NPCs walk through tent walls

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

NPCs walk through tent walls

Post by Mikel123 »

NPCs can apparently walk through tent walls. See attached screenshot, which was taken at approximately x2105, y2005 (whoa - like, practically the center of the world). I am impeded by the tent walls, but the mongbat, harpy, and an npc healer were not at all.
Attachments
NPCs walk through tent.jpg
NPCs walk through tent.jpg (54.6 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Last edited by Mikel123 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: NPCs walk through tent walls

Post by Rammar »

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is a strange phenomonon and I'm not sure the cause, nor do I know if this is OSI accurate. This may be corrected on it's own as we continue to pursue adaption of the OSI AI routines.

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Populus

Post by Populus »

Could be that you are using a different client from the one the server has.

So you see a tent, and you can't pass through it because the client says there is a tent there, when in fact there is no tent there.

Woooah, that's so tense maaaan.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hah - no, I am using the standard 5.0.8.3.

Derrick, if by "routines" you mean the direction in which NPCs walk, or their behavior, then I don't think this will change. It seemed as though they didn't even *see* the wall of the tent there, since they made no attempt to go around it. Regardless, not a huge deal; hopefully someone can find another instance of it so we can start identifying commonalities to try to get at the source of the bug.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote: It seemed as though they didn't even *see* the wall of the tent there, since they made no attempt to go around it. Regardless, not a huge deal; hopefully someone can find another instance of it so we can start identifying commonalities to try to get at the source of the bug.
Aye, the routines are what determines that the NPC sees. There seems to be a disconnect between how the client interprets tents, and how the server interprets them.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."