Med without Magery

Moderator: Support Moderators

shire99

Med without Magery

Post by shire99 »

If magery is gm and med is not, what is the cheapest way to gm med?

iamreallysquall

Re: Med without Magery

Post by iamreallysquall »

exec meditation
if mana > = 40
exec flamestrike
wait for target(right click change time out to 1)
absolute target
end if

use this above macro once your 90 med
before that you should do a similar macro

if mana > = **
cast flamestrike
wait for target(edit this timeout)
target self
end if
if mana < = *
exec med
pause 10.00
end if
if sys message "you cannot focus"
exec med
pause 10.00
end if
if hp < = ***
pause (long enough to definitely heal your self with bandages on a alt or alternatively you could gheal your self)
end if

* 100 - med = point to med at
** point to med at + cost of spell your casting = point to cast at
*** = point you think is way to low
for you flamestrike would be the best assuming your resist is at that point were you want to be fsing your self for gains this same method can be applied for the 2nd macro for lightning / ebolt
adjust both if mana lines by -1 every 1.0 med gain and you should be golden up to 90 then use the first macro.
secondly i advise most people to start with 50 med (faster then buying / skill lower) as you can get to 55 resist by just running in a firefield hell of alot faster then you can get med from 0 or 28 to 50. start with 40 int work eval first using the above 2 macros and same as the 2nd one basically just for lightning and ebolt will get you 90 med before you gm magery every time and the first macro will gm your med before you gm magery then magery gms and you should have about 90ish resist all for 40-60k on regs

*special note The pause on the second macro / the point to cast at line you may need to tinker with this. say you need to med at 20 and cast at 80 but you pick those numbers and you aren't medding due to the pause or the time it takes the macro loop. slowly drop the the point to cast @ line by 1 til it works that are you stuck between the Point to cast / Point to med sections mana wise. i think with flame strike you can even remove the wait for target and putting on a leather chest will help hinder your passive regen rate if that's a problem. and well once your at 90 med the first macro works excellent
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

TheBreadMan

Post by TheBreadMan »

to make it more effective to train your med.. after to med.. say anything or do any actio.. to cancel med.. that way you will get more value for money.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i always gm first and i never hinder my med anymore and when i did i used a chest piece
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Stealthmode

Post by Stealthmode »

If you are incredibly cheap like I am, you can inscribe cheap scrolls to sell back to vendors and gm med and make money at the same time. Otherwise that FS macro above looks great.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

maybe it's not the cheapest, haven't done the math on using fs vs poison, but casting poison and keeping yourself close to or at 0 mana is a very quick way to finish off your med. very cheap too as it only uses 1 reagant @ 3gp per cast. fs is slow since your spot for gaining med is between 0 and ~20 mana near gm
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

tforce

Post by tforce »

Buy all the ale at the pub and set a macro to get mostly drunk. then med.

this worked for me. you may have to play with "manna less than 38" you do not want to get too drunk. if you have NO mana you will always fail. just mostly drunk. also it takes a little while for to get drunk. but once you start the cycle you will have gain and not have to cast at all.

if mana less than 38
dbl click bottle
wait for target
target self
pause 10 sec
else
pause 10 sec
use skill med
say "."
enf for

loop

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

tforce wrote:Buy all the ale at the pub and set a macro to get mostly drunk. then med.

this worked for me. you may have to play with "manna less than 38" you do not want to get too drunk. if you have NO mana you will always fail. just mostly drunk. also it takes a little while for to get drunk. but once you start the cycle you will have gain and not have to cast at all.

if mana less than 38
dbl click bottle
wait for target
target self
pause 10 sec
else
pause 10 sec
use skill med
say "."
enf for

loop
Did this GM you?

I have only managed to get to 88 med using this technique.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”