Multiple Account Blue+Grays Abuse in Town

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Multiple Account Blue+Grays Abuse in Town

Post by son »

lol
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

I as well pk u in town especially if i see the "guards" ever couple seconds
see u on the floor

:D
TC

Stonewolf

Post by Stonewolf »

Kelektra wrote:You very much could run more then one client.

MultiUO

No fix needed. They are not doing anything that could not have been done in T2A. Town was never 100%. Yes it was safer back then only because there were so many more players. You have to learn to adapt to new evils of the world. "Guards" in your macro if you afking. Put everything in your bank if your in town macroing.

If your really worried about your "magic spear" which i would assume is junk anyway or you would have said +20 vanq short spear, I will gladly give you several.
The spear WAS crap. Them hustlers still wanted it. That's beside the point.

MultiUO was, if I recall, a third party program. Not everyone had the processing speeds to run two instances of the game at the same time unless they had a pretty good computer. And if it was used, not to the extent I'm seeing.

The focus of this is that multiple characters can be played by a single player to overwhelm a player very fast. Two players with multiple accounts running at the same time can attack anyone with about 3-6 attacks simultaneously (they were not purple pots) and let the single blue stand ready to loot his fallen grays with a turn of the chair and clicks of the mouse while you're ghosted.

If you take me legitimately, that's fine, if you have to resort to this, you're just as lame in game as you are probably out.

This is a problem that has no defense and, yeah, will need a fix in time.

Stonewolf

Post by Stonewolf »

iamreallysquall wrote:just fyi spamming guards in your macro will get you squelched :P
Naw, not spamming it. Keep it to about the same couple seconds twinkle toes promised to PK me for if I am watching a movie or taking a piss.

Thanks for the advice, though. :wink:

Stonewolf

Post by Stonewolf »

iamreallysquall wrote:just fyi spamming guards in your macro will get you squelched :P
Oh, just realized... you thought I was yelling guards six times to save my toon... naw, I was doing that to save some guy on a mount. Every Guards I yelled killed one and he was still being attacked. 6 PKs dead, total, all Dime Dooring away to the same location for ressing and then brought back.

An effective exploit, though really kind of pathetic, too.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

You could easily run multiple clients on a Pentium running win 98. I did it.

You got beaten using the mechanics of the game, adapt or drown.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Stonewolf

Post by Stonewolf »

son wrote:You could easily run multiple clients on a Pentium running win 98. I did it.

You got beaten using the mechanics of the game, adapt or drown.
Adapt to what? What game mechanic do you refer to? Specifically. I played for 6 years from the start and here and there after that. I don't recall it being a game mechanic where one player could handle 3-4 toons at once. And being era accurate, not everyone had the privilege of having cool tech back then.

Regardless of whether you could do it then and now, it's still an exploit. If there is a way for a player to use a gray toon and a blue toon together to irretrievably steal a player's belongings, then there should be a game mechanic that would allow for the other player to do something about it.

There isn't. So, don't talk with little superior quips about 'adapt or drown' and agree or disagree about how this is or isn't an exploit. Because I'm of a mind that it very much is.

I was hidden at the bank and working with inventory when that happened. I was revealed and damn near instantly killed. Two players (or one player with two clients running on your pentium) couldn't have killed me that fast at the bank. Situating 4-5 toons around me and queuing up spells simultaneously could and did.

So, tell me: Adapt to what?

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

lol spell damage in town ? you mean purple pots ? no exploit here and you are just making a assumption thats it 1 person
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Kelektra, I could get you. :)
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Boondock_Saint wrote:Kelektra, I could get you. :)
If Kelektra looked anything like it's sig I could too :wink:

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Stonewolf wrote:
Naw, not spamming it. Keep it to about the same couple seconds twinkle toes promised to PK me for if I am watching a movie or taking a piss.

Saying it every couple of seconds is still spamming it. You can't have a macro that says "guards" repeatedly at a bank.

It never works anyway. Townkillers will still get you, and thieves will still steal from you. The only difference is, by spamming, you call attention to yourself, making yourself a target.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

iamreallysquall

Atraxi wrote:
Stonewolf wrote:

Saying it every couple of seconds is still spamming it. You can't have a macro that says "guards" repeatedly at a bank.

It never works anyway. Townkillers will still get you, and thieves will still steal from you. The only difference is, by spamming, you call attention to yourself, making yourself a target.
red flag its like oh i got something and you cant get me !

Stonewolf

Post by Stonewolf »

This is like talking to 3-year-olds. lol.

This is a post about the exploit of blue/greys in use by the same account-holder. Not about how often a macro calls for 'guards'.

To be clear, I wasn't even calling for guards or macroing at the time. I was working on my inventory where two players had multiple toons attack me and then continued to do so to other players. The moment their grays died, the blue looted their bodies and got away with the loot.

It's an exploit if I can't stop that from happening.

"I could get you." lol. This way, you could. Other than that, um... so? I could get you back. That's a game mechanic. All good with that.

If I can't get you back, that's just wrong.

Right?

iamreallysquall

Stonewolf wrote:This is like talking to 3-year-olds. lol.

This is a post about the exploit of blue/greys in use by the same account-holder. Not about how often a macro calls for 'guards'.

To be clear, I wasn't even calling for guards or macroing at the time. I was working on my inventory where two players had multiple toons attack me and then continued to do so to other players. The moment their grays died, the blue looted their bodies and got away with the loot.

It's an exploit if I can't stop that from happening.

"I could get you." lol. This way, you could. Other than that, um... so? I could get you back. That's a game mechanic. All good with that.

If I can't get you back, that's just wrong.
you do the same thing? with multiple people oh man thats hard stuff
Right?