Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Information on the latest Server Patches
Telamon

Re: Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Post by Telamon »

Derrick wrote:I don't see this issue as being much of a problem. The hats were not intended to be cut and now are not able to be cut. We certainly are not going to take players items away from them, or threaten bans as a result of an unanticipated mechanic. There's nothing malicious about the cutting of the hats, it just wasn't intended.

I'd appreciate it if this thread didn't turn into a 15 page rant about the inequities of the unexpected.
Thanks for all the hard work.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kabal wrote:Super lame how I can't make any ice cloth now like everyone else did. Completely unfair, delete the other ice clothes or let me have the same opportunity. How many times has this happened where Derrick says "oops I don't know how that item got in the game ok you can have it BUT NO ONE ELSE!!" How Derrick, Grandmaster freeshard GM, could not anticipate this is beyond me.
Yes, and while we are at it lets destroy all grandfathered items that no one else can get too. As for how he couldn't anticipate it, id love to know what your profession in real life is? And you certainly didn't anticipate it being patched. Cut him some slack, if it was possible to anticipate everything then software would never have bugs.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Was there any discussion on footstools being now breakable by monsters? I don't remember this issue being brought up (other than for the survival event), and there was no mention there that in era they were destroyed by monsters. And if they are destroyable by monsters, are they also axeable by players?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

hahahaha....... fuck.

Spent 200k on hats last night, didnt cut them up because I thought they looked nicer being stored in hat form in my house. WOOPS.

Part of me wants to rant about how this is unfair, and a massive conspiracy to keep people of my color down, but oh well.

The rares market is one of speculation, and I guess I should have considered this an option. But, the silence on the matter, and the fact that it appeared to me to be a perfectly legitimate use of the holiday gifts, let me throw caution the wind.

Derrick, I demand reparations. I would like my 4 white hats turned into an eagle statue that says "Mr. Bojangles participated and lost his shirt in, The Great White Hype of 2011" The statue should not be able to be converted into silver.

If you refuse my request, I will..... do absolutely nothing.
Last edited by mrbojangles on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Baslin

Post by Baslin »

Kabal wrote:Super lame how I can't make any ice cloth now like everyone else did. Completely unfair, delete the other ice clothes or let me have the same opportunity. How many times has this happened where Derrick says "oops I don't know how that item got in the game ok you can have it BUT NO ONE ELSE!!" How Derrick, Grandmaster freeshard GM, could not anticipate this is beyond me.
It's a shame that you're probably being serious.

-----------

Nice patch -- I've been here a week and am very impressed.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Lets make sure this Christmas, we spawn sparkle colored norse helms that can be smelted into ingots, crafted into an indestructible +25 vanq hally with sparkle coloration and is re-imbuable with lightning charges but patch it out right after Guerrilla gets 10 of em, and let Guerrilla keep em. Because we just can't deprive Guerrilla of his items.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kabal wrote:Lets make sure this Christmas, we spawn sparkle colored norse helms that can be smelted into ingots, crafted into an indestructible +25 vanq hally with sparkle coloration and is re-imbuable with lightning charges but patch it out right after Guerrilla gets 10 of em, and let Guerrilla keep em. Because we just can't deprive Guerrilla of his items.
You have l33t while cloths in your forum avatar
<----------------
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Super lame that I can't get CBDs any more without buying them for high cost.
Also lame that I'll never get that purple horse for under 6mil from GK.

It is utterly era-accurate that a minor oversite creates items that should not have been, and eventually are no longer accessible but also not being removed from the players who first found it.

Things happen and times change things. If you weren't here in the moment, it's your loss. Welcome to UO. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Baslin

Post by Baslin »

BlaiseDad wrote:Things happen and times change things. If you weren't here in the moment, it's your loss. Welcome to UO. :)
^^^^^^^^^^

Stonewilled
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stonewilled »

Derrick wrote: unanticipated mechanic.
What part of the mechanic allowing clothes to be cut into cloth is unanticipated?

How are we as players supposed to be able to infer that this fiasco was unintentional?
Derrick wrote:I'd appreciate it if this thread didn't turn into a 15 page rant about the inequities of the unexpected.
Keep it to fourteen pages or less guys.

Peace all.

I'm over "this".
[10:42:25] <yomega> never picked someoneto grudge on
[10:42:31] <yomega> but it will be u

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

This kind of thing happened a lot in Era. It even happened in UOR and AOS. They took a strong approach to it later on though. I remember when people had neon purple clothes because they logged out with the faction sigils. GMs started banning people for buying purple halbards.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Kabal wrote:Lets make sure this Christmas, we spawn sparkle colored norse helms that can be smelted into ingots, crafted into an indestructible +25 vanq hally with sparkle coloration and is re-imbuable with lightning charges but patch it out right after Guerrilla gets 10 of em, and let Guerrilla keep em. Because we just can't deprive Guerrilla of his items.
I will you sell you pure white tissues, blessed is optional.

The difference between Guerilla and you is that Guerilla didnt wait to cut his hats. Probably safe to say some of the people who bought hats where investing fo the future; buy cheap now, sell high later (like CBDs.) Greed can be a b*tch.

You take a gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. This happens all the time here at UOSA, its a risk you accept playing here.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Just make the best of it and become a hat collector like me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

KABAL: HEY DERRICK YOU EVER USED SCISSORS ON A HAT!?

DERRICK: ROFL NO WHAT HAPPENS!?

KABAL: YOU GET LEET ITEMS!

DERRICK: O RLY!?

We all know this conversation could never happen. I don't understand how he couldn't anticipate this. I'm sure Derrick's UO knowledge towers above mine, but cutting those hats into cloth was the first thing I thought of when I seen it, this is what boggles my mind.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

If you need to vent just pm me.