Is resist harder to gain now??

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Is resist harder to gain now??

Post by Fender »

Im working resist on one of my chars and its slow. Really slow. I gm'd magery on 2 chars building resist on this char and its only at 90. Does resist build faster if the mage has eval int?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Is resist harder to gain now??

Post by Mikel123 »

Supposedly, but testing has shown it doesn't really make a difference. Presumably you're using Flamestrike at this point, right?

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fender »

Yea, Im using flamestrike. I think Ill have one char cast FS on the char Im working resist on and that char cast FS on himself. Then a third do the healing.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

May, 21st 2010 Patch Notes

Magic Resist gains are now based partially on damage, in addition to the circle of the spell. This means you cannot gain into high levels of resist while taking minimal damage.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Yew

Post by Yew »

I've noticed the same thing. I built resist up on a character about a month ago at a much faster rate...

Thalomos

Post by Thalomos »

This means no more resist gains in town correct?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Thalomos wrote:This means no more resist gains in town correct?
It seems the only thing that patch changed was to remove the ablility to use Meteor Swarm/Chain Lightning over multiple targets to gain resist (splitting the damage between ~20 people and gaining 20x as fast as just flamestriking yourself). I'd wager a bet you can still use the "cast inside of town from outside of town" strategy to gain resist to GM.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

nightshark wrote:I'd wager a bet you can still use the "cast inside of town from outside of town" strategy to gain resist to GM.
I've done this to GM since the resist patch went in.

Joe

Post by Joe »

Rammar wrote:I've done this to GM since the resist patch went in.
So have one char stand outside of guard zone and cast fs on a char standing inside of guard zone?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Joe wrote:
So have one char stand outside of guard zone and cast fs on a char standing inside of guard zone?
Yes, though in all honesty you don't save that many bandaids and you're missing a good opportunity to skill up healing on an alt. It is a lot easier to speed things up with several casters using this method though.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Rammar wrote:
Joe wrote:
Yes, though in all honesty you don't save that many bandaids and you're missing a good opportunity to skill up healing on an alt. It is a lot easier to speed things up with several casters using this method though.
Wasn't arguing anything about the method, just saying it's possible. I GM all my characters in my house just FSing myself. It takes roughly 60 hours after GMing magery (90-GM resist).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “Guides”