Alchemy Training

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Maleficia

Alchemy Training

Post by Maleficia »

In T2A, you could create a potion using the mortar and pestel as normal. For the second potion and all subsequent potions you could double click the mortar and target the same mortar and it would create the last potion made.

Also, I don't remember if potions would go straight into the keg (if it was already holding the same type) after being made durring T2A or not. If it could, you can't here. If it couldn't, good job on the accuracy :)

Derrick

Re: Alchemy Training

Post by Derrick »

Maleficia wrote:In T2A, you could create a potion using the mortar and pestle as normal. For the second potion and all subsequent potions you could double click the mortar and target the same mortar and it would create the last potion made.

Also, I don't remember if potions would go straight into the keg (if it was already holding the same type) after being made during T2A or not. If it could, you can't here. If it couldn't, good job on the accuracy :)
Thanks, yes it is accurate. I don't know when they changed it so you could craft directly to a keg. Likely when they introduced the new craft menus.

It is indeed inaccurate that there's no "make last" function, that was introduced in era, and you're correct on the way it was used with the mortar and pestle. I just haven't had a chance to put that in yet, but with the pressure on, I'll step it up a notch :)

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Nov. 23, 1999 Patch wrote:Looking at a keg
When empty, single clicking on a potion keg will return the message "a specially lined keg for holding potions".
When filled, single clicking on a potion keg will return:
"A keg of (color) liquid" for non-owners and anyone else that has not used taste-id on the barrel.
"A keg of (potion type)" for the owner or those who have used the Taste Id skill on the keg (up to 5 at a time).A filled keg will also return a message giving a general description of how full it is.

Filling the potion keg
...Parts edited out by me to shorten post...
Potions can be crafted directly in the keg if there are no bottles in the alchemist�s backpack.
After you begin to make a potion you will be given a targeting cursor.
Clicking on the potion keg will add one potion.
The same rules apply to this method as for dragging a potion onto the keg.
http://web.archive.org/web/200002291156 ... gn_42.html

This is actually the patch that introduced the potion kegs. I bring this up, only because I was looking to verify another bug, and certainly wasn't looking to dispute your ruling on the autofill to the kegs. The new bug is that the potion kegs I have made with my alchemist identify as a "color" potion. To the creator and filler of the keg, it should be identified as the type of potion that is created.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Maleficia wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/200002291156 ... gn_42.html

This is actually the patch that introduced the potion kegs. I bring this up, only because I was looking to verify another bug, and certainly wasn't looking to dispute your ruling on the autofill to the kegs. The new bug is that the potion kegs I have made with my alchemist identify as a "color" potion. To the creator and filler of the keg, it should be identified as the type of potion that is created.
Nice find. I didn't know this about crafting directly to keg.
I've been aware of the problem with identifiability of potion kegs. We have a major inaccuracy with identification globally in that once something is identified, it's ided to everyone. In era, each person had to identify the item. When we created the kegs we figured we'd fix the id problem when we overhauled the ID system, but still haven't gotten to it.

Thanks. I'll at least get the craft to keg done as soon as possible.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Is this still on the table to be implemented?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the bump. This will be in the next publish.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Is this in? If I don't have a bottle in my backpack it says I don't have all the required materials.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sorry, only part of it is in. The Crafting to keg part is yet to be done.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Has this direct to keg fix still in process?
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's still on the list, sorry that it didn't make it into last patch.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”