Backround sounds

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
mungrin

Backround sounds

Post by mungrin »

I dont know if this is server side or from RUNUO but im 100% positive this was in T2A.
Back in the day,OSI made unattended macroing illegal so i would macro but kinda stare at my screen from afar so no GMs would show up and jail me and i remember my house was in a swamp and i would fall asleep everynight macroing with the swamp sounds in the backround.Sound like frogs or something.When i had a house in the jungle it was jungle sounds,in the forrest it was like forrest sounds with birds chirping and so on.You can hear these sounds in InsideUO if ya wanna check em out.I use to hear those sounds everynight.Brings back memories.
These sounds are not on any of the player run shards i dont think or atleast ive never heard them since OSI.

Derrick

Re: Backround sounds

Post by Derrick »

mungrin wrote:I dont know if this is server side or from RUNUO but im 100% positive this was in T2A.
Back in the day,OSI made unattended macroing illegal so i would macro but kinda stare at my screen from afar so no GMs would show up and jail me and i remember my house was in a swamp and i would fall asleep everynight macroing with the swamp sounds in the backround.Sound like frogs or something.When i had a house in the jungle it was jungle sounds,in the forrest it was like forrest sounds with birds chirping and so on.You can hear these sounds in InsideUO if ya wanna check em out.I use to hear those sounds everynight.Brings back memories.
These sounds are not on any of the player run shards i dont think or atleast ive never heard them since OSI.
Yeah, I delinately remember these sounds. I never even noticed they were missing.
Nice find.

mungrin

Post by mungrin »

was this ever added here?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nay, not yet. There are some music issues too which have been diligently reseached but have not yet been corrected.

Thanks very much for resurecting this. Typically the squeaky wheel gets the grease (unless it's a 50 page thread of people bashing each other).
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

apropos sounds

I think the sound@death of female chars is missing a very bright scream.

I could prolly be wrong but i remeber different sounds from playing sphere 51a back in 2000. Sphereserver tried to emulate t2a as well - it was more a mix of t2a and UO:R (a more origin UO but with dyeable masks and no statloss). whatever!

dont get me wrong.. not that i like to hear women dying :twisted:

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

The music/sound is big part of the nostalgia for me. Here's to hoping!

+1 mungrin
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Homie wrote:apropos sounds

I could prolly be wrong but i remeber different sounds from playing sphere 51a back in 2000. Sphereserver tried to emulate t2a as well - it was more a mix of t2a and UO:R (a more origin UO but with dyeable masks and no statloss). whatever!

Free shards had more death cries than OSI in era, which I believe were just 1 for female, 1 for male.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

the death sounds are kinda sexual

mungrin

Post by mungrin »

nightshark wrote:
Homie wrote:apropos sounds

Free shards had more death cries than OSI in era, which I believe were just 1 for female, 1 for male.
Correct 1 for male and 1 for female however,when a female NPC died it was a higher pitched version of the male death.