Step by Step Guide to SecondAge growth with examples

Topics related to Second Age
BloodyBandage

Step by Step Guide to SecondAge growth with examples

Post by BloodyBandage »

Step by Step Guide to SecondAge growth with examples', 'If you TRULY want to help this shard become BIG (I don't believe a free shard has to stay small because it's an old game...people are playing some really trash online games) look to the ways below...if you don\'t then this is pointless talk..and we know talk is cheap .

Voting - On top free shard lists, most do this daily, including myself

Forum Posts - Sign up to game related forums and post a signature link to UOSecondage.com with something like this Oldschool Ultima Online PvP Shard

"Public Forum Accounts" <-- Please use these accounts below to just post when you feel like helping out..it is already setup with signature links back to this site...don't be ignorant and make your post read like an advertisement...just post and let the signature do the work.

This one no longer works.. uoforums.com delets sigs to free shards. \nhttp://www.uoforums.com/ Login: UOlover PW: uolover
Example post: \nhttp://www.uoforums.com/f1315/trammel-3 ... post347283

\nhttp://uo.burstfire.net/forums/index.php Login: UOlover PW: uolover
Example post:\nhttp://uo.burstfire.net/forums/index.ph ... ntry285768

\nhttp://uo.warcry.com/forums/ Login: UOlover PW: uoloverlover
\nhttp://uo.warcry.com/forums/read/288.61059#486465
(no forum signature on this one..had to manually make one)

Social bookmarking - Submitting the site to all social bookmarking places like CharacterPlanet, Digg, etc, etc and voting on them if already submitted.Digg UO Secondage ...I submitted to just about every site on this list http://socialmarker.com/, feel free to search and vote it up on sites you are apart of.

Social networking - talk about the shard on networks such as Myspace, Facebook, CharacterPlanet,; a good way is to form groups or use the blogs/forums hosted by these sites.

Word of mouth...don't be ashamed to hype this up to friends or even random people.

Playing - by playing you keep the community active

Most of us are doing steps 1 and 7 but we are missing a lot of ways to promote. Granted you won't be paid for your efforts but they are certainly a worthy cause as making this a big shard will be more fun for you and everyone else. If you are interested in any of the above but don't know how to approach it reply in here or pm. I will be promoting this shard in various ways and if you want to help that would be great.

Plus we know this isn't a lost cause as Derrick, Nevermore, yourself, and everyone else involved is committed to not having to play Club Penguin for fun ;p
Last edited by Derrick on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: removed broken links

nubblie

Re: Step by Step Guide to SecondAge growth with examples

Post by nubblie »

i dugg it.... :)

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

good post. I also beleive alot of people will come if they know how truly close this is to replicating t2a. Its probably 99% matched and will be 100% soon enough.Make sure to mention that :) or else people will probably think its just another uog:divinity or other bs server.

I know I took a hard long look at the forums here because I've seen these types of servers come up saying how t2a accurate they are and such and when you install, load and check em out, they aren't even close...

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

nubblie wrote:i dugg it.... :)
Awesome, thank you

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry »

Derrick wheres the sticky? This thread deserves it.

Everyone go digg it.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Very good post! Thanks BloodyBandage.
If anyone else submits articles on other sites such as reddit and StumbleUpon don't hesitate to post it on here so we can all bump it :)

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

I beleive talk on the forms is KEY. When looking for a new shard to join, you want to make sure its not dieing, and the economy is not lame. I know a lot of people use the IRC chat to trade and conduct business, but posting sale of items, guild chat, guild recruitment etc all helps show activity within the shard.

Lets BOOST this shar up, and get some good times rollin!

OH, and a Side note . . . Those Reds camping my house randomly killing me, running up murder counts without getting loot . . . No fear, Im less then a week old . . . You all will get whats coming to yo u:-)

GAME ON!

~Murugan / Divinar
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

Ram

Post by Ram »

If you could do a new Digg on a specific day, post an announcement for that day and then have everyone from the shard Digg on that day, you could get the Digg to the front page where it would really take off.

The key is you have to concentrate the diggs into that first 24 hours it is posted, which means planing the Digg for a specific day and getting the word out to everyone to Digg it on that day.

mak1

Post by mak1 »

I just typed in 'UO Shard' in google and looked through the list...

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Gday all,

Just wondering, has there been a T2A facebook group set up? I had a search but couldn't find one. Definitely agree this could help grow the shard somewhat...

I know Derrick already has more than enough to keep him busy but may be one of the more senior players could set this up?

Cheers

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Great idea. Thanks.
Yeah, I don't do the FaceBook and MySpace things, but I think it would be great to set this up.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:Great idea. Thanks.
Yeah, I don't do the FaceBook and MySpace things, but I think it would be great to set this up.
Well, if you want one or both of them, I suggest you register them and then find someone to update/design it for you. That way its tied to your email and you have control over it. In addition, it'll help ensure that 15 different people on this site don't all make their own and claim its the official (counter productive).
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis »

Dugg it

kataran

Post by kataran »

Ronk wrote:
Derrick wrote:Great idea. Thanks.
Well, if you want one or both of them, I suggest you register them and then find someone to update/design it for you. That way its tied to your email and you have control over it. In addition, it'll help ensure that 15 different people on this site don't all make their own and claim its the official (counter productive).
It's funny, I was actually coming to the forums to ask if anyone thought about making a Facebook group - not only would it be awesome advertising, but it's always fun to see the people you're playing with :wink:

If one wasn't set up (and it doesn't sound like one is), I was going to volunteer, but Ronk makes a couple great points, and I think his suggestion is best - as he said, it allows you to keep control, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd volunteer to help manage it if you weren't interested.

Honestly though, I'm constantly receiving invites for stupid games on Facebook... somehow those games are exceptionally popular, yet they're so mind-numbingly boring - I find MUDs more entertaining. Put a REAL, FREE, FUN game out there, and I'd expect the response would be pretty good :D

And another random suggestion (no flames please!) - ever thought of signing up for Google AdSense or related advertisements? I've found the Google text ads to be the most inconspicuous, and putting small ads like that on the site, in a worst case scenario, would at least provide a little extra revenue for the server. Of course to be honest, one of the things that drew me in originally was the fact the webpage was uncluttered by advertisements as I've seen on some other shard pages. So this one is really hit-or-miss.

Anyways, just some thoughts, but I can definitely see the social networking sites as a huge source of untapped potential!
-kat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I've not the time to set this up myself. And certainly have no ambition to have a myspece or facebook account. Ronk does make an excelent point, but as a puny mortal i can only do so much.

If anyone would like to jusmp on this, and I don't know how it works, but if there could be multiple admins it would probably be desireable as we don't want it to be orphaned once established.

Thanks!