Sea Shells on the Beach

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ox Demetari

Sea Shells on the Beach

Post by Ox Demetari »

I may be off by an era or two but I definitely remember being able to pick up sea shells off the beach just east of East Brit Bank.. I don't see why that would have been a later addition.. plus I could swear I recall doing it even before T2A. I remember them spawning at least once a day.. maybe 3 or 4 types.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Sea Shells on the Beach

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't remember this ever happening. I always thought they came from fishermen.

Ox Demetari

Post by Ox Demetari »

Gah! Hope someone remembers. I know they came from fisherman, but they definitely came off the beach there too. it was a very nice touch. I remember looking forward to checking the beach for shells. Had quite a collection in my house just from picking them off the shore. Other than a pic of my house wish the shells (which may be lost in a harddrive somewhere. and isnt really proof anyways) I doubt I'll ever find proof. Sucks. perhaps if enough people can remember this, it can be added. Shouldn't be too tough to add a spawner there, lol.. I know there are other things I came across already that were from T2A and aren't implemented here.. if I remember them I'll post them as well.

Berock Shagando

Post by Berock Shagando »

I remember this in my beginning days (T2A release). They were a semi-rare at the time and didn't include "recovered from a shipwreck" in the name. I used to check the very same beach on my fisherman since the one on the south side of brit was full of houses. Tho I don't know if these were taken out before or after Nov. 99

Ox Demetari

Post by Ox Demetari »

Well atleast im one step away from crazy and one more towards a possible addition to era accuracy lol. Glad someone remembers. Hopefully others do. I still say I remember it being before UO:R.

Populus

Post by Populus »

This does ring a bell.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Charla

Post by Charla »

I remember before T2A the shells on the beach. I never could pick them up. LOL even tried using my miner to dig them out.

So guess only time you could pick them up was when they spawned and a few moments after.

This might have been a "shard" thing. I used to play on different shards, since could have houses on any shard, not by

account only. The shards had differences. One had a burned out boat along Moonglow. Not sure just were now. Another had

a fenced in area ( believe it was fenced? hard to remember exactly, might have been a small posted fort) this was across ferry

at Skara.

So nope, don't believe you are crazy. LOL

Westra

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Berock Shagando wrote:I remember this in my beginning days (T2A release). They were a semi-rare at the time and didn't include "recovered from a shipwreck" in the name. I used to check the very same beach on my fisherman since the one on the south side of brit was full of houses. Tho I don't know if these were taken out before or after Nov. 99
I remember this, also. I had forgotten about it till you brought it up. :)

Its the little things that make it interesting.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Berock Shagando

Ox Demetari wrote:Well atleast im one step away from crazy and one more towards a possible addition to era accuracy lol. Glad someone remembers. Hopefully others do. I still say I remember it being before UO:R.
It was definately before UO:R. By the time UO:R released, My fisherman was fishing deep sea exclusively. And the only time I walked the beach was before I could fish deep sea.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

I throw about 100 shells away a week if you want some lol...

Berock Shagando

thats not the point of this discussion. Era accuracy is.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Berock Shagando wrote:thats not the point of this discussion. Era accuracy is.
Did someone discover patch notes or something?

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Yea there were occasional spawn items like this all over. Not just sea shells either. I think it worked kind of like the fruit trees, and you could only get 2 shells from East Brit beach and 1 from Barrier Isle just East of the lagoon. But with out screenies good luck getting it implemented.

anyway youre not crazy man
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

I think you are thinking of Animal Crossing.

Ox Demetari

Post by Ox Demetari »

Robbbb wrote:I throw about 100 shells away a week if you want some lol...
Nostalgia & Accuracy would be preferred.
Alex the Artist wrote:I think you are thinking of Animal Crossing.
Never played.