Urk at our Council Hall & Shops

Moderators: dvs, dren

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Urk at our Council Hall & Shops

Post by dren »

Hail fellow Merchants!

I would write this up in Tales of Adventure or the Crossroads Tavern but I did not get the screenshots of the whole event. At least a couple times now there have been about 8 URK hanging out in our Council Hall. They had been using it as their own hut and as an outpost to attack people from who were coming along the moat out of Britain.

I talked to them about it and explained it was not their "Furt" and that it was our hall for meetings. They demaned "Trybute" and "Shinies" and I gave them about 10Kgp in arrows, bolts, gems, & gold as well as releasing my horse for them to eat "Grub". Under the condition that they don't use our buildings for PvP anymore. They said "Ookie" so I am going to assume they are being honest. I gave them a couple of runes marked:

S&S Britain: Clomp dem oomie supplies!

Hopefully this will bring some additional business to our shops and keep them from using our buildings as their own.
urk-given-tribute.jpg
urk-given-tribute.jpg (144.45 KiB) Viewed 5982 times
If you see a group of Urks using our council hall for PvP or our shops again please ban them and let me know. I have told them if they are caught doing this again they will be banned.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: URK at our Council Hall & Shops

Post by Zelek Uther »

Hehe, fantastic! Thanks for handling the Orcs diplomatically, hopefully they now have enough trybute to keep them happy!
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Liquid Todd

Post by Liquid Todd »

Trick or Treat!

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

hohoho!
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Awww, when did these become shops? :-( These have been orc stompin huts for a loooong time now, lol.

It is never the intention of the orcs to grief anyone...though I think our presence there on occasion would be good for business ;-)
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Haha! Ronk it probably would be good, as a bunch of people flock to the area when there is action here. However, these are actually all of our houses now for about 1yr. depending on the house. We use them for guild stuff so we don't want to have fighting. We would love to see you in the area, but using our houses as orc stompin huts is kinda scurry for us Merchants since most of us don't have fighting skills and many are not skilled as magic users.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Urk at our Council Hall & Shops

Post by dren »

So Urk is now using humans characters to lure people into our shops while they wait there hidden and attack people. They are having 5-10 urks hiding in our shops to try to gank people with a lure and suprise attack. For shame, it's one thing to use Urk chars and another to use humans and questionable tactics; nevermind do it inside our shops. I am really dissapointed to say Urk did not keep up their end of our agreement.

From now on Urk is banned from all 5 branches of S&S until they pay 43,800 in reparations for violation of our verbal agreement and other damages caused to our business. Payment will be accepted in small deed only to myself, and the monies will go toward helping new crafters/mules get started on the server.

If the money is paid, I will list the amounts allocated and to who here on this page.

random guy

Post by random guy »

POLYMORPH is NOT using Human Characters..At least get that correct before you start slinging accusations that are not true. You also forgot to mention that the orcs DID NOT LOOT And went so far as to rez and heal the 1 person we did find. We also spared his mount. I have respect for MoB But when you falsley blurt out stuff like us using humans to lure others in, just rubs me the wrong way. Brit GY is one of the major PvP spots and it will always be full of conflict and urk will always visit there from time to time.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

random guy wrote:POLYMORPH is NOT using Human Characters..At least get that correct before you start slinging accusations that are not true. You also forgot to mention that the orcs DID NOT LOOT And went so far as to rez and heal the 1 person we did find. We also spared his mount. I have respect for MoB But when you falsley blurt out stuff like us using humans to lure others in, just rubs me the wrong way. Brit GY is one of the major PvP spots and it will always be full of conflict and urk will always visit there from time to time.
Lol, don't forget incognito :-p
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

pm_lamont

Post by pm_lamont »

random guy wrote:POLYMORPH is NOT using Human Characters..At least get that correct before you start slinging accusations that are not true. You also forgot to mention that the orcs DID NOT LOOT And went so far as to rez and heal the 1 person we did find. We also spared his mount. I have respect for MoB But when you falsley blurt out stuff like us using humans to lure others in, just rubs me the wrong way. Brit GY is one of the major PvP spots and it will always be full of conflict and urk will always visit there from time to time.
Why would he just fabricate something so specific out of thin air completely out of the blue? That makes no sense at all.

