Figuring out the Second Age Thief...

Moderator: Support Moderators

hungrythief

Figuring out the Second Age Thief...

Post by hungrythief »

What's up all! Sorry if you came in here looking for answers- I've only got questions! So I've been trying to improve my thief tactics but I'm at a loss exactly how to do this. Town sucks. Houses are fun but it's so random. I just got stuck in one (patio locked from the inside). That was kind of funny. The fact that stealing always reveals you when hidden (absurd) just gets me killed-- I don't know how to get away unless I'm on horseback, but then I can't stealth, so I can't sneak up on them anyway.

It seems that because of these 'era-accurate' features such as stealing=reveal and snooping+stealth=reveal, a thief no longer needs all three skills, stealing, stealth, and hiding. Either you just need stealing and snooping (and you role-play other characters), or you just need hiding and stealth for cat burglarizing.

The only thing I can figure out that I haven't tried yet is pretending to do something else, like provoking or something. I could see that.. getting my karma up, play dress up, etc. but that's a time thing-- you wait for one good item and that's it, you have to create a new persona.

Am I totally missing something? Anyone want to give any suggestions? I know your techniques are your own, but maybe just a hint... I'd appreciate it.

On a side note, I've never been good at PVP but has anyone considered a pure PVP template with just stealing (none of its accompanying skills) as a PVP skill? Without snooping you could use steal by type, and I imagine it would be a great addition.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Figuring out the Second Age Thief...

Post by chumbucket »

PvP is for losers.

Read the stealing entry on the wiki for a pretty good summation of stealing related things.

hungrythief

Post by hungrythief »

I've read it, just re-read it and I see I had a bout of cryptamnesia in reference to the stealing as PVP tactic.

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

How does one steal by type?

hungrythief

Post by hungrythief »

I haven't played with it yet but from my understanding, you just record a macro in Razor to steal Black Pearl for ex. and then right click the target and convert to "target by type"....

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/6670 my fav template for a thief
second would be Eval int . mage . med . resist , wrestle , steal , snoop 100 str 25 dex 100 int
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

I basically have matron's build on my thief, and while I enjoy playing him, I find that I use him more as a stealth Mage than I do a thief. You hardly ever see people in dungeons, and when you do, theyve got nothing worth stealing.

hungrythief

Post by hungrythief »

I'm just going to focus on GMing Trolling while I figure this thief thing out.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

hungrythief wrote:I'm just going to focus on GMing Trolling while I figure this thief thing out.
A man after my own heart! Being a thief is about patience and constant observation. . . and trolling. la

Return to “New Player Help”