Dragon "all guard me" command still broken

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dragon "all guard me" command still broken

Post by GuardianKnight »

Noticing that the guard command only works half the time still. The dragons all flag grey 100% of the time when using it but they only actually guard you some of the time. I could be hit 10 times and my dragon will sit there flagged and do nothing.

If there is a way to make this work that i am not seeing, please let me know. As it stands....dragons are laughing at me when i die.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Dragon "all guard me" command still broken

Post by Mikel123 »

In my experience, saying "all guard me" doesn't turn them gray all of the time. It only does it if they succeed the control check (just like any other command). So often times when I say "all guard me", only 2 of my 3 dragons will turn gray. That's how I know I need to say it again, to get the third one to turn gray and getting him guarding me.

As for the functionality of "guarding", I think you're correct that things only truly guard you some of the time. For example, if I have dragons guarding me and a gazer attacks me, they will go after it. But, if I am in war mode with dragons guarding me and I double-click on the gazer to attack it, they often won't go after it. AS I understand guarding, aggression, etc., I believe they should go after it right away.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

all guard me only works if the monster flagged you, not if you attacked it, then said all guard me..

the mob/player has to be the aggressor in order for it to work properly
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Sandro wrote:all guard me only works if the monster flagged you, not if you attacked it, then said all guard me..

the mob/player has to be the aggressor in order for it to work properly

I had my pets guarding me and i got flamestriked by a gazer. They stood there. Something is still off here.
I know they are guarding me because they do that weird swagger "i got balls" walk behind me . And then they chuckle as i get the crap beat outta me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Possible that you flagged the mob within the 2 minutes of aggression then. Even if you broke LOS, the 2 minute aggressor timer would still make you, the aggressor. I've never witnessed a time when the pets wouldn't obey the guard command, given the circumstances are correct.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

its completely broken, ANY testing of this will show how much so. Stop your blah blah explanations of a problem you apparently dont understand and actually take a look at it.

I had noticed this not too long ago after starting back and I was tempted to say: "I know you broke the All Guard Me command, please stop gimping tamers. Its insulting to the mass amount of effort we put into getting taming gmed."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Taboo wrote:I was tempted to say: "I know you broke the All Guard Me command, please stop gimping tamers. Its insulting to the mass amount of effort we put into getting taming gmed."
I'm glad you were able to resist this tempation.

I'll take a look at this.

Note on guarding, they will only attack when you are initially attacked; I don't know if this may explain part of it. LOS may be playing into it too? In any case it does seem like something may be off. Thanks.

Theres is a lot not quite right about the AI that will (or may) also offset these other issues. For example, currently it's possible to get a pack of wolves to attack a dragon, pets are not "sizing up" thier opponents as they should. This is only one example of why the entire pet AI needs a lot of rework/rewrite, and this has been pending for some time now.

Thanks for the thread
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Derrick wrote:
Taboo wrote:I was tempted to say: "I know you broke the All Guard Me command, please stop gimping tamers. Its insulting to the mass amount of effort we put into getting taming gmed."
I'm glad you were able to resist this tempation.

yep yep ^_^

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Massive amount of effort to gm taming? (Wow this is an old thread)

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

drama from more then one is the best way to get something looked into. im amazed you noticed matron :lol:

its actually exploited

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

nevermind to this. its not for me to point out exploits. i kinda have better things to do anyway :/

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”