Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Post by Derrick »

• Healing/Curing can no longer yield a karma loss for the healer when healing/curing less reputable players. Thanks Nightshark
  • Fixed some bugs with friended mounts. Thanks Rose, GuardianKnight, more.
    • It should no longer be possible to dismount another player if you are friended to his mount.
  • The Survival game will be back online with some changes. Thanks Nevermore.
  • Some additional blocking items such as footstools, which are only blocking when not locked down will now be smashable by monsters.
    • Any items locked down in a house or are otherwise not movable can never be smashed in this manner.
  • Correction to the reagents used to inscribe the Telekinesis spell. Thanks sotrans & MoJo's
  • Red brigands are aggressive again. Thanks Safir
  • Issue with some spells not always triggering aggression/criminality should be fixed. (EQ/CL) Thanks Wharf Rat & Loathed
  • Dispel spell is no longer criminal. Thanks Hurricane
  • Fixed issue that prevented the cutting of newbie cloth. Thanks Rose.
  • Some clothing items given as holiday gifts may no longer be unraveled.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Downs

Re: Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Post by Downs »

Derrick wrote: Some clothing items given as holiday gifts may no longer be unraveled
can we get a 5 minute extension on this?!!??!?!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Wish i knew the hat thing was going to be undone... I woulsn't have paid 100k per hat and I sure as heck woulda cut at least 1 of them :(
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I must say I am happy with the patch. As for hats, that is the risk you take when you just assume the devs of a a T2A accurate shard are gonna give away neon white cloth :-p Though I can certainly emphasize and if the red cloth I bought is useless I would probably be just as annoyed....granted, as an orc I can just cut em into a bandage and be happy as a clam.

Frankly though, im just happy to see a patch note. Yay.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was really asking someone in IRC if cutting a hat was was a bug. That's how surprised I was to see that as a patch note.

People weren't complaining that people were cutting the items so much as they were complaining that they didn't like the trammel colors lol.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

GuardianKnight wrote:I was really asking someone in IRC if cutting a hat was was a bug. That's how surprised I was to see that as a patch note.

People weren't complaining that people were cutting the items so much as they were complaining that they didn't like the trammel colors lol.
Yeah, I saw that too. Most people, without knowing, just stated "derrick knew and put them in to be cut", which I personally think is a silly assumption. Still, I can see his perspective. If he told everyone the patch was coming then what would have been the point? Everyone would have immediately cut their hats. This way solves the 'problem' without a revert and as quickly as possible.

On a different note, what is the mounted change?
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

It solves 1 problem but another one is created. We have people with pure white clothing running around and the other half of the people bought the hats for a very expensive amount and now can't use them. OSI would have told everyone that this is illegal and your items will be taken away or you will be banned.

Why are their bug created items allowed to continue existing while my items that i wanted to cut are not cuttable?

I realize that this is a pain in the butt issue and I apologize for complaining but this kind of thing has never happened with cloth.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Aww, the hat Sandro and I worked together to steal is now worthless!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't see this issue as being much of a problem. The hats were not intended to be cut and now are not able to be cut. We certainly are not going to take players items away from them, or threaten bans as a result of an unanticipated mechanic. There's nothing malicious about the cutting of the hats, it just wasn't intended.

I'd appreciate it if this thread didn't turn into a 15 page rant about the inequities of the unexpected.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Can someone clarify the horse patch? I am not sure if it affects my frenzied riding, zero taming, mojoka.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:Can someone clarify the horse patch? I am not sure if it affects my frenzied riding, zero taming, mojoka.
This only relates to a bug in which if you were friended to a horse and someone else was riding it, you could mount it by double clicking the horse using a macro. It would also leave a ghost horse behind where the rider was standing. It doesn't have any effect on anything "normal".

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:
Ronk wrote:Can someone clarify the horse patch? I am not sure if it affects my frenzied riding, zero taming, mojoka.
This only relates to a bug in which if you were friended to a horse and someone else was riding it, you could mount it by double clicking the horse using a macro. It would also leave a ghost horse behind where the rider was standing. It doesn't have any effect on anything "normal".
Ah, okay, thanks :-p
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Epic, yay patching!

Keep up the great work Derrick, team and all contributing members of UOSA!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Super lame how I can't make any ice cloth now like everyone else did. Completely unfair, delete the other ice clothes or let me have the same opportunity. How many times has this happened where Derrick says "oops I don't know how that item got in the game ok you can have it BUT NO ONE ELSE!!" How Derrick, Grandmaster freeshard GM, could not anticipate this is beyond me.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

CrackMayn7

Post by CrackMayn7 »

Edited for a bad analogy. Another UO life lesson learnt- Don't put all your money into pretty hats

The patch said some clothing can no longer be unraveled. Just wanted to clarify that all hats from july 4th can no longer be cut? Or is it just the ice white? Thanks
Last edited by CrackMayn7 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.