the Guard and some other cats.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I miss Napa back in the day. This is by far the closest i've found to that. I remember GUL's PK'ing back then. Like others said, there were honorable PK's then. I wish I did see more of that here.

I was Lightshade, Damon Blackblade, Cronin, Ender, etc... and ran around with people like Sir Bev, Cloita, Hosebeast, Krot Kruton, Rufus, etc...

My sis was Sexy Smithy. My RL friends talked her into that name as a joke.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Haart-Napa

Post by Haart-Napa »

I played napa valley up untill power scrolls my main character was Haart I was in the guild The Resistance ^Rv we ended up merging with Byzantine during factions
Smoke weed everyday!

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Haart: You owned the tower in the Heart-Shaped grassy spot, right?
Special Projects Minion.

Haart-Napa

Post by Haart-Napa »

yea that was me :)
Smoke weed everyday!

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

I played Napa from UO release to AoS. Among other names, I was Timmy and Inferno. I stuck around Minoc/Vesper mostly until shortly after T2A, then I stayed mostly to Delucia area and the northern part of Ice Island. I was responsible for such mischief as the Delucian cattle drive where I was jailed for bringing over a hundred cows to the bank and covering every tile on the farmlands outside town with hides(that one took over 7 screen shots to get). Unfortunately my computer crashed and everything on the harddrive was wiped.

Dirx

Post by Dirx »

Air Skippy's! Boy that brings back some memories =)

My main was called Shovel Head, was in guild called Paladin's Heart, some of the other guildies were Hawkmoon, Aravae, Monolith, Zed (& a bunch more I can't remember, sorry in advance if you read this). We also had another anti-pk guild for a while - The Judges, with all the characters named after Judge Dred chars . I think we did that to go battle with The PK guild THe Presidents =)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll think of a bunch of other stuff eventually that happened back in early Napa=ville, I left just after Care Bear land was implemented

Cheers!