LOS Issue

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
a-potheada

LOS Issue

Post by a-potheada »

Im unable to pick up an item on the other side of reagents. I noticed it with one stack on my floor then set up a line with each one, and all 8 are stopping me from picking up items on the opposite side of them. Used several different items, was able to pick the reagents up from the other side of the items.
haha, i was high when i made my forum account. so i ended up with "a-potheada" im l33t speller

Derrick

Re: LOS Issue

Post by Derrick »

a-potheada wrote:Im unable to pick up an item on the other side of reagents. I noticed it with one stack on my floor then set up a line with each one, and all 8 are stopping me from picking up items on the opposite side of them. Used several different items, was able to pick the reagents up from the other side of the items.
Thanks, looking into this. There is a similar issue which tree's blocking LOS that may be related.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

I'm having a strange issue related to LOS as well. I am unable to pick up unlocked items (in my case cloth) from underneath locked down items (in my case foot stools.) Has only happened since the last patch.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

fox_phyre wrote:I'm having a strange issue related to LOS as well. I am unable to pick up unlocked items (in my case cloth) from underneath locked down items (in my case foot stools.) Has only happened since the last patch.
Footstools are an interesting item, they are flagged as surfaces, and as such you can walk on them. They behave as floors, so if they are on top of your cloth, the cloth is essentially under a floor; you will not be able to reach it. You should be able to see the cloth, footstools do not block like of sight, but you will not be able to actually pick it up.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

gustopalis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by gustopalis »

this aint right.

Cant open a secure in my own house, nor can i pick it up, trash it, or anything.
Attachments
los.bmp
los.bmp (246.85 KiB) Viewed 1803 times

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

gustopalis wrote:this aint right.

Cant open a secure in my own house, nor can i pick it up, trash it, or anything.
This is actually partially an error in the message, the item is actualy being considered out of reach presently, this will be fixed in the morning.

The problem is due to the way that the ability to place items on the sides of towers was implemented (incorrectly) some time ago, and is not compatible with the more correct "reach" restrictions related to patch 138. Thanks for your patience.

See also: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24043

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

Check out the LOS at the Shame Level 4 chest (the one with the 2 water ele's guarding it.)

The chest is on a platform in the middle of the lake with another level 2 chest. If you were to unlock the level 4 chest, and step back towards the north in the middle of the two raised sections of the platform (the chest is somewhat lower), and try to cast telekinesis on the chest, you get a message that reads: "target cannot be seen".

The only way to "pop" the chest (without dying) is to step on the tile on the "top left" of the screen, and then cast Tele.

I would hope this is a bug because there is absolutely no reason why my character would not be able to see a chest that is 4 tiles away with nothing blocking it. The location on the Y axis may be slightly lower, but that's not a logical reason why I wouldn't be able to see it. I would assume that this is possible, say, in the main room of Destard where the chests are on uneven surfaces.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SoundofGod wrote:Check out the LOS at the Shame Level 4 chest (the one with the 2 water ele's guarding it.)

The chest is on a platform in the middle of the lake with another level 2 chest. If you were to unlock the level 4 chest, and step back towards the north in the middle of the two raised sections of the platform (the chest is somewhat lower), and try to cast telekinesis on the chest, you get a message that reads: "target cannot be seen".

The only way to "pop" the chest (without dying) is to step on the tile on the "top left" of the screen, and then cast Tele.

I would hope this is a bug because there is absolutely no reason why my character would not be able to see a chest that is 4 tiles away with nothing blocking it. The location on the Y axis may be slightly lower, but that's not a logical reason why I wouldn't be able to see it. I would assume that this is possible, say, in the main room of Destard where the chests are on uneven surfaces.
I checked this out. The platform is substancially higher than the height of the chest, you should not be able to see this at this distance and angle :/ sry
Attachments
this location has los
this location has los
lvl4shame4.jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 1739 times