random guy

Post by random guy »

pm_lamont wrote:
Why would he just fabricate something so specific out of thin air completely out of the blue? That makes no sense at all.
Why would an Orc need to have a human do what we can do for ourselves? YOUR statment makes no sense. Incognito and Polymorph are 2 spells in the spellbooks and IF you have ever opened one up you would know what they do so get off the bandwagon and get a real opinion instead of making secondhand judgements from reading what someones elses opinions are in these forums.

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

dren wrote: Under the condition that they don't use our buildings for PvP anymore. They said "Ookie" so I am going to assume they are being honest.
I suppose all their recent activity in cove and skara has emboldened the URKs to break their word with you Dren. It also makes you wonder how many urks are out there repeatedly casting incognito, wishing they were human.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

elhorno wrote:
dren wrote: Under the condition that they don't use our buildings for PvP anymore. They said "Ookie" so I am going to assume they are being honest.
I suppose all their recent activity in cove and skara has emboldened the URKs to break their word with you Dren. It also makes you wonder how many urks are out there repeatedly casting incognito, wishing they were human.
Just Ne'rull, as far as I know. ANd thats because most of the time if someone see's ne'rulls name they either run or they know there is a horde of orcs very close...and then they run.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Wallace in a full platemail armor suit with a tricorne hat is not polymorph. I personally witnessed Urk hidden waiting 5 strong in our huts and Wallace was the lure to lure customers into the shops for a gank. The Urks have shown themselves to be dishonorable (and probably violating their own RP rules by using a "uumie") and breaking their word on a peaceable arrangement which involved 10k worth of items/gold, disturbed normal business functions in our shops, and killed one of our merchants that were stocking their vendor (the one he was stocking when you killed him is targeted at helping new players) and then attacked him again a second time not long after (res killing also against Urk rules)...

We also have rules (and that is our right) in our shops which we work hard day and night to stock supplies for people on UOSA. The rules for our shops are clear to all on the server. Our shops are friendly for all customers, but there is no PvP allowed inside the shops. Urk was shown compassion, told the rules, and given fair warning in advance after repeated offenses, they agreed to the rules, and were given items and gold to show our good will as merchants. Urk agreed to the terms presented before receiving the items and Ne'rull was the person who was there both times in agreement & in violation to the terms.

Let me reiterate, there is no PvP in our shops. Outside fine! Inside, absolutely NOT! Using our shops as a base point for launching 10v1 ganks on customers is completely unacceptable! I have had reports and complaints from customers about this very thing exactly (10v1)! If you want to shop at our shops and not be banned from the insides then don't PvP there... I don't care if it's a red or a blue or a grey. If you fight in our shops and you are the aggressor you will be banned. How would Urk like it if I stayed with 5 or 10 people in their shops and ganked people shopping there? I imagine you would ban me and my gank squad also, amirite? Yes, I thought so... so for a moment consider that my actions are perfectly reasonable even for Urks.

So Yes, when you break these rules you will be banned, there are no exceptions -- this is why you are banned from all of our shops. I've given Urk the opportunity to save face by acting in good faith and paying 43,800 in reparations for violation of our verbal agreement and other damages caused to our business. This should be easy enough for your 10 person gank squad to come up with, I know I have given Urk "shinies" totalling at least 43800k myself over the time I've played here so you should have the money. I am always giving Urk "trybute" in the desert and "shinies" whenever I see them outside the desert even when they forget to ask. I have always supported Urk and looked the other direction in the case of their poor behavior in the past -- after this point I can't do it any longer without reparations. Payment will be accepted in small deed only to myself, and the monies will go toward helping new crafters/mules get started on the server.

