A few questions about fishing

Moderator: Support Moderators

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

A few questions about fishing

Post by Lucifuge »

So about a week ago I decided to make a fisherman. So far so good, I got fishing up to 95 (not afk, I swear) but I haven't found a single level 1 treasure map. Does strength and dexterity play any part in the ability to fish? My str is only 39 and dex 35, if I had higher of both would it make fishing more effective or is it based purely on skill?

Regarding Mib's, does they require skill in cartography to read them? Also, how many chests are there per mib? Multiple or just one?

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: A few questions about fishing

Post by applejack »

Creeper wrote:So about a week ago I decided to make a fisherman. So far so good, I got fishing up to 95 (not afk, I swear) but I haven't found a single level 1 treasure map. Does strength and dexterity play any part in the ability to fish? My str is only 39 and dex 35, if I had higher of both would it make fishing more effective or is it based purely on skill?

Regarding Mib's, does they require skill in cartography to read them? Also, how many chests are there per mib? Multiple or just one?
You should be able to start fishing up maps at 90. Only your fishing skill should affect that, not your stats. Probably just bad luck so far. Welcome to fishing. :/

As for MIBs, no skill in cartography needed. Just double click the bottle and it will turn into a SOS with coordinates on it. You will get one chest at the location, along with the possibility of other random items such as paintings or body parts, which can be three different levels. The level will either have approximately 1k, 2k, or 3k gold, along with magical items / jewels / regs. The more gold that's in it, the higher the level and the more of the other stuff in it as well.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

Great, thanks a lot!

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

Ok, I have another question and I'm scared of the answer. Do you have to kill the serpents to get the treasure maps/mibs? I've been running from every serpent I come across, and since hitting 90, I've been fishing for hours and hours with not even a single map.

Naughtington
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Naughtington »

You'll occasionally get a map from a serpent but most of them and all the MiB's come up like a fish, without a serpent attached to it. You might want to get some magery out there on the boat with you. Serps are a constant out there and you will eventually have to deal with them.

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

Naughtington wrote:You might want to get some magery out there on the boat with you. PoD are a constant out there and you will eventually have to deal with them.
*fixed

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

Yea good call, I have 53 magery which is good enough for some wimpy spells. I have all the ship commands hotkeyed to the number pad so I can make some snappy getaways.

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

Got my first treasure map finally. Cue celebration :P

Return to “New Player Help”