UOSA Installer, Razor, and .NET

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Pristiq

UOSA Installer, Razor, and .NET

Post by Pristiq »

This isn't so much a bug in the game as it is a bug with the installer. When using the installer and checking only the client to be installed, the installer checks to see if you have .NET 2.0 installed and if not, prompts you to install it. However, when you check no, the installer gets all pissy and closes on you. I don't see why one would need .NET 2.0 when not installing Razor.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Dagon

Re: UOSA Installer, Razor, and .NET

Post by Dagon »

I guess it can be changed, but anyone playing here will more likely than not be using Razor, so if there's no .NET installed then..................................

Are you bitching because you're using linux and would have to install .NET some other way, so you don't want the client install to do it?

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Take it up with Microsoft for them making so many programs dependent on .Net, it sucks even worse if you're on vista. I had to fiddle with so many things just to install it without errors

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Ummmmmm ok, thanks, but Microsoft has nothing to do with this.

Also Microsoft does not force anything to use .NET, it's a programmers choice to use the framework. And Vista includes .NET, so I'm not sure where you're going with that one either.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Dagon wrote:I guess it can be changed, but anyone playing here will more likely than not be using Razor, so if there's no .NET installed then..................................

Are you bitching because you're using linux and would have to install .NET some other way, so you don't want the client install to do it?
No I had the client do it and it had no problems. I just hadn't felt like installing Razor at the time.

Way to come across as an elitist douche, Dagon. Not that that's new for you or anything.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!