Swing on the run (dexing)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Swing on the run (dexing)

Post by nightshark »

I smell a grudge
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

nightshark wrote:I smell a grudge
a field grudge? he has 50 int. why do you think he's never on the field? even if he went to 25 int i would run circles around him, miniheal, and spank him. but that's for another topic

tanmits

Post by tanmits »

LOL @ using that char as "evidence" that dexers are OK. There's no grudge here because that is absolute bollocks and you know it. How many reflect charges, GT and +25 vanq weaps, and DP kegs did it take to get that many wins? I'd wager that if that char is even profitable, it is just barely.
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

tanmits wrote:LOL @ using that char as "evidence" that dexers are OK. There's no grudge here because that is absolute bollocks and you know it. How many reflect charges, GT and +25 vanq weaps, and DP kegs did it take to get that many wins? I'd wager that if that char is even profitable, it is just barely.
That's the thing. Dexers stacked with 100k worth of magic items in a 10x10 box are by far the most dominating char. You can have 50+ ar, little to no dex loss, magic reflect on demand, and weapons that do 40 hp and cast fireball/lightning...oh yea and poison.

That's a terrible anecdote to provide for dexers being viable since that scenario is so specialized (and not era accurate lol) and does not apply to most people who would want to play a dexer.

This situation is an unfortunate product of our current connection speeds and the mechanics of this era. I'm starting to think that dexers will always suck on this shard unless you're ready to blow 20k in teleport charges just running after your target that has 25 of each reg and a GM hally.

Oh well.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Don't forget about the greater explosion potions that can be thrown at will, with absolutely nothing getting in the way, in the tournament that has nothing to do with T2A.

Drax's tourny record is strictly for the "Magics pots and poisons" tourney.... I'm not sure nightshark, if that post was a troll attempt or just for the sake of stroking Sandros ego. Regardless it was not very useful.

Sandro, during the era of T2A, Dexxers were known throughout the lands as "No Skill Dex Monkeys". Your super maxed out geared to the teeth uber dexer is not exactly what people were running around with back then. In fact it was more like a half complete character trying to make the best of a cheap suit of GM armor and maybe a lower end magic weapon.

Also Sandro, spend a week pvping with a true dexer on the field only, and tell me if it was not one of the more ineffectual experiences you've had with field pvp.... :| And I don't mean killing bards in dungeons... go to the GY once in a while.

To digress a little, what about the "strut" you can do on a horse (meaning just walking on a horse) to COMPLETELY avoid any amount of dexers on your tail from landing a swing on you. Sandro, nightshark... can you guys at least acknowledge that something should be done to fix that?

I've been spending a good amount of time doing my part in researching this matter, even tho the body of information out there is not getting me very far, I am still trying.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Times changed since 1999.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Sandro wrote:Times changed since 1999.
Sure, but should the passage of time, and subsequent advancement of technology, be sufficient to render an entire skill-set practically useless? I suppose if you're (speaking generally and not to anyone in specific) willing to break gameplay in the name of era accuracy, then the argument is moot until supporting evidence is found...of course if this is the case I'd like all my archery bugs back. :P
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Sandro wrote:Times changed since 1999.

they have. i still maintain that the mechanics are somewhat off. i remember hitting when running and i played a dexer often during this era. had he not run and hit i would've just retired him.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Rose wrote:Don't forget about the greater explosion potions that can be thrown at will, with absolutely nothing getting in the way, in the tournament that has nothing to do with T2A.

Drax's tourny record is strictly for the "Magics pots and poisons" tourney.... I'm not sure nightshark, if that post was a troll attempt or just for the sake of stroking Sandros ego. Regardless it was not very useful.

Sandro, during the era of T2A, Dexxers were known throughout the lands as "No Skill Dex Monkeys". Your super maxed out geared to the teeth uber dexer is not exactly what people were running around with back then. In fact it was more like a half complete character trying to make the best of a cheap suit of GM armor and maybe a lower end magic weapon.

Also Sandro, spend a week pvping with a true dexer on the field only, and tell me if it was not one of the more ineffectual experiences you've had with field pvp.... :| And I don't mean killing bards in dungeons... go to the GY once in a while.

To digress a little, what about the "strut" you can do on a horse (meaning just walking on a horse) to COMPLETELY avoid any amount of dexers on your tail from landing a swing on you. Sandro, nightshark... can you guys at least acknowledge that something should be done to fix that?

I've been spending a good amount of time doing my part in researching this matter, even tho the body of information out there is not getting me very far, I am still trying.
please start a new topic about this bug. i have been meaning to bring this up for a LONG time.

this affects hally mages too.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I'm pretty sure that you would not be able to "strut" if we had SOTR here.

Its worth posting about... I might have time later to do a new thread, but I have a feeling it might be an act of futility.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

The "strut" walk method really has no bearing, the only reason that is stopping anyone from swinging is because the person playing the melee character is simply not stopping to ready a swing, and just mashing down his run mouse-button.

