Earth ele

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
andersej

Earth ele

Post by andersej »

Yea im not sure where you pulled your loot history for earth eles but t2a they gave 200-300g some gems and iron ore 3-6. I remember when lord blackthorn came out they changed the loot on them and it pissed me off cause i used to farm them alot. But I am going off of stoner memory so correct me if your are dead certain i am wrong.
This message has been approved by a Tank

Faust

Re: Earth ele

Post by Faust »

Earth Elementals did not give gold until the loot rewrite for UOR was implemented and the information for their loot is on the '99 stratics web site that can be seen at the internet archives.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:Earth Elementals did not give gold until the loot rewrite for UOR was implemented and the information for their loot is on the '99 stratics web site that can be seen at the internet archives.
can't be right. i distinctly remember hunting earth elementals on my first character in apr '99, they most certainly dropped gold. had they not i would never have farmed them.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Hildigam

Post by Hildigam »

Earth Eles before UOR would drop random gems, some slivers of ore, and a chance for fertile dirt.

Faust

Post by Faust »

nightshark wrote:
Faust wrote:Earth Elementals did not give gold until the loot rewrite for UOR was implemented and the information for their loot is on the '99 stratics web site that can be seen at the internet archives.
can't be right. i distinctly remember hunting earth elementals on my first character in apr '99, they most certainly dropped gold. had they not i would never have farmed them.
Earth Elementals did not drop gold during t2a and this is a well known fact... the only time that they did during the Pre:UOR timeframe was prior to t2a before the major loot overhaul from the static bag gold drops that exist in the demo.

Finding a complaint about the earth elemental loot took all but 10 seconds to find.
Mar 1, 1999 - http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.computer.ultima.online/browse_thread/thread/e9e834307cbef56/7b99b693ae53adda?lnk=gst&q=1999%2Bearth%2Bloot# wrote: 1) Please restore monster loot to the level it was at before it was
patched the last time. When people were complaining about not finding
anything interesting on monster corpses, they were talking about magic
items, not jars of honey and coconuts. Earth Elementals now provide 2
gems and 5 small pieces of ore
, oh joy! No one bothers to kill them
now, instead just running through the gauntlet at Shame to the lower
levels. Ditch the useless items, increase the gold count and provide a
moderate chance of finding magic weapons on the higher level critters'
corpses.

andersej

Post by andersej »

Thanks for the info! My memory must be stuck in UO:R
This message has been approved by a Tank

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It might be a fact, but clearly it's not a well-known fact.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Guess it isn't.. but figured it was for most.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

OT since Faust has already proved it, but yeah c'mon Faust. You can't expect most people to know what an earth elemental dropped in '99. I don't know why the hell I was farming shame lv1, I guess I was skill gaining. Lets leave opinion (most people remember, aka ur an idiot) out of era accuracy and just put forth what we remember/have researched!

Ironic that a thread calling for more earth ele loot, is going to get the earth ele loot nerfed to nothing.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

This was a well known fact for me quite like the crazy air elemental loot/farming spots of shame... figured the earth elemental loot was like that for most people that played t2a too since it was one of the worst forms of loot in the game. Shame was the only other alternative when there was no bone wall for combat skill gains. The loot was just awful for gaining combat skills solo unlike the bone wall though.