Stealth and Arch Protection

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stealth and Arch Protection

Post by Ronk »

I did a brief search and saw nothing...but is this accurate? Should the protection/arch protection spell make it more difficult to stealth?

I need to verify this more when I can find a mage to help me but at GM stealth with just studded leather (and an orc helm) I failed a stealth check and I believe it was due to the arch protection that was on me at the time.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Krug'gruk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stealth and Arch Protection

Post by Krug'gruk »

With full studded (especially GM) and orc helmet, you should expect to fail quite often with stealth. As to the arch-protection question I am not sure.

You'd be hard-pressed to wear full GM leather and an orc helm and not fail at stealth a fair amount of times. If I'm just stealthing around I typically wear a leather tunic and boots and orc helm.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Krug'gruk wrote:With full studded (especially GM) and orc helmet, you should expect to fail quite often with stealth. As to the arch-protection question I am not sure.

You'd be hard-pressed to wear full GM leather and an orc helm and not fail at stealth a fair amount of times. If I'm just stealthing around I typically wear a leather tunic and boots and orc helm.
Well, to clarify. I actually wear a ringmail tunic but my macro disarms the tunic, activates stealth, and puts the tunic back on. Thus it wasn't actually a full GM studded, it was full minus the tunic.

And ive stealthed with this template for a long time and never had any issues. Hence why in this instance im guessing it was arch protection. (Its possible there was a hidden person nearby with a high detect, I suppose).
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Failed multiple times yesterday with arch protection and full leather suit, at GM stealth (had 23ar total). There was noone around with detect.

It was immediately noticeable as usually a full leather set fails very infrequently for me.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

protect gives you 10 ar and stealth does a ar check so i dont see why you wouldn't expect it to increase your rate to fail
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

iamreallysquall wrote:protect gives you 10 ar and stealth does a ar check so i dont see why you wouldn't expect it to increase your rate to fail
Probably doesnt check WHAT is creating the AR...just what the total AR amount is...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Robbbb wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:protect gives you 10 ar and stealth does a ar check so i dont see why you wouldn't expect it to increase your rate to fail
Probably doesnt check WHAT is creating the AR...just what the total AR amount is...
Stealth probably doesn't check where the AR rating is coming from, just what it is!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Robbbb wrote:
Stealth probably doesn't check where the AR rating is coming from, just what it is!
ITT: We're pretty sure stealth checks your total AR amount, not where it's coming from.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE