Heed this.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mardas

Heed this.

Post by Mardas »

New Players:

Couple things you should know:

You'll die a lot....a lot a lot.... usually by other players. You'll die in town, dungeons, maybe even while at a player vendor.

You'll probably be scammed. It might be an empty spellbook you just paid 5k for because you thought it was full, or it might be something else- maybe a magic item you thought was vanquishing and it was really of ruin.

You'll probably be griefed at some point. Someone will probably follow you around and spam stuff at you. It doesn't happen a ton, but it can get bad.

Someone will probably break into your house and take/try to take your stuff.

All of the above have happened to me in the last 6 months. I've gotten pretty red faced about all of it too.
I want you all to expect these things, and knowing it before hand, try to mitigate it.

With that being said I'd like to give some more advice. I hope people will really think about this, because I think its a real problem with this game/shard:

This game is not broken. This game is not easy. An in game death in the world of T2A Ultima Online is not supposed to be easy or enjoyable to recover from. Most players/characters are supposed to be in a position where they don't want to die or lose money/items/time. Hanging out in areas with high player killer presence, leaving your house unlocked, or keeping highly valuable items in your pack are decisions that you're making and in this game they have consequences.

If you don't like games with challenges consider your time best spent elsewhere.

T2A can be brutal at times, but venture into Britannia prepared and ready and I believe that you'll be met with a rewarding experience.

MM

Dolos

Re: Heed this.

Post by Dolos »

This was an outstanding post. I agree, these is a lot of really crappy stuff that can and most likely will happen to you while playing this game. But that's what makes it great, don't let it get your down. Learn from your mistakes and be the one performing these evil deeds (or combating them if that's your bag...yuck).

I suggest every new character read these 3 posts immediately upon beginning the game, then re-read them as you get more comfortable with the mechanics.

How to not die by properly preparing yourself

Newbie's guide to escape

How to not get scammed

Understanding the topics written about in these guides will vastly improve your chances of success in this game.

Return to “New Player Help”