IDOC Questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

shire99

IDOC Questions

Post by shire99 »

I have been wanting to do some more IDOCs lately and I wanted to know a little more about how the whole process works.

1. It goes from new, somewhat worn, fairly worn, greatly worn, idoc? I'm not sure but this is my guess based on what I've seen. How long does each of these stages last?

2. The second a house goes IDOC, it will collapse in 17 hours from that point? I've heard 17+1 but I'm not sure what that means.

3. I was at an IDOC and the sign never said the word "Condemned". However, I have seen houses with the title "this house is condemned and IDOC" as their name. Is this just a change in wording that Derrick implemented, or do these people have it wrong? Perhaps the condemned word means that even if the door is opened, the house won't be refreshed? If so, then when does it become condemned and, if not, then can an IDOC (not condemned) not be refreshed?

4. Lastly, when I was trying to place a house at the last IDOC site there was lots of junk in the way from the house that nobody wanted. Is it necessary to move this out of the way? What non-natural structures will stop a house from being placed? Will mob corpses block the spot? PCs? if so what stops me from planting a hidden character there until I wish to move it (provided I can keep it alive)?

That was a mouthful, so I tried to break it up so that not only my post, but also the responses, don't ramble unnecessarily.

Thanks for reading and responding!

Downs

Re: IDOC Questions

Post by Downs »

1. It goes from new, somewhat worn, fairly worn, greatly worn, idoc? I'm not sure but this is my guess based on what I've seen. How long does each of these stages last?

New is 2 hours, greatly is 3 days, the rest idk

2. The second a house goes IDOC, it will collapse in 17 hours from that point? I've heard 17+1 but I'm not sure what that means.

ive heard similar

3. I was at an IDOC and the sign never said the word "Condemned". However, I have seen houses with the title "this house is condemned and IDOC" as their name. Is this just a change in wording that Derrick implemented, or do these people have it wrong? Perhaps the condemned word means that even if the door is opened, the house won't be refreshed? If so, then when does it become condemned and, if not, then can and IDOC (not condemned) not be refreshed?

condemned means the account got banned or the owner hasn't logged in in 3 months, and someone else is refreshing it. if it is condemned, it cannot be refreshed unless the owner logs in. some people (myself included) name our houses "In danger of collapsing." this once caused my brother to camp an idoc for 3 days

4. Lastly, when I was trying to place a house at the last IDOC site there was lots of junk in the way from the house that nobody wanted. Is it necessary to move this out of the way? What non-natural structures will stop a house from being placed? Will mob corpses block the spot? PCs? if so what stops me from planting a hidden character there until I wish to move it (provided I can keep it alive)?

yes you have to move the junk
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

To expand a bit on the answers:
Downs wrote:1. It goes from new, somewhat worn, fairly worn, greatly worn, idoc? I'm not sure but this is my guess based on what I've seen. How long does each of these stages last?

New is 2 hours, greatly is 3 days, the rest idk
It is generally 14 days from like new to gone. Not sure of the exact length of each stage...except for idoc which is the next question.
Downs wrote:2. The second a house goes IDOC, it will collapse in 17 hours from that point? I've heard 17+1 but I'm not sure what that means.

ive heard similar
As far as I've seen, it means it will fall any moment between 17 and 18 hours after the second it went IDOC. The general consensus it goes up to 18 hours.
Downs wrote:3. I was at an IDOC and the sign never said the word "Condemned". However, I have seen houses with the title "this house is condemned and IDOC" as their name. Is this just a change in wording that Derrick implemented, or do these people have it wrong? Perhaps the condemned word means that even if the door is opened, the house won't be refreshed? If so, then when does it become condemned and, if not, then can and IDOC (not condemned) not be refreshed?

condemned means the account got banned or the owner hasn't logged in in 3 months, and someone else is refreshing it. if it is condemned, it cannot be refreshed unless the owner logs in. some people (myself included) name our houses "In danger of collapsing." this once caused my brother to camp an idoc for 3 days
Yes, you have to distinguish between the house's name, and it's actual "wear" status. As Downs said, if someone has his acct banned, then the house will become "condemned", this means it will no longer be refreshed by friends/coowners and is in it's final 14 days of existance. I don't know if condemned also applies if you delete a character who owns a house. As far as the actual house owner not logging on to refresh, I thought I read somewhere it was 6 months.
Downs wrote:4. Lastly, when I was trying to place a house at the last IDOC site there was lots of junk in the way from the house that nobody wanted. Is it necessary to move this out of the way? What non-natural structures will stop a house from being placed? Will mob corpses block the spot? PCs? if so what stops me from planting a hidden character there until I wish to move it (provided I can keep it alive)?

yes you have to move the junk
Yes, all junk MUST be moved, corpses will obstruct, animals, mobs, NPC's and PC's will block placement. Ghosts no longer do. Nothing stops you from planting a hidden char there to "cock block" placement, but just be mindful that IDOCs are tracker/detect hidden/reveal fests if that's your plan.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

condemned means that the owner has not logged into that account for 180 days

even if one's account does get banned that does not automatically condemn that players housing

afaik the only way a house can be condemned is if you do not log into the owner's account for 180 days
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Sandro wrote:condemned means that the owner has not logged into that account for 180 days

even if one's account does get banned that does not automatically condemn that players housing

afaik the only way a house can be condemned is if you do not log into the owner's account for 180 days
Patch 123: House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days, 30 days if account if banned.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

shire99

Post by shire99 »

I certainly do appreciate all the responses.

I believe there remains one last bit of info unanswered and that is this: If an IDOC has its door opened by its proper owner, will it remain IDOC or will it refresh?

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

it will refresh.

shire99

Post by shire99 »

My questions are answered. Thanks.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Hicha wrote:Patch 123: House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days, 30 days if account if banned.
Nice find.

Guess I missed that one
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

shire99 wrote:I certainly do appreciate all the responses.

I believe there remains one last bit of info unanswered and that is this: If an IDOC has its door opened by its proper owner, will it remain IDOC or will it refresh?
I've seen people do this on purpose before. They let their house go IDOC, then watch the chaos that insues, then right before you expect it to fall, they log in and refresh. It's quite maddening if you've spent all night camping the place!
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Downs

Post by Downs »

What? Spam bot?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Return to “New Player Help”