There are so many opportunities to stop and ready a swing without it affecting the fight, you just have to incorporate it into your play-style.

Somebody doing this would in no way what-so-ever prevent me from being able to swing a weapon, playing a melee class character.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Ragancy wrote:
tanmits wrote:LOL @ using that char as "evidence" that dexers are OK. There's no grudge here because that is absolute bollocks and you know it. How many reflect charges, GT and +25 vanq weaps, and DP kegs did it take to get that many wins? I'd wager that if that char is even profitable, it is just barely.
That's the thing. Dexers stacked with 100k worth of magic items in a 10x10 box are by far the most dominating char. You can have 50+ ar, little to no dex loss, magic reflect on demand, and weapons that do 40 hp and cast fireball/lightning...oh yea and poison.

That's a terrible anecdote to provide for dexers being viable since that scenario is so specialized (and not era accurate lol) and does not apply to most people who would want to play a dexer.

This situation is an unfortunate product of our current connection speeds and the mechanics of this era. I'm starting to think that dexers will always suck on this shard unless you're ready to blow 20k in teleport charges just running after your target that has 25 of each reg and a GM hally.

Oh well.
Fair enough, my PK is stacked with like 200k worth of shit on a good day so it's fair a dexer should carry the same :) Even my blue mages/PvPers have around 60-100k worth of stuff on them and I consider that equipment only a little above average.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

For starters, I'm pissed that I clicked this thread instead of masturbating. Now I'm tired and will probably save it for the morning shower.

Back on topic, I don't really know what is or isn't wrong. The only evidence I need is the following:
Anyone without Magery here is "gimped" in PvP, according to the vast majority of the community (I know none that will argue that yet).
I don't remember NEEDING magic, ever, to survive, and even win, a simple fight with a 7xGM hally mage back in the day.

Whatever the case, what is accurate about a tank mage being the only truly viable PvP class on this shard?

I was almost stoked when nightshark posted, then I clicked the links and the third GM skill was Magery.

Dexxer my blankety blank blank ass.

Mages, the lot of you.

I quit.

for the night, I'm really tired

Ok, crap, I had to also point out that the evidence of nearly every mention of a person's dexxer in this thread is how long it's been since it's been used.
No wonder BleatingU had 5000+ vanq weapons in his Keep. No one uses it.
Why the hell does platemail even exist on the shard? For the appearance of accuracy? No one uses it but me and I had to get it made on special fucking order because no player in their right mind will waste the time to make it and let it collect dust on their player vendors.

/rant
I'm not in Bloodrock, but I'm just as stubborn about using magic on my warrior.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

BlaiseDad wrote:For starters, I'm pissed that I clicked this thread instead of masturbating. Now I'm tired and will probably save it for the morning shower.

Back on topic, I don't really know what is or isn't wrong. The only evidence I need is the following:
Anyone without Magery here is "gimped" in PvP, according to the vast majority of the community (I know none that will argue that yet).
I don't remember NEEDING magic, ever, to survive, and even win, a simple fight with a 7xGM hally mage back in the day.

Whatever the case, what is accurate about a tank mage being the only truly viable PvP class on this shard?

I was almost stoked when nightshark posted, then I clicked the links and the third GM skill was Magery.

Dexxer my blankety blank blank ass.

Mages, the lot of you.

I quit.

for the night, I'm really tired

Ok, crap, I had to also point out that the evidence of nearly every mention of a person's dexxer in this thread is how long it's been since it's been used.
No wonder BleatingU had 5000+ vanq weapons in his Keep. No one uses it.
Why the hell does platemail even exist on the shard? For the appearance of accuracy? No one uses it but me and I had to get it made on special fucking order because no player in their right mind will waste the time to make it and let it collect dust on their player vendors.

/rant
I'm not in Bloodrock, but I'm just as stubborn about using magic on my warrior.
Haha im sure masturbating works great as a dexxer.
As for the rest of your post, I agree 100% The whole tankmage GOD PvPer is a free shard thing. Was never like this on OSI.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Fair enough, my PK is stacked with like 200k worth of shit on a good day so it's fair a dexer should carry the same :) Even my blue mages/PvPers have around 60-100k worth of stuff on them and I consider that equipment only a little above average.
Honestly, are we really comparing what a viable dexer should carry to a PK in stat loss who has a +25 vanq hally? That's absurd.

My whole point, and I think a lot other people agree who played during this era (I played on LS), is that dexers were viable with nothing more than a GM weap and GM armor, a handful of regs(maybe no regs), and some bandaids. That's why they got a lot of slack because they had almost no loot and nearly no talent to play..."dex monkeys".

I was one of the few dexers back on LS during this era that had 100 magery/100 resist and the template was incredibly powerful.

Here it's the total friggin opposite. That's whack.

This predicament just closes the door to common "dex monkey", which means less players. Think about it. There's not many people who want to be that hardcore about this game to effectively play a dexer on this shard. On the other hand, if we could somehow re-vitalize the "Dex monkey", then more people would play that type of char.