Taming from 50-GM Speed Tips (Updated 2015)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Taming from 50-GM Speed Tips (Updated 2015)

Post by Roser »

The following is guide to help you become a Grandmaster Animal Tamer at great speed!

The guide breaks down into 3 parts. If you got lucky on your starting skill you will have around 58 "shown" Animal Taming, if not consider remaking for a better roll or cope with the extra hour or two in skill gain time.

Use one simple 3 line macro the entire time, it is as follows:

Use skill Animal Taming
Wait for target (Right click, edit timeout, set to "1")
Target random Grey
loop

To target random grey you can bind it to a hot key in the razor targets section under hot keys.

1) Desert of Compassion, start with 55-58 Shown taming.

Set your tamer up at Compassion Shrine and run the macro. Have the tamer stand close to the water so he can tame every thing over the water. (SW Side of the Ankh is best)

Have an alternate character "Train" (choo choo) all the monsters in the desert over to the shrine area and dump them on your tamer. Nothing is ranged here so your tamer will be safe taming over the water.

Your looking for Scorpions, Giant Spiders, Snakes, Earth Ele's (for killing tames), and if you are so inclined there is a swamp near by you can lure from once your tamer is high enough in skill.

Do this until you hit 77.1 shown taming.

Note that you do not want to release anything you tame, you want the other monster's to kill them off for a faster re-spawn time.

2) Hopper's Bog T2A is your next destination once you have achieved 77.1 taming.

The idea here is exactly the same as in the desert, except you will want to set your tamer up on a nice ledge area where no spawn can reach you via melee range.

Collect all spawn in the swamp, Mongbats, Aligators, Giant Spiders, Snakes, Tentacles (for killing tames), and most important the Giant Toad. Giant Toads can take you to GM if you have the patience.

Do this until you hit 84.9 then head to the next stage.

3) Dungeon Hythloth, Level 2, Tame Hell Hound's only until GM. Starts at 84.9 taming.

You are required to have access to a provoker (50 50 noob will work, so long as you can provoke lesser orc's onto each other). Also you will need preferably a GM healer with GM anatomy, but 80 80 will do.

In Hyth level 2 you will see many people taming in the North hound room. Some use the LOS bug to tame the hounds without even getting hit. This is a good technique if you want to save on band aids, but it is not very fast, and requires a lot of attention to do.

You want to set up in the South room as there is twice the amount of hounds that spawn and plenty of other spawn to assist you in looting and anti grief. You will see a couple cott bed's and a Barrel in the very SE corner of the room beside the double doors. This is your taming spot.

I've marked this picture with 3 yellow X's which represent the "provoked orc's", a Red X that represents the healer, and a Blue X that represents the Tamer.

The idea is to provoke the orc's onto each other from those exact tiles so they act as "blockers" for the other spawn and remain immobile (so long as you don't move the healer or the tamer).

Note, before provoking the Orc's place your healer and tamer in the proper spot and hide/invis them. This will prevent any deaths while setting up. To hide a character in the world without skill in hiding make use of the Gate Travel spell and house steps (50% chance to hide in a house at 0 skill, or 100% if its your own house).

You will want to run a heal macro that heals your tamer every 6-10 seconds depending on how much damage you are taking from fire breath, then make an "If" statement to self heal in case the healer takes damage.

In the past on occasion the hell hound pack spawn would break on server reset, I'm not sure if it still does or not, but if it does, page a GM they will usually fix it.

It is important to make sure to lure any magic using monsters to another part of the dungeon so you don't get EB'ed to death. (Gargoyles and Orc Mages).

Lastly you will notice the orc's loot the gold from all the corpses, so at the end of your session, make sure to kill the orc's and loot a good 60k :D.

GOOD LUCK.
Last edited by Roser on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Omnicron

Re: Taming from 50-GM in 3-4 day's

Post by Omnicron »

The spawn in the Hopper's bog has been toned down quite a bit.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Since when?

If it's still the best source of Giant toad's then its still valid.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

In the pic at the compassion shrine, whats with all the corpses? its that you? will the tamer die a lot at that location?
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Those corpses belong to LeLouche aka Bill Lumburg the bad pk.

He's just a random griefer noob that was trying to halt my macro for kicks. Don't think he plays much anymore.

All these spots are relatively quiet, hyth being the worst of the three.

You must defend from griefers if you wish to macro taming.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Back when I did it, pre-tames gave skill when tamed again, and the required skill went up each time they were released, I just filled my house up with bulls that eventually needed 98 to tame.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Kabal wrote:Back when I did it, pre-tames gave skill when tamed again, and the required skill went up each time they were released, I just filled my house up with bulls that eventually needed 98 to tame.
This is useful info for anyone with a time machine who travels back to 2008 to play on UOSA. Mods, please sticky!

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Mikel123 wrote:
Kabal wrote:Back when I did it, pre-tames gave skill when tamed again, and the required skill went up each time they were released, I just filled my house up with bulls that eventually needed 98 to tame.
This is useful info for anyone with a time machine who travels back to 2008 to play on UOSA. Mods, please sticky!
Just let me gloat in peace, jeez.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Atraxi wrote:In the pic at the compassion shrine, whats with all the corpses? its that you? will the tamer die a lot at that location?
Urk collects trybute from this umie shrine from time to time, when there are some of us on. If you gib shinnies, you should be ok :D
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

blister

Post by blister »

I seem to be running out of giant toads fast... do you kill stuff you dont want to tame like bull frog and stuff like that to have better chances to get giant toads to spawn?

I end up running all around the swamp without finding toads..

any idea?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

blister wrote:I seem to be running out of giant toads fast... do you kill stuff you dont want to tame like bull frog and stuff like that to have better chances to get giant toads to spawn?
Kill them or tame them.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Omnicron wrote:The spawn in the Hopper's bog has been toned down quite a bit.

Edit: There must have been a lot of tamer's out where you were there. Hopper's is still spawning well, its jsut a very slow spawn. So if there is more then one tamer there, then you will not get many toads.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Taming from 50-GM Speed Tips

Post by Roser »

Bump for legitimacy.

ps Hopper's bog has lots of spawn.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I tried the afk macro in Hyth, but nothing spawned there after the first lot of hell hounds died. Paged a GM and none were online, since it was around 3am server time ;/

There's a really good spot on the east side of the room since there are only 2 entry points (behind the barrels) and a mob on each side will completely block the area. Using a dexer with hiding to heal, run a macro while stacked on top of your tamer:

Apply Bandage
Hide (will be revealed for like .1s - chances of ever being targeted are basically 0)
Wait 20s

As long as noone PKs you, the healer will be completely free from taking damage. If I can catch the spawn when it's actually working, I'll be able to raise my taming. I'm way too lazy to actually do the "half attended macro" I posted a while back.. QQ
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Every single time I have checked this room, the hounds are not respawning :(

In the SW corner room, you can hide 2 characters by the closet bed and run the heal/hide macro. The amount of grief here is so bad though that I started macroing fail taming drags in destard. Very slow but not as frustrating as Hyth ;/

I'd recommend just completely removing the "Wait for target" in the macro as it does save time. The result is that you save time by insta retargeting every time your macro targets something non tameable. The bad thing is your screen will get heavily spammed with system messages.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “Guides”