If Urk decides to start with a clean slate and the money is paid, I will list the amounts allocated and to which new players the money was allocated to here on this page. If Urk has any special request for the money allocation then it will be given fair consideration before the money is paid. This is for a good cause and an easy way for Urk to not only help new players get started on the server, but also repair the relationship with the Merchants of Britannia and Urks. I highly recommend Urk considers paying reparations. If you refuse to make reparations for your misdeeds, you will without a doubt continue to be banned on sight in our shops indefinitely.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

dren wrote:Wallace in a full platemail armor suit with a tricorne hat is not polymorph. I personally witnessed Urk hidden waiting 5 strong in our huts and Wallace was the lure to lure customers into the shops for a gank. The Urks have shown themselves to be dishonorable (and probably violating their own RP rules by using a "uumie") and breaking their word on a peaceable arrangement which involved 10k worth of items/gold, disturbed normal business functions in our shops, and killed one of our merchants that were stocking their vendor (the one he was stocking when you killed him is targeted at helping new players) and then attacked him again a second time not long after (res killing also against Urk rules)...

We also have rules (and that is our right) in our shops which we work hard day and night to stock supplies for people on UOSA. The rules for our shops are clear to all on the server. Our shops are friendly for all customers, but there is no PvP allowed inside the shops. Urk was shown compassion, told the rules, and given fair warning in advance after repeated offenses, they agreed to the rules, and were given items and gold to show our good will as merchants. Urk agreed to the terms presented before receiving the items and Ne'rull was the person who was there both times in agreement & in violation to the terms.

Let me reiterate, there is no PvP in our shops. Outside fine! Inside, absolutely NOT! Using our shops as a base point for launching 10v1 ganks on customers is completely unacceptable! I have had reports and complaints from customers about this very thing exactly (10v1)! If you want to shop at our shops and not be banned from the insides then don't PvP there... I don't care if it's a red or a blue or a grey. If you fight in our shops and you are the aggressor you will be banned. How would Urk like it if I stayed with 5 or 10 people in their shops and ganked people shopping there? I imagine you would ban me and my gank squad also, amirite? Yes, I thought so... so for a moment consider that my actions are perfectly reasonable even for Urks.

So Yes, when you break these rules you will be banned, there are no exceptions -- this is why you are banned from all of our shops. I've given Urk the opportunity to save face by acting in good faith and paying 43,800 in reparations for violation of our verbal agreement and other damages caused to our business. This should be easy enough for your 10 person gank squad to come up with, I know I have given Urk "shinies" totalling at least 43800k myself over the time I've played here so you should have the money. I am always giving Urk "trybute" in the desert and "shinies" whenever I see them outside the desert even when they forget to ask. I have always supported Urk and looked the other direction in the case of their poor behavior in the past -- after this point I can't do it any longer without reparations. Payment will be accepted in small deed only to myself, and the monies will go toward helping new crafters/mules get started on the server.

If Urk decides to start with a clean slate and the money is paid, I will list the amounts allocated and to which new players the money was allocated to here on this page. If Urk has any special request for the money allocation then it will be given fair consideration before the money is paid. This is for a good cause and an easy way for Urk to not only help new players get started on the server, but also repair the relationship with the Merchants of Britannia and Urks. I highly recommend Urk considers paying reparations. If you refuse to make reparations for your misdeeds, you will without a doubt continue to be banned on sight in our shops indefinitely.

I am currently the chieftain, though Ne'rull, being a shaman, is always one of the higher ups.

At any rate, I do agree a human in full plate is a problem. Granted, you could polymorph/incog and then put on full plate. It sounds to me as though your concern could be valid.

Next time you see this, please get a recording and/or screenshots. Id be curious as to who the orcs are, whether this Wallace person fights at all, and whether the orcs are actually guilded with tags. Without proof, there is little that can be done.

This is no way a knock against you, but given the amount that humans bitch and complain to us about every little thing (waa, I was looted. waa I was spawn killed. waa I was ganked. waa insert complaint here), I don't take peoples claims at face value. As with any complaint about break of character or any problem with bloodrock, proof (Screenshots and preferably video) is required.

As for reparations, the only way any reparations will be paid is if you accept the heads of your customers....though 43000 may take a while to collect.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock