Lost my account... =/

Moderator: Support Moderators

piggles84

Lost my account... =/

Post by piggles84 »

Hey there. I used to play a long time ago, but I switched to WoW. I'm back now though, but I've lost my old account username and whats worse is I can't get into my email that had the account. Is there anyway to get help for that?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Lost my account... =/

Post by Chaos »

You could pm Derrick he may be able to help you though I'm not sure either way.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

piggles84

Post by piggles84 »

Thanks, I'll give that a try :)

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

He may be able to give you encrypted passwords or password hashes. If so, there are programs that can crack them...especially if you used simple passwords.

http://www.openwall.com/john/

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/94/24/
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Possibly if you tell him the exact email addy you had then, that might be enough as proof that it's your account also.

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

Malaikat wrote:He may be able to give you encrypted passwords or password hashes. If so, there are programs that can crack them...especially if you used simple passwords.
If the server is using salts along with something more secure than md5 (ripemd160, tiger, sha2), finding a hash collision isn't likely. But that seems beside the point: If Derrick was willing to give out a hash, he would surely be willing to change the password for him, ...but I guess it might be useful to have if he needs the password for his email, if it's the same.

Even if it were likely to crack a secure salted hash, you would only be finding a collision, not likely to ever be the actual original password, and only for that specific hashing algorithm. So he would have to hope that his email service was using the exact same algorithm with the exact same salt.

Return to “New Player Help”