Easel with Canvas

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Segellion

Easel with Canvas

Post by Segellion »

I think there's a bit of a mixup with the craftable item "Easels"

I could have sworn when I was working carpentry on Atlantic that the "Easels with Canvas" was a craftable item however they were given the item name "Easel"

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... em&id=2025

i know that this is an up to date version of the stratics database and doesn't have much weight..

But here is a posting of a rares auction where some guy is selling an easel without canvas for 1 mil
http://www.uoforums.com/uo-rares/75181- ... l-3rd.html

Which would suggest that an empty canvas is more of a rare..

Also if you check out this entry on markee dragons website back in 2001:
http://web.archive.org/web/200011090413 ... /index.cfm

We can see that the empty easel was considered a rare, and almost seems like a server birth item. If it was considered a rare back in 2001, then there's no possible way they were craftable 2 years earlier.

So having said that, I would like to see easel with canvas added as a craftable item, and/or added as a spawning rare.

Segellion

Re: Easel with Canvas

Post by Segellion »

Does something like this seem too irrelevant to address? Or taken seriously?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

It's worth bringing up. I didn't reply because I've never noticed anything about easels except they're annoying walls in houses and I wished people wouldn't use them for that.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Segellion wrote:Does something like this seem too irrelevant to address? Or taken seriously?
It's been taken seriously, this was changed in a mini-patch a few days ago.
This will be in the next patch notes, a bigger patch is on it's way. I did not want to comment until it was done for fear of players hording the old style in anticipation of the change.

"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

You guys work pretty fast, sorry about that Derrick.

Currently they can't be rotated to face different directions, will this be something addressed in a later patch?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Segellion wrote:You guys work pretty fast, sorry about that Derrick.

Currently they can't be rotated to face different directions, will this be something addressed in a later patch?
I was notaware that they were rotatable in era. I jumped on this without reviewing the entirety of your source material as this was completely a mistake in the crafting menu on day one. I definately remeber the easel's being this way, they were forever strewn around the woods near yew in era by those training carpentry. I will look into the facings, and correct as appropriate. Thanks again :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."