Taming bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
checkmate

Taming bug

Post by checkmate »

I was in Brit GY and a frenzied ostard was running around. It was tamed prior as its name was "a".

It aggro'd me and was attacking me, but the GY fence was blocking it.

I tried to tame it as I thought I was on my tamer, but I was on an alt with 0 taming.
Strangely it tried to tame, and it succeeded -- I was able to re-tame it with 13.1 taming (0 real) with the success message of "That was hardly a challenge" or something similar.

But I couldn't control it, "all" commands did nothing, nor could I tame it again, so I just left.

That's all I got.

Alex the Artist

Re: Taming bug

Post by Alex the Artist »

From what I understand, after an animal has been tamed, it's difficulty goes down to zero. That way, you can't macro tame/release and gain off the same animal over and over. So, once some one tames an animal, anyone can retame it as it's difficulty is now null.

I could be wrong though.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

This is how retaming should function here afaik, as you should be able to retame any animal but trying to control it still checks your taming and lore to determine the success of those commands.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Difficulty to tame is 0, but the difficulty to command is still what it would be for its normal first owner. So you could presumably ride it, but you wouldn't be able to tell it to follow you or anything else.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, this is working properly.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."